and the 30% faster and more dampened mirror assembly
12-11-2020, 05:04 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by torge Quote
Indeed. Let's say it's all about the total sensory experience of taking the shot
12-11-2020, 05:17 AM - 2 Likes   #4

This highlights the innovation, care and effort going into the design and engineering of the product. It certainly fuels my interest in the final product.

12-11-2020, 05:21 AM - 3 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometimes it's easy to believe that they're designing cameras out of a sheer love of photography and the photographic process - but the price starts to be more understandable as well
12-11-2020, 05:45 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Cool. The phenomenology of a shutter button.
12-11-2020, 05:48 AM - 3 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Cool. The phenomenology of a shutter button.
It's interesting that they even had to alter the shutter button.
That should give the "just put these components together and you'll get a ground-breaking camera! And quickly, too!" guys pause.

12-11-2020, 06:00 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

I just hope they're testing out all these innovations in a prototype full frame (and 645?) camera simultaneously, so we don't have to wait for eons for it to appear! OTOH, I have just started to scratch the possibilities of my K-1 mkII, so I'm not really in the target group for new camera bodies for a couple of years. But when the DFA 21 limited arrives, my savings account lives dangerously
12-11-2020, 06:00 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by torge Quote
This looks like a good thing for what is - to me - one of the more significant shortcomings of DSLRs - a mass of glass moving at breakneck speed inside the case, wreaking havoc on my poor hand-holding skills
12-11-2020, 06:08 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Attention to detail, that the new moto at Ricoh Pentax. Need to for charging higher price.
12-11-2020, 06:09 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's interesting that they even had to alter the shutter button.
That should give the "just put these components together and you'll get a ground-breaking camera! And quickly, too!" guys pause.
If there is still someone who think it is ’just’ a update, they are wrong. Motorized mirror, not just dampening system, but a whole action. With improved Leafshutter system. Which should make it very steady, when it comes to mirror ’slap’ shake.

Smooth and efficient. I also hope these improvements does follow to K-1 3 too.
12-11-2020, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
If there is still someone who think it is ’just’ a update, they are wrong. Motorized mirror, not just dampening system, but a whole action. With improved Leafshutter system. Which should make it very steady, when it comes to mirror ’slap’ shake.

Smooth and efficient. I also hope these improvements does follow to K-1 3 too.
If it is truly well dampened to the point that mirror induced shake effects on IQ are negligible the only lead that MILCs will have in IQ is in terms of AF precision.
12-11-2020, 06:19 AM - 14 Likes   #13
Pentaxian

There's something really beautiful about Pentax striving to achieve the pinnacle of SLR technology while everybody else run away from it.
12-11-2020, 06:30 AM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
There's something really beautiful about Pentax striving to achieve the pinnacle of SLR technology while everybody else run away from it.
I think the intention here is to design a sort of "last of a lifetime camera". It makes sense in a declining market and if you believe you may be selling the same model for quite some time.

---------- Post added 12-11-20 at 06:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by someasiancameraguy Quote
If it is truly well dampened to the point that mirror induced shake effects on IQ are negligible the only lead that MILCs will have in IQ is in terms of AF precision.
There's an irony to that statement, in that the advantage in AF precision will be most noticeable with large lenses, somewhat negating the notion of MILC providing a more compact system.

Or put another way, if in order to realise the benefits of a system, you need to increase the size and weight of one of the components, then size and weight reduction can't be reasonably assumed to have been the original objective - to any rational mind, at least.
12-11-2020, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I have to agree and hope they don't experience any set-backs when they finally roll out this all new machine