Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
03-05-2021, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I find your second sentence completely unrealistic. Pentax have always camera projects in progress. Or is their camera developing team unemployed?
They're playing janken* on which camera project will be next

* what we know as rock-scissors-paper

03-05-2021, 05:13 AM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lemono Quote
Sigma and Ricoh have that new full frame sensor.Nikon has no money for that new full frame sensor.Ricoh and Sigma have exclusive period.Sigma has held the new sensor for half a year, and still have half a year exclusive period.
That's what Sony employees told me.
Provided this is true, it means that Pentax can have a 60mp FF camera a year from now. This seems to in conflict with the notion that Pentax have no camera projects in progress....

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 03-05-2021 at 09:37 AM.
03-05-2021, 05:23 AM - 1 Like   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Providing this is true, it means that Pentax can have a 60mp FF camera a year from now. This seems to in conflict with the notion that Pentax have no camera projects in progress....
"In progress" might mean "actively worked on to bring to production". The camera might well have the component list and specs already drafted. The pentaprism of the K-3iii might already be worked on to adjust for FF, the new mirror/shutter assemblies might be being tested, etc.

Once the basic building blocks are sorted out "the camera" can go from design to prototype fairly quickly - seeing as the AF system will likely be the K-3iii's one (therefore not needing major work), the electronics will also probably be lifted from the same camera, etc... I wouldn't worry.
03-05-2021, 06:08 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is interesting. I was bummered by the new rumour/news flash at first. This does make sense that Ooku also implied in other thread that next K-1 model would have 61 MP and there was reason for that too. Unless OoKu is Lemono or other way around, 2 with similar thoughts make it more plausible. I'm all down for waiting for new K-1, since I can't probably resist K-3III or can I?

I can also understand that 645Z successor was terminated. Probably no IBIS and GFX100s already made a big splash and they(ricoh) will probably want to see how that will float.

Interesting times!

---------- Post added 03-05-21 at 15:09 ----------

Providing this is true, it means that Pentax can have a 60mp FF camera a year from now. This seems to in conflict with the notion that Pentax have no camera projects in progress....
Actually 6 months, if 6 months has been already used by Sigma with their exclusive 1 year tryout period.

03-05-2021, 06:21 AM   #125

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UlrichSchiegg Quote
Mr. Lemono is the new rumour star. Congratulation.
[...] No, I just hope to share some more accurate information I get with more Pentax users in this chaotic period.
If the information I get is not accurate or has no more details, I will choose to wait instead of post it.
And my English is not well,very dependent on translation machines.
I am sure you just boosted a thread that turned into a discussion without much content into the sky.
03-05-2021, 06:26 AM   #126
Pentaxian

lemono, do you know anything about the new lenses maybe? What's in the development besides the 16-50 and 21 limited?
03-05-2021, 06:44 AM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
"In progress" might mean "actively worked on to bring to production".
I don't think anyone believes that is the case anyway. Releasing an FF body immediately after the K3III is probably not on anyone's high-probability list.....

03-05-2021, 06:52 AM   #128

My bet is the k70 and KP will be merged and updated with tech from the K3iii and then the K1ii will get updated next.
03-05-2021, 07:00 AM - 3 Likes   #129

I think the translation machine can not express my meaning very well.The new full frame sensor will have to wait half a year.
When I used Ricoh to get the news of the new sensor and asked if the full frame camera had started, the answer was No, still no project about it.
Now, Ricoh now has sensors cover APSC, full frame(after half a year), 44x33, but still no information can show us what is next camera.It can be confirmed that the full frame camera project has not started yet.
So, that's all I know. My guess is K-90, but it could also be K-1III. And the status may soon be changed in just a few weeks. It's like new 645 camera was suddenly suspended.

---------- Post added 03-05-21 at 07:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
lemono, do you know anything about the new lenses maybe? What's in the development besides the 16-50 and 21 limited?
DA*16-50plm already on the way.DFA21 have some minor problems, but I can not get more details about "problems", although I repeated inquiries.The confidentiality of dfa21 is much higher than I expected.
The information about dfa21 comes from photographers close to Ricoh.
03-05-2021, 09:23 AM   #130
Pentaxian

When the k3III goes on sale, Ricoh will not get the full frame sensor. Unless Ricoh deliberately shut down for a while to wait for a new sensor, the new full frame camera will appear later than the successor of K-70. And new 645 camera of originally scheduled for release this year, has actually been discontinued. The impact of gfx100s on Ricoh is too big. Ricoh has to readjust their plan.
Of course, it is also possible that the successors of K-70 and K-1 will develop at the same time and release them in diferrent time.(K-70 and K-1 were release in the same year)
Is the K70 EOL'ed ?
We know the KP is, hence, the KP may be replaced before the K70 (if it is replaced at all).
03-05-2021, 09:47 AM - 2 Likes   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Is the K70 EOL'ed ?
We know the KP is, hence, the KP may be replaced before the K70 (if it is replaced at all).
Or the product lines get consolidated into one entry-level camera (KP-level construction, K-70 features and body?).
03-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #132
Loyal Site Supporter

I am certainly hoping this news about a 645Z successor is not true, and that the next FF camera also comes sooner that what seems to be indicated here.
03-05-2021, 12:46 PM   #133
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I am certainly hoping this news about a 645Z successor is not true, and that the next FF camera also comes sooner that what seems to be indicated here.
Ricoh/Pentax has shown real reluctance to talk about the '645Z' for the past few years, so they may be very ambivalent about continuing it - especially now that the K-1ii has "dynamic pixel shift".
03-05-2021, 01:56 PM   #134
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I can also understand that 645Z successor was terminated. Probably no IBIS and GFX100s already made a big splash and they(ricoh) will probably want to see how that will float.

Interesting times!
Yes, the FUJIFILM GFX 100S is an amazing camera!
03-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #135
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Ricoh/Pentax has shown real reluctance to talk about the '645Z' for the past few years, so they may be very ambivalent about continuing it - especially now that the K-1ii has "dynamic pixel shift".
Well. Ricoh could have a reason for not investing in 645z. With a Pentax K1 , good glass and pixel shift (or SR, depending on cases) is still smaller and cheaper than a 645z kit, and in many cases deliver images as good or better.