Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2021, 02:35 AM   #271
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 5shot Quote
It looked like you could change the Flash Sync Speed in the menu - does this mean you can do HSS without a Pentax flash?
You can do this already with any flash which does support HSS

Edit: ofcourse that flash would have to work with Pentax..

01-18-2021, 02:57 AM   #272
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I hope there will be no shutter lag when using non-Pentax flash like what I experienced with my K3-II.

Last edited by totsmuyco; 01-18-2021 at 04:11 AM.
01-18-2021, 03:57 AM   #273
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UlrichSchiegg Quote
This is off topic.If the Menue item exists, I guess it is recommended to use it.

Card out - Card into the computer - copy files to computer drive - don't add or delete files in the computer - take the card back into the camera - go into image display - open menue - delete all images - done

That's how I do, it deletes the folders as well. I never had a problem in doing so, that was not related to a card. Regular replacement of cards is suggested (every 5y or so).
Why don't you just move all the images from the card to computer instead of copying them? that way you also immediately delete them from the card...

I use Total Commander for organizing my files on computer and there is a hot key F6 for moving and F5 for copying.
To move using standard Windows Explorer you'd Cut the files in source window and paste them in destination window.

Last edited by davidsladek; 01-18-2021 at 04:00 AM. Reason: added detail
01-18-2021, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #274
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
Why don't you just move all the images from the card to computer instead of copying them? that way you also immediately delete them from the card...

I use Total Commander for organizing my files on computer and there is a hot key F6 for moving and F5 for copying.
To move using standard Windows Explorer you'd Cut the files in source window and paste them in destination window.
Ulrich is correct - this is 'off topic'.

Your method does not fix the SD's directory, if that were important to some members and they actually think of it, but that may be an issue if you constantly move large numbers of photos.
Personally, I often take just two or three photos a day.

01-21-2021, 03:03 AM - 10 Likes   #275
JPT
Pentaxian

The February issue of Nippon Camera came out yesterday and it has a 4-page article about the K-1 II, which is basically a report of the same event that Albert attended.

Mostly it covers the same ground as we've seen before, but three things struck me as important.
- The expected price is mentioned as 200,000 yen, which is significantly less than some of the more alarming projections. I fact it less than the K-1 II sells for (232,650 currently, a few years after release).
- Availability is mentioned as "aiming for late February", which I think is just to say Ricoh is targeting CP+
- The other interesting thing for me was actually comparative photos of the viewfinder size of the K-3 III, K-1 II and K-3 II. The K-3 III look exactly the same size as the K-1 II and the writer was saying it caused the visitors to to a double-take and check they weren't looking at a full frame camera.
01-21-2021, 03:26 AM   #276
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
The February issue of Nippon Camera came out yesterday and it has a 4-page article about the K-1 II, which is basically a report of the same event that Albert attended.

Mostly it covers the same ground as we've seen before, but three things struck me as important.
- The expected price is mentioned as 200,000 yen, which is significantly less than some of the more alarming projections. I fact it less than the K-1 II sells for (232,650 currently, a few years after release).
- Availability is mentioned as "aiming for late February", which I think is just to say Ricoh is targeting CP+
- The other interesting thing for me was actually comparative photos of the viewfinder size of the K-3 III, K-1 II and K-3 II. The K-3 III look exactly the same size as the K-1 II and the writer was saying it caused the visitors to to a double-take and check they weren't looking at a full frame camera.
If that price stands, it ought to result in a UK price of around GBP £1,400 - £1,500 based on current GBP JPY FX rates. Given the specification and feature set, I'd call that very good value for money.

Thanks for the update
01-21-2021, 04:27 AM   #277
Veteran Member

So, K-1 sized crop body. Price about the ~same. Next K-1 will heavily overlap this one when used in crop mode.

01-21-2021, 04:34 AM   #278
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
So, K-1 sized crop body. Price about the ~same. Next K-1 will heavily overlap this one when used in crop mode.
The comment was about the viewfinder being K1 sized. The camera body itself will not be. It will still be the compact APS-C form we Pentaxians have loved.
01-21-2021, 04:41 AM   #279
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Given the specification and feature set, I'd call that very good value for money.
Very good?

Lets wait and see what these specU lation$ and features bring in the real world.
01-21-2021, 04:42 AM   #280
Pentaxian

next K1 will most propably be higher in price. Crop -mode is fine, but smaller form, not just body but also lenses and more responsive camera is great too. And crop mode will not give you that.
01-21-2021, 04:45 AM   #281
Pentaxian

Next K-1 will heavily overlap this one when used in crop mode.
Whens that one coming out?...
01-21-2021, 04:49 AM - 2 Likes   #282
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
When it's ready.
01-21-2021, 04:50 AM   #283
Pentaxian

Very good?

Lets wait and see what these specU lation$ and features bring in the real world.
it will be interesting to see
01-21-2021, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #284
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
If that price stands, it ought to result in a UK price of around GBP £1,400 - £1,500 based on current GBP JPY FX rates. Given the specification and feature set, I'd call that very good value for money.
Very good?

That's why I started my post with "If that price stands"...

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
When it's ready.
... and not a moment sooner
01-21-2021, 04:59 AM   #285
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote

Thanks for the info!
So, correlating, it comes out to a MRSP of $1600 (before taxes, yadda yadda) in the US, and around 1800€ in Germany. That would be well within reasonable, and like @bigmackcam said, a competitive price considering the specs.

The OVF of the next FF is gonna be a religious experience, I'm sure of it .

---------- Post added 01-21-21 at 05:01 AM ----------

Next FF will be physically larger, heavier and have lower FPS than the K-3iii even in crop mode, unless you want them to make a 6k€ camera. Horses for courses.
Closed Thread