Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 535 Likes Search this Thread
12-25-2020, 07:38 PM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

This is the 4 thread of the same video!!!!!

12-25-2020, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
4K 30fps video, and the ability to record EXIF information when shooting non-electrically coupled lenses are 2 important new features for my type of photography.

I would like to hear more details on it's "pixel shift". Not getting any "detailed" information on it I'm assuming that it's probably the same type of pixel shift that other Pentax models currently have (bit of a disappointment here).

Also, this video confirms that the back LCD screen does not move - a definite deal breaker for me (I refuse to lay on my belly any more for the many low angle shots that I make - can you say "Fire Ants"?).
12-25-2020, 08:16 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
4K 30fps video, and the ability to record EXIF information when shooting non-electrically coupled lenses are 2 important new features for my type of photography.

I would like to hear more details on it's "pixel shift". Not getting any "detailed" information on it I'm assuming that it's probably the same type of pixel shift that other Pentax models currently have (bit of a disappointment here).

Also, this video confirms that the back LCD screen does not move - a definite deal breaker for me (I refuse to lay on my belly any more for the many low angle shots that I make - can you say "Fire Ants"?).
We have known for several weeks that back LCD screen does not move.
In most cases, if you can see a “flipped” screen, you be able to see enough of the screen at an angle to frame a photo.
Most things in the dirt don’t need a long burst - you should be able to use a KP and change batteries/SD occasionally.
12-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #49
Pentaxian

The K-3 MkIII certainly has the potential to be a significant advance over my K-5. Maybe when I reach the 10-year anniversary of my purchasing that camera...

12-25-2020, 09:54 PM - 2 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Just don't anyone mention lack of in-camera GPS...

Doh!!

---

Seriously, it looks like it's a killer crop body. If the features it doesn't have outweigh those it does - and the specifications - in some folks' minds, I really don't think they need the K-3III in the first place...
GPS seems to be like the word "ni" for some Pentaxians...

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 12-30-2020 at 03:35 PM.
12-25-2020, 11:31 PM - 2 Likes   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What, no articulated flippy screen? I’m outraged. ����
12-26-2020, 12:01 AM - 2 Likes   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bedisaab Quote
As others said let's wait when the camera comes out to know it's real price. And I get that even though I can sense it's going to be way-overpriced as well considering it's previous releases.

What I am sensing here, most of the people here are retired who have plenty of money to burn. But I am a working low middle-class who wants to have full worth of his money. Being a customer, it's my right to complain what I feel is not justified in a market-economy.
You don't even know what the camera is worth.
There are plenty of lower priced Pentax cameras for you as alternatives. KP/K70?
This camera is the flagship aps-c for Pentax. How much do rival companies charge for their flagship?
You assume they won't bring out a lower specs more affordable camera in the future.
It must be a huge coincidence that your post virtually mirrors what Li had to say yesterday.
The phrase 'Hurt Pentaxian' has been used by him/you recently too.

I am not hurt. I am more than happy to pay top dollar for industry leading products.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 12-26-2020 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Clean-up in aisle 7
12-26-2020, 12:22 AM - 1 Like   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am just an honest straight forward man who does not live in any la la land and calls spade well the spade.
I understand you are Pentaxian so you are hurt but I have only Pentax gear as well I don't get hurt when the company indulges into mal-practices or going towards the wrong direction. It is what it is. You don't have to live in any echo-chamber to listen whatever pleases your ears. There is also a thing called brain right between them.

I have also noticed not many people here don't appreciate him because he is honest maybe I don't know. If you have anything against him make a video and prove him wrong. If you cannot prove him wrong then appreciate him for being right.
The only conclusion that cameraville can come to is his copy is not as sharp. A zoom lense is a complicated piece of equipment and there could be an element out of alignment if the lense was subjected to extreme impact, this I know from personal experience as I received a da* 50-135 with broken bits of glass inside the lense even though there appears no damage on the outside. Also Pentax is unlikely to employ idiots in their marketing department. They can't go broke if they make a profit.
12-26-2020, 01:14 AM - 15 Likes   #54
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Why Pentax becoming out of pockets now?

Only reason I had bought K-1 was it was offering better technology at reasonable prices. But now it has started offering below par products at exorbitant rates.
How do you conclude the K-3III is "below par"? If you mean it's lacking one or more specifications or features you feel it should (must?) have, then the camera's simply not for you (and that's OK). If you're referring to the quality of the item, all indications - including the comments in this hands-on video - suggest it's a premium quality camera.

