Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2020, 01:30 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh my yes. I did not think that I would be interested, but my K1 may just get a companion!

12-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I saw this video. Very informative and well done. I subscribed to his channel after the video ended. I can honestly get by very well without the flip screen or the GPS. I haven't missed it much with the K-3II and I haven't used the GPS very much at all. If the camera didn't have video, it also wouldn't have affected me.
12-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I hope so!

---------- Post added 12-26-20 at 07:06 AM ----------

Writing smaller files to the card it should,Ive used that crop mode a long time ago, so can't remember.
You would think so.
12-25-2020, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
It's my best guess that you will somehow survive this catastrophe.
I don't know about that he may need intervention!!

12-25-2020, 02:29 PM - 3 Likes   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I don't know about that he may need intervention!!
Thats about half the people posting about this camera.
12-25-2020, 03:15 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Thats about half the people posting about this camera.
So very true, it's hard for me to understand all the carping when we really know very little about the camera. But, what has been released indicates to me that this is going to be one hell of a fine photographic instrument!
12-25-2020, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #22
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Just don't anyone mention lack of in-camera GPS...

Doh!!

---

Seriously, it looks like it's a killer crop body. If the features it doesn't have outweigh those it does - and the specifications - in some folks' minds, I really don't think they need the K-3III in the first place...

12-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Just don't anyone mention lack of in-camera GPS...

Doh!!

---

Seriously, it looks like it's a killer crop body. If the features it doesn't have outweigh those it does - and the specifications - in some folks' minds, I really don't think they need the K-3III in the first place...
Now you've started it! So true but some folks just have that need to complain.........about something, so why not a new camera they had no intention of buying.
12-25-2020, 03:29 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So I guess the AF-H people were talking about is AF hold while in AF-C...

It seems to have a duration associated with it, so I wonder if that is how long the camera holds focus on a point before resuming active focus...

-Eric
12-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
So I guess the AF-H people were talking about is AF hold while in AF-C...

It seems to have a duration associated with it, so I wonder if that is how long the camera holds focus on a point before resuming active focus...

-Eric
We'll just have to wait and see.
12-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #26
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Did you notice the video stabilisation?

---------- Post added 12-26-20 at 06:01 AM ----------

At last, some hope
12-25-2020, 03:36 PM   #27
Imp
Pentaxian

Waiting for people to dissect the footage of the menu some more to see if there's anything interesting in there
I started doing it but couldn't keep my attention. sure someone else can though!
12-25-2020, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That feature is a bit of a puzzle. Does crop mode on the K-1 increase buffer size?

Steve
I thought the folks who tested the K1 said that crop mode did not improve the buffer because the entire image was still captured in RAW.
So it might help the buffer on the K1 for jpegs, but I think that’s nearly unlimited anyway, isn’t it?

I’m going to guess that the K3 iii does not behave that way.
It also has a 1.3x crop mode of its own, which makes no sense unless there’s a physics-defying 4/3 - K adapter that is being introduced at the same time...
... or unless it is a high speed crop mode for spots and such like some other brands have had that would extend the buffer...

I’m happy to see hardware stabilization in video with 4K... cool...

Makes me excited for the KP-2

-Eric
12-25-2020, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

This is an important update for the system in general. I think we will see this new interface and touchscreen in the other models to come, which is a great thing.
12-25-2020, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
It also has a 1.3x crop mode of its own, which makes no sense unless there’s a physics-defying 4/3 - K adapter that is being introduced at the same time...
... or unless it is a high speed crop mode for spots and such like some other brands have had that would extend the buffer...

-Eric
I'm not a tele shooter, but a 150-450 mm Telezoom would give you the equivalent FOV of a 1080 mm FF lens on a K-1 (if my math is correct) while still retaining 16 Mp.
You could capture the little bird that lit down on Henry Lee without being caught.
Closed Thread