Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
01-25-2021, 10:07 AM - 5 Likes   #46
Pentaxian

'At the CP+ Online Booth, Ricoh Imaging will present a variety of online content based on three of our brands, PENTAX, GR, and THETA.

In addition to the upcoming PENTAX K-3 Mark III and GR III‘s impressions and conversations with famous photographers, we will also be offering a virtual touch & try of the K-3 Mark III. Additionally, we will be offering much other exciting content, including live streaming content.

The booth will exhibit contents, which the RICOH and PENTAX users and those who have never used our products, may enjoy. So please take this opportunity to stop by the Ricoh Imaging Online Booth.
'

Source: 出展社特設サイト一覧 | CP+2021 ONLINE カメラと写真映像のワールドプレミアショー「CP+(シーピープラス) ONLINE」

01-25-2021, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

Anyone here with some connections at Ricoh Imaging Japan, to ask them to please please offers English subtitles to their published content?
01-25-2021, 10:54 AM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Anyone here with some connections at Ricoh Imaging Japan, to ask them to please please offers English subtitles to their published content?
Hopefully, there will also be a virtual interview with @Adam;
01-25-2021, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Wow... Look at you, all up to date with the latest games and everything

I'm off to play Galaga on my Raspberry Pi
I do occasionally play recca on my pi. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recca

QuoteOriginally posted by Wikipedia:
Recca is described by shoot 'em up fans and reviewers as one of the toughest games in history.
Resting up with some extreme stress and intensity is undervalued.

01-27-2021, 02:26 AM - 2 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You see, "Cologne" is the perfume ("colonie" in Romanian) - but Koln is a German town
But it's all the same thing! The roman name of the city was "Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium" which was shortened to Köln over time. And the original name of the perfume is "Kölnisch Wasser" - or "Eau du Cologne" in French.
01-27-2021, 03:47 AM - 3 Likes   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Ha ha Excellent...

Well, if we Pentaxians are too old for Minecraft, maybe we'd be more at home with an online CP+ inside DOOM... then folks could say Pentax is DOOMed!™ and be accurate for once
I've heard Ricoh will be including a copy of Doom in the firmware of the K3-III as an Easter egg...

(OK, I didn't really hear that... but I'm old enough that "will it run Doom?" is a measure of computer performance I remember...)

-Eric
01-27-2021, 10:45 PM   #52
Pentaxian

I thought it rather was 'but will it run FarCry ?'

02-05-2021, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

Only 20 more days until CP+ 2021 starts! Hopefully Ricoh has this camera 100% ready to be shown, demonstrated, & samples handed out to reviewers. I think we'll know every single detail about the K-3 Mark III around then like AF performance & other features that haven't really been shown or told by Ricoh. My guess is that they'll put everything in their CP+ microsite.
02-06-2021, 03:24 PM   #54

So looking at the CP+ site today. Ricoh has a page up. But not much more. Fuji for example has its Large Format camera videos etc. Something else i found... the KP Limited version with the wood handles is stopping production. This viewable on the Japan site. Yes I want My K33!
02-06-2021, 03:36 PM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Risxsoul Quote
Something else i found... the KP Limited version with the wood handles is stopping production. This viewable on the Japan site. Yes I want My K33!
Yes, @JPT; has reported that all KP production has ended. Perhaps they figure they don't need the KP now that the K-3iii will be available. I'm glad that I got my KP while they were available.
K-70 replacement model? - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com
02-07-2021, 06:42 PM   #56

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Though they don't say this in press release, they say on their web page as well as on twitter that registration will start on Jan/20.
CP+2021 CAMERA & PHOTO IMAGING SHOW 2021
Twitter
Yes I am registered, since Feb 2 i think, for CP+ 2021
02-08-2021, 08:16 AM   #57
Pentaxian

Kind of curious to stick to these events when they are online only. The date seems to lose its meaning? They could launch at any time they see fit, to a schedule completely of their chosing?

Do you think there are advantages for Pentax even when the event is online?
02-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Kind of curious to stick to these events when they are online only. The date seems to lose its meaning? They could launch at any time they see fit, to a schedule completely of their chosing?

Do you think there are advantages for Pentax even when the event is online?
I think Pentax has waited entirely too long to launch the K-3iii - users have waited entirely too long -
but it is their launch, and since I don't plan to ever get a K-3iii, I guess it is none of my concern.
02-08-2021, 07:20 PM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I think Pentax has waited entirely too long to launch the K-3iii - users have waited entirely too long -
but it is their launch, and since I don't plan to ever get a K-3iii, I guess it is none of my concern.
And if it isn't ready to purchase immediately after CP+ but rather April 2021 as has been rumoured
well...... it's getting harder and harder to be patient.
02-09-2021, 05:43 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dieseler Quote
And if it isn't ready to purchase immediately after CP+ but rather April 2021 as has been rumoured
well...... it's getting harder and harder to be patient.
Pentax knows they're a little like a soda machine at a ski resort. You may not like the conditions ($5 for a Coke?!?) but it's really hard to take off the boots and the ski clothes and go all the way out, off resort to the 7-11 to save $4 on a Coke.

When you have a big pile of Pentax lenses and stuff you'll probably wait a few more weeks.