Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 423 Likes Search this Thread
01-28-2021, 07:29 AM   #256
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I have.

They have certainly improved, but it's from "absolute horrendous invention that makes my old early 90s 640x480 CRT look like high tech" for the NEX-6 or the original A7 to "slightly better experience than my old early 90s CRT" (this with a Sony A7Riii or an EOS R). The image still loses resolution and streaks like crazy whenever you pan, so that's a non-starter for me as I like taking my time behind the finder when I'm taking photos.

If I wanted motion blur I'd leave it on in my computer games.
and this discussion has nothing to do with the K-3iii, unless someone chooses to attach a Hoodman device to the LCD which doesn’t flip.

01-28-2021, 08:58 AM - 2 Likes   #257
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
and this discussion has nothing to do with the K-3iii, unless someone chooses to attach a Hoodman device to the LCD which doesn’t flip.
Come on, your own post 2 hours ago asking MMVIII if he had tried an EVF has nothing to do with it either. Although I'd say that the entire thing does have something to do with the K-3iii: as in "why I like that the K-3iii has an OVF and not an EVF" .

As to why I even posted: Lee commented that an EVF was better for him in most cases (which is fine, and I understand why it's better for him), and there were some mentions earlier about a talk (CP+ I think?) entitled "What mirrorless brought to the industry" where a person from Ricoh Imaging will participate, which is relevant because while RI makes mirrorless cameras (Theta and GR) they don't really make mirrorless ILCs anymore.
01-28-2021, 09:58 AM   #258
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Come on, your own post 2 hours ago asking MMVIII if he had tried an EVF has nothing to do with it either. Although I'd say that the entire thing does have something to do with the K-3iii: as in "why I like that the K-3iii has an OVF and not an EVF" .

As to why I even posted: Lee commented that an EVF was better for him in most cases (which is fine, and I understand why it's better for him), and there were some mentions earlier about a talk (CP+ I think?) entitled "What mirrorless brought to the industry" where a person from Ricoh Imaging will participate, which is relevant because while RI makes mirrorless cameras (Theta and GR) they don't really make mirrorless ILCs anymore.
I responded to complaints about EVF because no discussion should be one-sided, but this discussion remains irrelevant to the K-3iii, which is allegedly the purpose of this thread.
I will not respond further, and suggest that others also get back to the point of this thread.
As far as I know, Ricoh has never used EVF in their products - certainly not in the GRRR - and now they are trying to improve the OVF experience, as in the case of the K-3iii.

Last edited by reh321; 01-28-2021 at 10:13 AM.
01-28-2021, 10:37 AM   #259
Veteran Member

I won’t respond further either. Hopefully the K3iii is a great camera. Hopefully they at least adopt the advances in mirrorless in the live view in future models.

01-28-2021, 10:46 AM   #260
Pentaxian

I responded to complaints about EVF because no discussion should be one-sided, but this discussion remains irrelevant to the K-3iii, which is allegedly the purpose of this thread.
I will not respond further, and suggest that others also get back to the point of this thread.
As far as I know, Ricoh has never used EVF in their products - certainly not in the GRRR - and now they are trying to improve the OVF experience, as in the case of the K-3iii.
Well, then you probably don't know that Ricoh has produced EVF. The modular GXR system, I may express my sadness here that this is no longer offered, had an EVF as a module.
Ricoh GXR VF-2, The Missing Piece In The Puzzle ? Simon Hawketts' Photo Blog
If you used the A12 sensor with Leica mount you had a perfectly fine MILC...
01-28-2021, 10:55 AM   #261
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Well, then you probably don't know that Ricoh has produced EVF. The modular GXR system, I may express my sadness here that this is no longer offered, had an EVF as a module.
Ricoh GXR VF-2, The Missing Piece In The Puzzle ? Simon Hawketts' Photo Blog
If you used the A12 sensor with Leica mount you had a perfectly fine MILC...
but I guess no right-thinking Pentaxian would use it.
I did get a GV-1 to experiment with using my Q-7.
01-28-2021, 11:12 AM   #262
Pentaxian

but I guess no right-thinking Pentaxian would use it.
I did get a GV-1 to experiment with using my Q-7.
Sorry, I really don't know what you want to say. Time to move on. Have a nice day. This playground is all yours.

Last edited by MMVIII; 01-28-2021 at 11:49 AM.
01-28-2021, 11:26 AM   #263
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII:
Sorry, I really don't know what you want to say. Time to move on. Have a nice day.
That is what I have been saying for the past few posts.
01-28-2021, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #264
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The video can you hear it in English or English subtitles ? .... please

I tried on the first day of release and could not work out how to do it ... hopefully you can now ..... thankyou
01-29-2021, 07:21 PM   #265
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
The video can you hear it in English or English subtitles ? .... please

I tried on the first day of release and could not work out how to do it ... hopefully you can now ..... thankyou
Unfortunately for us, Bilibili seems to be specifically for the Chinese market, so no real reason for there to be translations.