Below par? Certainly not. Below your "par", perhaps, but not mine.

This camera is supposedly within $2200-$2800 offering nothing jaw-dropping. Last released lens are also way overpriced.

Middle class people like me are being left with no option but switch to other systems which are becoming more eye-catching. IDK...
You'd prefer Ricoh make premium cameras and sell them at prices that you can afford... I see. Perhaps it would be fairer if it priced them such that everyone, regardless of class and financial status, could afford them? No... no, no... wait... Some folks can barely afford to eat and have no place to call home... Maybe Ricoh should just give cameras away for free so that everyone, no matter what they can or can't afford, can have one. That would be fairest, yes?

I'm being facetious, of course, but this has nothing to do with socio-economic class. It's just a manufacturer building a premium product with the intention of making it a profitable enterprise. Whatever the release price, supply and demand will, in time, define the price at which sufficient quantities sell for this to be profitable for Ricoh. It's not a matter of class, it's just business. If you can't afford the camera, or you can't justify the expense, don't buy it. You already have a K-1 - you're more fortunate than the majority of amateur photographers. There are folks here shooting older entry-level cameras that would crawl over broken glass for a K-1.

I suppose I'm what you might call "middle class" (though I tend not to think in such terms). I can afford the K-3III (i.e. I could pull together the funds to buy one), but I can't justify it at this point. One day, though, perhaps. Either way, I'm not switching to another system. If you're tempted to, go right ahead. I don't need to know about it, but I certainly wish you well...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-26-2020 at 01:46 AM.
12-26-2020, 01:21 AM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This camera is supposedly within $2200-$2800 offering nothing jaw-dropping.
It could be a jaw dropping camera!

The JAPanese price was indicated to be high 200k yen but the prices there are always higher than U$ prices.You may get a pleasant surprise ?

The price statement was near the start of this year which has been far from normal,Ricoh will have observed what other camera makers are charging for their product and may have altered their ideas on what price to release at.There are some very high level camera bodies available now,so they have to be competitive.
12-26-2020, 02:09 AM - 3 Likes   #56
Pentaxian

If I see this camera being sold as preorder here at Finland(expensive country) for 2000€, even a bit less. I do highly doubt that it will be more than 2000$. It should be less.

This kind a talk is just to scare off people intentionally to say that itis too expensive for what it is, even before we know what is waiting for us. It becomes the kraken for sailors before they leave the harbor.

As we have actually seen so far this kind of things begin to arrive, like a proper info of delightful things they’v added for us. Ricoh has listened requests. And they stated that this very camera K-33 will be most advanced and also more expensive than pentaxians are used to. We have already seen why. And we don’t even know all of it yet.

Look, Ricoh really want to put this product and most of recent releases up there where some of us(me included) wanted it to be for yrs. And they are going full on. Budget things will follow, but it is time to make the best what they can. It does take time thou to make product like DFA 85(brought up at here) which is not the cheapest, but is one of very best in it’s class.

K-33, which is by far the best Pentax camera in it’s class so far with it’s very innovative and also superb shutter mechanism and bright OVF. Not to forget that AF system, which all of us are eager to see how it will actually perform. Nothing jaw dropping? Really? Mechanical 12 fps which will quaranteen no problems with jello effect brought with electronical shutter. Motorised mirror to give us smoother mirror’slap’.

And then there is that mechanical SR for video. Also you will be able to dial f - stop from your K or M or takumar lenses to give you Tav and Av modes, which will be good for video too. (No other brands are offering to you this actually)

And there are still things to be kept as secret for later launch. That would suggest something even more cool. Jaw is not dropping yet? Wait for it .. sure compared to latest mirrorless marvels and their flagships...nothing extraordinary(there is a song) but pretty good in my book and well worth the premium price.

I have to admit that I was looking at S5, Z5/6 and R6, if this Pentax was not going to be delivering. Somehow x-t3 was not on that shortlist. Just because of they have good video and SR for video. Knowing how much I would have had to invest for that, made my heart sorrow not just because I like Pentax, but also because I would have had to sell so much. Now I can have SR for video to do handheld quick and dirty b-cam and won’t have to buy another system for that. Going to keep one BMPCC for tripod work and get one proper cinema camera capable for proper stuff and having global shutter. Now that is a bit off topic, but just wanted to bring that up.

