Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 423 Likes Search this Thread
01-16-2021, 05:48 AM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
Must've been answered before, curious to know, is there a reason why these are taking place exclusively in China?
No other country exercises as much economic clout as China and if you want to sell in their country, you play by their rules. They have very strict requirements if you want to sell your products there.

01-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #137
Pentaxian

Must've been answered before, curious to know, is there a reason why these are taking place exclusively in China?
My guess is, from business standpoint, China currently is the best place to start: low covid / restrictions, economy almost running as normal + growing market.
01-16-2021, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #138
Veteran Member

Best place for NEW customers.
01-16-2021, 07:03 AM   #139
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I've found the K3 III can be pre-ordered at the price of 100
How does that work, is that an initial payment to hold your spot, full price pending?

01-16-2021, 07:40 AM - 5 Likes   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They plan on reaching out individually to each of the 112 Pentaxians in the US.
01-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #141
Pentaxian

Mainland China is much closer to Japan than the 48-states of Mainland USA are.
01-16-2021, 10:03 AM   #142
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
It should be available soon.

About those online gurus on their youtube chanels, they also make money out of recommeding cameras and pointing out what they think about what. What is surprising, is that people do buy it. not all.
i was just thinking about how much I can save if I bought this K-3mk3 instead of buying in any other brand(I'v been thinking o getting 'hybrid' for video things, b-cam, documenting ect.). All of my lenses does work, they just have different Fov(which is not bad actually). If this new camera will deliver. I'll buy it and I'll buy next k-1 which will use most of goodies they'v made with this new one.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a K to Z adapter here before too long (with AF, I think manual already exists). Then you could just pick up a Z5 body and use the Pentax glass and have that capability. There are already adapters for Leica/Fuji/Canon for the Z mount.

No need to get a mirrorless system if you can just use one of the body's with your Pentax glass. They are very good with manual focus lenses. I'd just wait until you can pick up a Z5 for $700-800. The K33 may have much improved video though. The lenses are tough because many of them make a lot of noise if you use in body recording or a hotshoe mic that's closebye. The mirrorless cameras all have pretty silent lenses as most are hybrid shooters that use them.

01-16-2021, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #143
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Mainland China is much closer to Japan than the 48-states of Mainland USA are.
Mainland China is Covid-19 free.
Or so to say
01-16-2021, 11:05 AM - 2 Likes   #144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
I wouldn't be surprised to see a K to Z adapter here before too long (with AF, I think manual already exists). Then you could just pick up a Z5 body and use the Pentax glass and have that capability. There are already adapters for Leica/Fuji/Canon for the Z mount.
Why would I need to buy a Z5 (entry level camera) and a K to Z adapter to use my Pentax glass on a Z5, knowing that I can use my Pentax glass on my K1 that is already superior to a Z5 for still images?
I compared RAW files from the most recent models, exported each file with same processing parameters, and doing a side by side review I can't tell the difference between my K1, Z7, R5, A7RIV and even additional files from MF cameras. I'd only buy an adapter if the new mirrorless FF model is significantly superior to my K1 or if I want to play mirror-less. Other than that, it's hard to justify the money spent.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 01-16-2021 at 11:10 AM.
01-16-2021, 11:26 AM   #145
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Mainland China is Covid-19 free.
Or so to say
hahahahaha. Visions of Comical Ali on state TV come to mind.
01-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #146
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Why would I need to buy a Z5 (entry level camera) and a K to Z adapter to use my Pentax glass on a Z5, knowing that I can use my Pentax glass on my K1 that is already superior to a Z5 for still images?
I compared RAW files from the most recent models, exported each file with same processing parameters, and doing a side by side review I can't tell the difference between my K1, Z7, R5, A7RIV and even additional files from MF cameras. I'd only buy an adapter if the new mirrorless FF model is significantly superior to my K1 or if I want to play mirror-less. Other than that, it's hard to justify the money spent.
Because "mirrorless iz za fewture!"
Amazing how the K-1's image quality is still competitive, don't you think?
01-16-2021, 12:12 PM   #147
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Not really.
Pentax has always concentrated on still photography - and people still complain about their video.
Video tends to work better on MILC
01-16-2021, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #148
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote

No need to get a mirrorless system if you can just use one of the body's with your Pentax glass. They are very good with manual focus lenses. I'd just wait until you can pick up a Z5 for $700-800. The K33 may have much improved video though. The lenses are tough because many of them make a lot of noise if you use in body recording or a hotshoe mic that's closebye. The mirrorless cameras all have pretty silent lenses as most are hybrid shooters that use them.
Yea. But the thing is that I don’t like adapters. Perhaps I should. But I don’t.
01-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #149
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Because "mirrorless iz za fewture!"
Everyone's image quality is competitive. There hasn't been a camera made in the last 10 years that had bad image quality. The 15 year old Canon 5D is more than capable of professional results. Mirrorless is the future for photography and its already here. Ricoh is going to be #1 in DSLR sales in the very near future.
01-16-2021, 01:20 PM   #150
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Strangely the DFA*85 didn't look that huge on the K-3III and in that guys hands. Previous videos made it look bigger.

Judging from the video it's a great idea to focus on China. These are young people and they are sociable, in a group, and lively. Most Pentax content is solitary older people with a very different often a bit odd vibe. Only off-putting thing was the lack of women.