Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 751 Likes Search this Thread
01-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #676
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
snipe or to score points,
$niping is $ubjective...$scoring Point$ too!

01-10-2021, 02:24 PM   #677
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
The one you responded to, however, was yet another strawman on the situation .
He might have been joking as well

01-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #678
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
He might have been joking as well
It is dangerous to launch a joke in wrong time. And in wrong thread.
01-10-2021, 02:55 PM - 2 Likes   #679
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
$niping is $ubjective...$scoring Point$ too!
Aaah, get outta here!

01-10-2021, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #680
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
As someone who doesn't really care less whether the new camera has a flippy screen or not I still see there are the usual childish attempts at point scoring from both sides on this thread. I also notice the people who wanted one have more or less accepted that it isn't happening while the other camp continue to snipe.
I saw nothing of the sort in what was posted by BigMackCam, if that is what you were responding to, it was a good natured post. I hope the post by the OP was a good natured post as well, but since he didn't follow his post with any sort of smiley face emoji it was hard to tell if he was actually serious. I concluded that the OP's post was in jest too....... but nowadays who knows.
01-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #681

Photos: Albums
Nowadays? I haven't taken the Internet seriously since the days of Usenet groups.

What some see as "scoring points" other see as "poking fun at ridiculousness."

Here's a smiley so folks can know:
01-10-2021, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #682
mee
Veteran Member

Too much mocking tone here being cleverly masked as humor. Of course anyone can come back and claim they were trying to inject humor to cover their behinds to avoid offense. Maybe they were and maybe they werent. But the back and forth from 'sides' is getting tiring to see on this flip screen debate.

Of course we have cliques here who back each other. That's fine (it is what it is). But if we could all stop trying to mock either other that would be great.

I've been thinking back at the things said on here (including by myself) and I'm not all pleased with it. A large portion of it wouldn't be said in person, I'm convinced. I think we've largely lost civility yet don't realize it. I'm sure someone will be around to form an apologetic for this poor behavior soon. But it's there. Let's not forget there is a person at the end of the keyboard.

01-10-2021, 03:35 PM   #683
Pentaxian

It will be interesting to see if Pentax has taken any measures to stop the grisly sensor flaring you consistently get on current Nikon, Sony, Fuji products when shooting high key photos, with the sun in the background etc.

Considering the price of the Z7II combo used here, the results are butt ugly:
https://1.img-dpreview.com/files/p/TS1200x900~sample_galleries/9134434139/5017194410.jpg

Also here are some grim results for a heck of a lot of $ony money (the K-3III will be cheap compared to that):
Terrible sensor flaring with a7Riv: Sony Alpha Full Frame E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Side effects of Mirrorless on sensor phase detect autofocus - Photography Gear and Technique - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

These types of problems Pentaxians so far did not have to worry about.

Causing this are the PDAF pixels on non-Canon-mirrorless aimed sensors.

Obviously this depends on shooting styles (as absolutely everything), but those who use these styles and the people who care for lenses' "starburst shapes" are probably the ones who will care.
01-10-2021, 03:40 PM   #684
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To be honest. Trolls are awake all the time. And that is just what it is. Some of them are clever too.

I’m not a troll. Let us say that this flippy thing is getting me too. Not just because of for what it is, but also all of what is going around it, making it look bigger and more important than it actually is. Now this is purely about the thing around the fact that all of us know.

Brings me back to my youth and time when buperty did show up on my face. And everyone else too. It is obvious, it is there. Now do everyone have to launch their opinion and the fact that their eyes are still working out there. You know, to build up the guy. Haha! To be honest, no harm was done and some of that was returned.

So, question is. Why.

Take care!
01-10-2021, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #685
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
It will be interesting to see if Pentax has taken any measures to stop the grisly sensor flaring you consistently get on current Nikon, Sony, Fuji products when shooting high key photos, with the sun in the background etc.

Considering the price of the Z7II combo used here, the results are butt ugly:
https://1.img-dpreview.com/files/p/TS1200x900~sample_galleries/9134434139/5017194410.jpg

Also here are some grim results for a heck of a lot of $ony money (the K-3III will be cheap compared to that):
Terrible sensor flaring with a7Riv: Sony Alpha Full Frame E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Side effects of Mirrorless on sensor phase detect autofocus - Photography Gear and Technique - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

These types of problems Pentaxians so far did not have to worry about.

Causing this are the PDAF pixels on non-Canon-mirrorless aimed sensors.

Obviously this depends on shooting styles (as absolutely everything), but those who use these styles and the people who care for lenses' "starburst shapes" are probably the ones who will care.
As always, there are advantages and disadvantages to every technology, and every implementation of every technology. You can please some of the people some of the time, perhaps even all of the time, but you can't please all of them all the time. It appears there's a lot to like in the K-3III for those whose specs and features it suits. I'm looking forward to the reviews - especially those from members here who buy the camera because, on paper at least, it suits them.

Not long to wait now
01-10-2021, 03:44 PM - 3 Likes   #686
Loyal Site Supporter

This thread has nearly outlived its usefulness with the launch right around the corner. Preparing to close this one in preparation for discussion of the camera after the official release.
01-10-2021, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #687
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
This thread has nearly outlived its usefulness with the launch right around the corner. Preparing to close this one in preparation for discussion of the camera after the official release.
It outlived its usefulness about two weeks ago if you ask me
01-10-2021, 03:53 PM   #688
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
This thread has nearly outlived its usefulness
So its got a couple of months still in it!
01-10-2021, 04:04 PM   #689
Veteran Member

Fwiw.... I've just been shopping for a new TV .... we have a very bright room..... lots of daytime reflections etc etc.... maybe 8 years ago we replaced a very good plasma with a LCD because of the room brightness.... the new high end sets available now are so much better (then the 8yo led one) at handling reflections, are brighter, higher res off course and have much better of axis viewing.... so it has given me pause to think that a flippy screen (for some) might be needed even less then 5 years ago given the newer screen tech.... and I'm not suggesting some don't require significant screen articulation.... just that the fixed screen should be a LOT better then we are use to.
01-10-2021, 04:05 PM - 1 Like   #690
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
$ony money
Those Sony$ cost a bit!

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Aaah, get outta here!
Closed Thread