So, K-33 is more expensive it is still for me very cheap. And if tuhat AF system is what they are saying, it does put more faith for me when it does come in future of Pentax. Also speed and buffer could bring guys like that one norwageian ex-ambassador, back.
12-26-2020, 02:16 AM - 9 Likes   #57
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not about your par or my par. Par comes after reviewing other similar products. Do you review or test other systems as well outside Pentax? If the answer is not...then nothing is below par for you as far as Pentax is concerned.
I'm an amateur photographer, and like most other amateurs I don't spend my time reviewing and testing other systems (do you?). I look at specifications, features and price, and these - along with my previous experience and preferences - lead to my buying decisions. I shoot Pentax and Sony equipment because some (though not all) of their products offer what I want or need. "Par" is subjective.

And it is not about the prices that I can afford. I think you are missing the point here. Rest I won't even bother to repeat here but I can see you are missing the point here. The point is after the release of K-1, HD 50mm and 11-18mm all of them are reasonably priced but after that they are definitely on the high-way robbery. The last releases of HD 70-210 or 85mm I don't know how can anyone justify the prices irrespective of what you can or cannot afford. And if I am not wrong, I am definitely not alone to see this. There are plenty like me out there who knows what is wrong and right.
You're presenting your opinions as if they were fact, when they're just your opinions - shared by some, perhaps, and not by others. You, me and every other photographer are at liberty to hold whatever opinions we wish regarding Pentax equipment and pricing. Ultimately, the market economy and law of supply and demand will decide and define realistic pricing for the products in the months after initial release. Hopefully, that will be profitable enough for Ricoh to continue making them.

Here I doubt it because members put sentimental values on the products and bully/kick-out those who tend to disagree.
I hold no sentimental value for Pentax products, or those of any other brand. I don't do brand loyalty... My loyalties (at least where products are concerned) are to myself, in what works for me and what I enjoy using; basically, I shoot Pentax because it suits me well.

I don't bully others or seek to eject them - but nor do I require others to agree with my opinions, or consider mine to be "right" and theirs to be "wrong". We just disagree, that's all...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-26-2020 at 02:51 AM.
12-26-2020, 02:21 AM - 7 Likes   #58
Pentaxian

Here I doubt it because members put sentimental values on the products and bully/kick-out those who tend to disagree.
For several posts in a row you're attacking people... we're this and that if we don't agree with you. Perhaps you have to rethink who's trying that "bully" stuff. It won't work anyway, not here.

Justifying the prices paid for Pentax products? Nope, we don't have to do that. We buy what we want - not even strictly what we need, nor necessarily the cheapest option that (barely) do the job.

This camera is an APS-C flagship and it will be priced accordingly. Don't like it, don't buy an APS-C flagship. No need to get angry at its existence. No need to get angry at us.
12-26-2020, 02:22 AM - 3 Likes   #59
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
man who does not live in any la la land
What about Li Li Land,do you live close to there?

---------- Post added 12-26-20 at 08:35 PM ----------

About HD DFA 70-210 f4, you don't have to go anywhere. Even on this website it scores 7.3 in terms of value for money.
Those 3 "hard core"Pentaxians have rated it 9.66 for image quality.Its puzzling for a lens to be rated so highly and then be accused of only being a 7.33 value.I'd think that a high quality lens would be worth the $.But perhaps the influen$e of knowing Ricoh have used the Tamron optical formula and the said lens in C/N mount is a lower price,has prompted the value judgement?
12-26-2020, 02:43 AM - 6 Likes   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
For several posts in a row you're attacking people... we're this and that if we don't agree with you. Perhaps you have to rethink who's trying that "bully" stuff. It won't work anyway, not here.

Justifying the prices paid for Pentax products? Nope, we don't have to do that. We buy what we want - not even strictly what we need, nor necessarily the cheapest option that (barely) do the job.

This camera is an APS-C flagship and it will be priced accordingly. Don't like it, don't buy an APS-C flagship. No need to get angry at its existence. No need to get angry at us.
I’m not angry at any of you but I see I unintentionally conveyed the wrong impression. I deleted my comments because of that & heartily apologize for any kind of misconduct.
Closed Thread