Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
RaduA

No FF from Pentax but it is 3000 Euro

TeKaDe - Deutschlands und Österreichs Pentax Shop Nr. 1 - Pentax K-m Crystal-Kit mit DA L 18-55 Pen_K-m mit Swarovski Kristallen veredelt, Limited Edition

Hurry up, it's a limited edition

Regards,
Radu

11-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'll take a dozen please....
11-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
Syb
Site Supporter

From a distance, this reminds me of the fungus thread. Ouch....
11-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Interesting! They did actually make 150 units of that model. Might signalize more niche models/limited editions from Pentax in the future. I already have the K10D GP with brown leather and gold lettering. I wonder what nice limited editions we'll see of the K30D next year?

11-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #5

I know Pentax had the ladies in mind when they designed the K2000 in the first place but this is something else.

How ever, this may not be as stupid as it looks. Despite my taste in these things, if one of these cameras happen to fall into the hands of the windswept and interesting rich and famous, then it may cause a trend.

These are the sort of items that certain celebrities are gifted with by companies in order to spark a trend. Product placement is more than just movie and tv sets.

Just like high priced, low on features mobile phones that are must have fashion items, it could cause a sensation in the right hands. Sufficiently 'exclusive' for the A-lister.

Causing the average girl to look at the standard model K2000 to fall into line.

What other dSLR can you think of that could go well with a lady's handbag?

HP computers are doing the same thing with Vivienne Tam designed laptops.

Last edited by Livewireshock; 11-14-2008 at 07:41 AM.
11-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Livewireshock Quote

I hope for a more masculine limited edition K30D!
11-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Interesting! They did actually make 150 units of that model. Might signalize more niche models/limited editions from Pentax in the future. I already have the K10D GP with brown leather and gold lettering. I wonder what nice limited editions we'll see of the K30D next year?
Make that K20D and make it sooner than you think

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
From a distance, this reminds me of the fungus thread. Ouch....
You don't have to buy it, I don't have to buy it but if it sells then someone is buying it. Maybe Ben?

QuoteOriginally posted by Livewireshock Quote
I know Pentax had the ladies in mind when they designed the K2000 in the first place but this is something else.

How ever, this may not be as stupid as it looks. Despite my taste in these things, if one of these cameras happen to fall into the hands of the windswept and interesting rich and famous, then it may cause a trend.

These are the sort of items that certain celebrities are gifted with by companies in order to spark a trend. Product placement is more than just movie and tv sets.

Just like high priced, low on features mobile phones that are must have fashion items, it could cause a sensation in the right hands. Sufficiently 'exclusive' for the A-lister.

I agree 100% with what you said we can't blame Pentax marketing if they don't do anything and still blame them if they do but not what we like. This Limited Edition has LOTS of chances to be featured in various magazines for example and rise Pentax' brand awareness and perceived value for many women. In the end can one buy ANY Nikon or Canon like this if she/he wants? Nope!

Regards,
Radu
11-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Must feel great when you hold the camera with all those crystal poking on your hand

11-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
Must feel great when you hold the camera with all those crystal poking on your hand
As any woman (or man who has played one in the theatre) could tell you, fashion is pain. Why do you think high heels still exist?

Still, I agree with the viewpoint that the camera is sufficiently "limited" that it may cause a trend/marketing sensation. I would not complain if it did.
11-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #10

I could see Britiney Spears with one of those next to her excuse of a dog in her hand bag

Last edited by Fototim; 11-14-2008 at 04:20 PM.
11-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #11
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I hope for a more masculine limited edition K30D!
You mean one with a pen*is, I wouldnt like that one neither.