Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2021, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #451
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I'm sure the thousands of FD users whose lens investments were turned into poo by Canon are comforted by that.
Anybody who views purchasing a lens as an "investment" gets what he deserves.

Upgrading to a system by another manufacture was as big a deal as purchasing an EF-mount system - in both cases you had to purchase all new lenses - only you did it once-for-all in the case of Canon, while with another manufacturer you would get only some of the benefit right away, as they slowly added aspects of electronic control over time.

Again - this discussion has nothing to do with the K-3iii's being delayed.

02-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #452
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
only you did it once-for-all in the case of Canon,
Yes,Canon took things forward just like the K3III will too(for those that buy it)

There should be some "official news" very soon(i hope thats not delayed!)
02-23-2021, 12:58 PM   #453
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Your casual meander from "pros" to "sports shooter" was curious at best. You do know not all pros are sports shooters don't you? In fact, very few of them are.

Of the pros I know personally, one wildlife shooter (for Ontario Outdoors- Canon FF), commercial product shooter (Nikon FF), wedding guy (Pentax K-5), commercial catalogue photographer (Canon FF), Craft show seller (Nikon D810). These are all people I know... how many sports shooters do you know?

It might be a little conceited to think you need what the guys who shoot the Olympics need. There is a clear distinction between, "have to get the shot or don't get paid" and "I'd like the shot but it doesn't really matter if I don't get it." Everyone likes to pretend they need what the top dogs need. It gets old.

But the funniest thing is the deafening silence when someone posts pictures of something someone on the forum has said can't be one with a Pentax. There's a difference between "don't want to" and "can't." A distinction lost on some people.
I was probably too narrow in my characterization. Most of us will, from time to time, substitute our point of view and current thoughts for a larger perspective that isn't always completely valid.
02-23-2021, 01:00 PM   #454
Loyal Site Supporter

Get real, that's just not well thought out. Someone who pours sometimes tens of thousands of dollars into a camera system doesn't deserve to have the manufacturer of that system kick him to the curb.

QuoteQuote:
Upgrading to a system by another manufacture was as big a deal as purchasing an EF-mount system - in both cases you had to purchase all new lenses - only you did it once-for-all in the case of Canon, while with another manufacturer you would get only some of the benefit right away, as they slowly added aspects of electronic control over time.

Again - this discussion has nothing to do with the K-3iii's being delayed.
Well, I will give you another opportunity to put your money where your mouth is on that one.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 02-23-2021 at 01:20 PM.
02-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #455
Pentaxian

Yes,it goes with any product.We all run the risk of technology changing the game.The pleasure/joy can be great/disappointing with anything.

Depreciating items are never an investment while depreciating but when,due to scarcity their value rises,they can become an investment.

A prime(ha)example is a few years ago Takumars rose significantly in value after the K-1 became available.I'm not saying it was entirely due to a Pentax FF but some people only use Takys.
02-23-2021, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #456
Pentaxian

Get real, that's just dumb. Someone who pours sometimes tens of thousands of dollars into a camera system doesn't deserve to have the manufacturer of that system kick him to the curb.
If he dumped ten’s of thousands of dollars into a Canon FD system, he had a choice between dumping ten’s of thousand dollars once into a EF-system or dumping ten’s of thousands dollars into another manufacturer’s screw-drive system, and he would have still had a screw-drive system with mechanical aperture control - he would had to throw even money at the manufacturer to get electronic aperture control and even more to get lenses with in-lens AF motors, and this still has nothing to do with delaying the K-3iii.
02-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #457
Pentaxian

Well, I will give you another opportunity to put your money where your mouth is on that one.
I did "put my money where my mouth is".
I have some of my money in a Canon EF system in my closet.
I spent some of my money in switching from a Pentax KA-mount system to a Canon EF-mount system in 1995, and more of my money in switching to a Pentax KAF2/3/4 mount system in 2015.

But this still has nothing to do with the delay in releasing the K-3iii.

02-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #458
Loyal Site Supporter

If he dumped ten’s of thousands of dollars into a Canon FD system, he had a choice between dumping ten’s of thousand dollars once into a EF-system or dumping ten’s of thousands dollars into another manufacturer’s screw-drive system, and he would have still had a screw-drive system with mechanical aperture control - he would had to throw even money at the manufacturer to get electronic aperture control and even more to get lenses with in-lens AF motors, and this still has nothing to do with delaying the K-3iii.
Not only does this have nothing to do with the delayed K3III, but you have completely stopped making any sort of sense.

Again, I will give you the opportunity to stop posting off topic to the thread, especially since you are posting nonsense at this point.

---------- Post added Feb 23rd, 2021 at 02:39 PM ----------

I did "put my money where my mouth is".
I have some of my money in a Canon EF system in my closet.
I spent some of my money in switching from a Pentax KA-mount system to a Canon EF-mount system in 1995, and more of my money in switching to a Pentax KAF2/3/4 mount system in 2015.

But this still has nothing to do with the delay in releasing the K-3iii.
Apparently, you are unable to follow a sentence.
Consider yourself Boriscletoed. I'm done with you.
02-23-2021, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #459
Pentaxian

Not only does this have nothing to do with the delayed K3III, but you have completely stopped making any sort of sense.

Again, I will give you the opportunity to stop posting off topic to the thread, especially since you are posting nonsense at this point.

Apparently, you are unable to follow a sentence.
Consider yourself Boriscletoed. I'm done with you.
Good - since this has nothing to do with the delay in releasing the K-3iii.
02-23-2021, 01:53 PM - 21 Likes   #460
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Take a chill pill everybody. This discussion is meant to be about the new camera being delayed. I think the reasons for that have been discussed fully.

Snarking between various brand and/or format loyalists, and arguments about decades old business decisions is getting pretty tiresome.

My finger is hovering over the "close thread" button....
02-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #461
Pentaxian

Good -
You got the Badge of Honour too!

I thought i was special.The PentaxStalin purges plenty.
02-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #462
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Take a chill pill everybody. This discussion is meant to be about the new camera being delayed. I think the reasons for that have been discussed fully...
You are correct.
02-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #463
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
Well, if you had purchased a D500, at least you would have had a camera for roughly the past five years now.
I had a camera to use for the last 5 years.
02-24-2021, 02:13 PM   #464
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Depreciating items are never an investment while depreciating but when,due to scarcity their value rises,they can become an investment.
Yep - but it's more of an "if" than a "when". You never really know how the trends are gonna go... better to assume they will depreciate and then, if they don't, well... free moneys!
02-24-2021, 02:19 PM   #465
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I had a camera to use for the last 5 years.
So did I, but at open aperture only with a KAF4 lens.
Closed Thread