Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 751 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2020, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #271
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I’m going to go mostly primes +70-200 with K-1 line and 11-18, 16-50 + 10-17 with K-33 and 55-300, and...

Last edited by repaap; 12-24-2020 at 02:43 PM.
12-24-2020, 02:54 PM - 2 Likes   #272
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I’m curious to know more about what’s behind that Smartphone Link part of the menu.
They will get me if it has a "find my phone" function.... I lose my phone for days at a time....
12-24-2020, 03:15 PM - 2 Likes   #273
Pentaxian

I think the K1 iii will pack a lot of the new tech and will be a monster of a camera.
12-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #274
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by shyrsio Quote
I think the K1 iii will pack a lot of the new tech and will be a monster of a camera.
Same. And that I won't have to wait too much for it.

12-24-2020, 03:32 PM   #275
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by shyrsio Quote
K1 III ???? - this is a K3 III thread!!!
12-24-2020, 03:45 PM - 3 Likes   #276
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Normhead has said he has no reason to purchase the new camera; the K-1 and K-3 are enough for him;
the KP is enough for me.

The K-3iii is for those who have been complaining for several years about having no replacement for the K-3.
Now there is one.
The K-3 has no "flippy" LCD or GPS either.
I know, I have a K3, and despite these glaring omissions (joke) I seem to manage to be honest, my K3 and KP are different beasties but I enjoy them equally for all the things they do really well.

---------- Post added 12-24-20 at 03:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
Oh puhleeease! ‘Art of photography’ as defined by whom?
Was that attitude really necessary!

In answer to your oh so polite question, the Tate gallery defines the art of Photography as the process or practice of creating a photograph. In each update, Pentax have emphasized the areas of the new camera that have been worked on, purely to improve "..the process or practice of creating a photograph". And by " Art", I am not referring to the finished image but rather "a skill at doing a specified thing, typically one acquired through practice."
12-24-2020, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #277
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
They will get me if it has a "find my phone" function.... I lose my phone for days at a time....
Phones have cameras but it seems what you need is a camera with a phone. Perhaps have a word with Pentax-Ricoh about including a sim-card slot in their next upgrade DSLR.

12-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #278
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by torge Quote
sweet, video SR is back?
It never went away, though some years back, it went from using the sensor's SR system in favor of electronic SR. IIRC, there is no indication that will change with the K-3III.

Steve
12-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #279
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by torge Quote
are there any reports of AF.C capabilities yet?
No field reviews yet.

Steve
12-24-2020, 06:11 PM - 3 Likes   #280
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jswilson64 Quote
Some of y'all may be surprised by this, but people took macro photos for decades before cameras had any LCD screens at all. It's still possible to take outstanding photos without a flippy screen, and acting as if it's suddenly impossible to shoot on the ground without one is disingenuous and insulting to the generations of photographers who have done so.

Show us your fantastic non-flippy images

Show us you're more than just a blowhard with a big mouth. If you haven't done the work, maybe leave this kind of comment to those who have. The fact that people struggled with stuff in the past is no reason to keep struggling when it's no longer necessary. I suspect you haven't struggled, because you've done nothing that would make use of a flippy screen. Just some guy sticking his nose into someone else's business, with attitude and ignorance. By the way, my K-1 with the flippy screen is very similar to the Twin lens reflex I learned on 60 years ago.. I've always thought a waste level viewfinder was a wonderful thing. As an old guy who's done it all with everything, I'm right at home with the flippy screen.

I can see no evidence you've ever taken a picture that would have made use of the flippy screen, yet here you are the self proclaimed expert.

Last edited by normhead; 12-24-2020 at 06:42 PM.
12-24-2020, 06:17 PM - 4 Likes   #281
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It never went away, though some years back, it went from using the sensor's SR system in favor of electronic SR. IIRC, there is no indication that will change with the K-3III.

Steve
In this video (3:15 mark) Albert tells us that the mechanical SR for video is back.

12-24-2020, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #282
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
You answered all your own questions here.

So why, if you have no intention or interest in buying this camera, are you popping up in this thread, an bashing the Pentax brand.
Expressing my disappointment. Given the numbers of times I've been branded a Pentax fanboy.....
I guess this thread is just for prospective purchasers.
Why is important, why not? isn't I get it.

And as for bashing the brand... biggest joke of the day. They made a mistake, that's all. I'll wait until they correct it in K-3iii 0.1.

Last edited by normhead; 12-24-2020 at 06:44 PM.
12-24-2020, 06:40 PM   #283
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by simsburyphoto Quote
I would love to see Ricoh update the AF-201 FG flash to allow it to be master/controller for wireless flash and include it in a package with the new K3 iii. For what the camera is rumored to cost it would be great if they included this updated flash.
Highly unlikely. The ability to act as optical master/controller/slave has never been offered in a low-end Pentax flash and never in a compact flash regardless of brand. I'm pretty sure that the Metz 44 AF2 is the least expensive option for optical wireless P-TTL at present. Alternatively use RF wireless P-TTL with Godox/Flashpoint.

Steve
12-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #284
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Expressing my disappointment. Given the numbers of times I've been branded a Pentax fanboy.....
I might be guilty of branding you a Pentax fanboy.

Anyone accusing you of "bashing the Pentax brand" has not been paying attention... for years.
12-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #285
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
embedding the aperture value "allows for use of additional shooting modes." I wonder what this means?
Av? TAv?

Steve
Closed Thread