Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2020, 09:51 AM - 7 Likes   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
In this day and age to come out with a flagship Aps-c camera and not have an articulating screen doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
We've heard this a lot (read: every thread on the K-3 III has had at least one commenter who is upset at the lack of an articulating screen). Maybe it doesn't make sense, but to me it is just nice to see a new camera with improved features and performance coming out from Pentax.

If Pentax had released a K3 II with an accelerator and an articulating screen, I would be pretty "meh" about it. Having a camera that improves frame rates, video quality, and optical viewfinder, even without a GPS or articulating screen shows progress.

At least to my way of thinking.

12-22-2020, 09:55 AM - 5 Likes   #32
mee
Veteran Member

Yes it has a lot of nice upgrades, but yes it's also missing an articulating screen that would have been super helpful to many.

We don't need to battle the viewpoints we don't like, just because we don't hold them.
12-22-2020, 09:59 AM - 4 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

An interview of Shigeru Wakashiro

In Japanese but they show the touch screen (from 6:50) and other specs.
12-22-2020, 09:59 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
If Pentax had released a K3 II with an accelerator and an articulating screen, I would be pretty "meh" about it.
And I would have bought it. For you it's not necessary. For me a deal breaker. Two Pentax customers, one gone. Between the two of us, Pentax lost half their customers.

12-22-2020, 10:05 AM - 4 Likes   #35
mee
Veteran Member

The autotranslate is fun "Of course, it might be an auto, but it's just furniture, so that's right, but a little dog 4 Let's do it ourselves"
12-22-2020, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If Pentax had released a K3 II with an accelerator and an articulating screen, I would be pretty "meh" about it. Having a camera that improves frame rates, video quality, and optical viewfinder, even without a GPS or articulating screen shows progress.

At least to my way of thinking.
I don't think it has to be either/or. The K-3iii is 4mm thinner than the K-3ii. Would you have been alright with this K-3iii, just with those 4mm put into an articulating screen and, maybe, $50 more?

On topic:

a) is that a gunmetal body? It looks more grey than black, it's gorgeous.
b) GOSH THAT SHUTTER . Loving it. The buffer seems to empty quickly, I counted three 10-shot bursts so this is probably very exciting for our birders!
12-22-2020, 10:42 AM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by River Rat Quote
Maybe someone can translate the meanings but I noticed one of the menu screens has a line tagged GPS.
Like on my K-3?

Steve

12-22-2020, 10:45 AM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

In this day and age to come out with a flagship Aps-c camera and not have an articulating screen doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Have faith! It will be there by the time it is delivered!

Steve

(Add-on special order option?)
12-22-2020, 10:49 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
"Face Priority AE" is huge (and not in the K-1 AFAIK) - exposing explicitly for detected faces would be amazing...
Will it have options for pasty pale, light, medium, dark, and v. dark?

Steve
12-22-2020, 10:49 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
This is useful information. Is "Face Priority AE" something new? [...]
If you can set it as selection for the AF / face detection control, it would be new in a Pentax camera. The KP doesn't have it.

Nikon with the 3d-tracking has it on the advanced cameras.

D6 TIPS - Sports AF: Autofocus Basics | Technical Solutions | Nikon Professional Services
12-22-2020, 10:50 AM - 2 Likes   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am a little surprised that there is no built in GPS or astrotracer. I know that has been assumed for some time but I was still hoping. That kills it for me unfortunately. Seems like it will be an awesome camera though.
12-22-2020, 10:51 AM   #42
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Top tier AF?

Steve
12-22-2020, 10:57 AM - 5 Likes   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still trying to understand why. It’s a beautiful camera. Why limit the users? Was it such a design throw back?
12-22-2020, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
And I would have bought it. For you it's not necessary. For me a deal breaker. Two Pentax customers, one gone. Between the two of us, Pentax lost half their customers.
+1

(and plus one!)

Philip
12-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Delighted to see 2021 CP+ advanced retransmission
Closed Thread