Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2021, 05:38 PM - 2 Likes   #421
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Ooh, this is getting intriguing... do you know if they export to USA?

I just did a quick search on the big auction site, and I did see a seller with 100% feedback on 75k transactions with X-T4's for $1500... mmmmmmm
After years of dorking around with the Xtrans sensor, I am glad to be finally rid of it.

Much like the hot girl in high school, the promise of what it could be falls very short of the reality of what it is... At least that's been my experience. I have no issues with APS-c, and am looking forward to the K33, but the Xtrans is a whole nother ballgame. For just jpegs, no problem. RAW is more complicated than it ever should have been.

02-06-2021, 06:52 PM   #422
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
After years of dorking around with the Xtrans sensor, I am glad to be finally rid of it.

Much like the hot girl in high school, the promise of what it could be falls very short of the reality of what it is... At least that's been my experience. I have no issues with APS-c, and am looking forward to the K33, but the Xtrans is a whole nother ballgame. For just jpegs, no problem. RAW is more complicated than it ever should have been.
I actually am a former Fujian - I owned a X-T20. Unlike that hot girl in high school, I liked the heart just fine - I used Capture One to develop RAWs - but the body not so much.

Anyway, I, too, am looking for forward to the Pentax Larry Bird model.
02-06-2021, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #423
bxf
Veteran Member

Much like the hot girl in high school, the promise of what it could be falls very short of the reality of what it is... At least that's been my experience
What was her name? I may know her.
02-06-2021, 07:07 PM   #424
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
looking forward to the K33,
Yes,lots are.

---------- Post added 02-07-21 at 01:13 PM ----------

the Pentax Larry Bird model.
The tech isn't THAT old!

02-06-2021, 08:36 PM   #425
Veteran Member

I actually am a former Fujian - I owned a X-T20. Unlike that hot girl in high school, I liked the heart just fine - I used Capture One to develop RAWs - but the body not so much.

Anyway, I, too, am looking for forward to the Pentax Larry Bird model.
I thought capture one was great, until I tried to print things. I really didn't expect Paint Shop Pro levels of bugs and errors in a Photoshop price level program. Phase One should be ashamed.

Especially when Affinity Photo does most everything Photoshop does smoothly for $25 USD on sale.
02-06-2021, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #426
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
The tech isn't THAT old!
But I am...
02-06-2021, 09:17 PM   #427
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought capture one was great, until I tried to print things. I really didn't expect Paint Shop Pro levels of bugs and errors in a Photoshop price level program. Phase One should be ashamed.

Especially when Affinity Photo does most everything Photoshop does smoothly for $25 USD on sale.
On the rare occasions I print at home, I use Photoshop.

But my fave RAW developer is DXO... I hope they decide to support the new camera!

02-07-2021, 02:25 AM   #428
Pentaxian

No more Photouniverse?
02-07-2021, 03:45 AM   #429
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any ideas on when the K33 will be available? I've looked around, but back in December they said February... It's February and now...crickets...
I talked with local shop that hauls lenses for me from Japan. They said that unless CoVid changes something again they expect to have it in the begining of April for sales.
02-07-2021, 08:11 AM   #430

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Ofcourse with sharing the same sensor and similar stills specs, there will be comparisons.What will be of most interest will be how the new processor combined with the turbo charger(AU) does.It will be interesting.
I don't believe they will share the same sensor. Only the resolution is the about the same. But I'm too believe processor will carries most of the weight of the performance in the new flaghship camera. Plus the Accelerator Unit, it should deliver the most top performance of all Pentax cameras to date. At least, that's what I expect

---------- Post added 02-07-21 at 12:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
but of course their OVFs are not comparable.
I meant their general features and performance.

Of course, being a mirrorless vs DSLR, the only differences are the viefinder, but in terms of market, I believe they will dispute the same market/customer.

The K-3 mk III and X-T4 have about the same size, and similar lenses. Both have IBIS, and probably the same perfomance and image quality. They also have the same black/silver options .
02-07-2021, 10:50 AM   #431
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sungibr Quote
I meant their general features and performance.

Of course, being a mirrorless vs DSLR, the only differences are the viewfinder, but in terms of market, I believe they will dispute the same market/customer.
Some people here won't even think of using an EVF, and others won't think now of using anything else - many won't get as far as comparing features and performance - so these two cameras are barely in competition.
02-07-2021, 11:14 AM   #432
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sungibr Quote
I don't believe they will share the same sensor.
Its an off the shelf Sony sensor,the colour array filter will be different.You do know the difference between Bayer and Xtrans?
02-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #433
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
No more Photouniverse?
Uploaded to PHOTO UNIVERSE today...

But I am kind of starting over with a new channel called Edward Thomas. (Link in signature)

Same content as PHOTO UNIVERSE but no adds.

Thanks for asking!

---------- Post added 02-07-21 at 03:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
I talked with local shop that hauls lenses for me from Japan. They said that unless CoVid changes something again they expect to have it in the begining of April for sales.
Great to hear! Thanks!

Last edited by Qwntm; 02-07-2021 at 03:00 PM.
02-07-2021, 03:36 PM   #434
Pentaxian

Any ideas on when the K33 will be available? I've looked around, but back in December they said February... It's February and now...crickets...
I hope for Ricoh that their K33 is available for purchase off the shelves before April. Good reason for that: in central Europe bird migration is around mid April, which means, if the K33 (supposed to be a sports camera) isn't available early April at least , there will be no need to buy it until next spring in 2022.
02-07-2021, 05:16 PM - 4 Likes   #435
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I hope for Ricoh that their K33 is available for purchase off the shelves before April. Good reason for that: in central Europe bird migration is around mid April, which means, if the K33 (supposed to be a sports camera) isn't available early April at least , there will be no need to buy it until next spring in 2022.
Are bird shooters claiming control over the whole camera market?
Closed Thread