Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 625 Likes Search this Thread
02-17-2021, 09:00 PM - 2 Likes   #46

Location: Rainforest of Canada Vancouver Island and the sagebrush of southern Okanagan, BC
K3 111 delayed

Damn, I was hoping to press the 'buy' button this month. Oh well, gives me more time to roll my nickels and dimes to pay for part of this most anticipated beast (with battery grip of course)!

02-17-2021, 09:00 PM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
if it is 20000 upper, it is reasonable to assume $2500... If they want to achieve this goal, their specifications are not advanced enough... of course, they can still release it and mark the price down to $1900-$2000 as people estimated...
IMO still too high. $1500 max
02-17-2021, 09:01 PM - 5 Likes   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My statement here is that if the specification changes to 30fps and 4K 120p , the price will be $2500- $3000.... Let's wait and see
The specs are not changing. I don’t get why anyone would suggest such a thing.
02-17-2021, 09:07 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My statement here is that if the specification changes to 30fps and 4K 120p , the price will be $2500- $3000.... Let's wait and see
Well there is going to be a Japanese language virtual "touch and try" next week K-3 III "online touch and try" CP+ event open for registration. I'll attend. - PentaxForums.com and we shall see if there is going to be 30fps and 4K 120p. Care to wager a bit of green on those features???

02-17-2021, 09:07 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
"I decided to change it." .... That's what I read in this thread... Of course, as pointed Larrymc, this is due to poor google translation.
02-17-2021, 09:07 PM   #51
Pentaxian

So you are basically taking back your own statement. There is no DSLR by now ever going faster than 16fps with the mechanical shutter and in this it costs $6500.
So why this stunt then?
02-17-2021, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Just to be a contrarian, I guess.

02-17-2021, 09:10 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Well there is going to be a Japanese language virtual "touch and try" next week K-3 III "online touch and try" CP+ event open for registration. I'll attend. - PentaxForums.com and we shall see if there is going to be 30fps and 4K 120p. Care to wager a bit of green on those features???
As I mentioned above, the whole point built here from the speculation that they want to change the specifications to achieve higher launch price goal... If they want continuing to keep the specifications, I believe the launch price will be lower... Be patient...

Last edited by starjedi; 02-17-2021 at 09:25 PM.
02-17-2021, 09:19 PM - 5 Likes   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I mentioned above, the whole point built here from the speculation that they want to change the specifications to achieve higher launch price goal... If they want continuing to keep the specifications, I believe the launch price will be lower... Be patient...
I think a chip or electronic component shortage is the correct speculation and nothing more than that. No uprated specs no changes, they have already published most of the basic specs.
02-17-2021, 09:26 PM   #55
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is not speculation.. Apparently, K-3 iii launch price is to match or be higher than Nikon or Canon APS-c flagship D500 or Canon 7Dii. 25000 upper is reasonable for this goal...
You ignored the part where I said that the price in Japan will be higher than elsewhere.The price given in the video was approximate, and in yen. No price in any other country has been mentioned to my knowledge. So the price in any sort of dollars is speculation based on a ballpark figure in a different market. The reality is that we don't know what the price will be, but it's hard to imagine that Ricoh will price the camera out of the market, and it has to fit between the KP and K1 or people will wonder why they are paying a premium for APSC if they can get full frame for the same price or less. That would be bizarre. A price of USD$2500 would put it too far above the K1ii, which B&H currently list at USD$1800 (or even their regular USD$2000).

Last edited by RobG; 02-17-2021 at 09:40 PM.
02-17-2021, 09:26 PM - 3 Likes   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
APS-C???????????????????PENTAX K-3 Mark III????????????2???RICOH IMAGING

Development status of APS-C flagship digital SLR camera "PENTAX K-3 Mark III" (2nd report)

Thank you for your continued patronage of our products.
We would like to inform you of the current development progress of the APS-C flagship digital SLR camera "PENTAX K-3 Mark III" whose development status and product name were announced on October 27, 2020.

Aiming to be released around the time of the world premiere show "CP + 2021" (held as CP + 2021 online this year) of cameras and photographic images scheduled to be held from February 25 to 28, 2021 at the time of the previous announcement I was informed that it was under development. However, due to the delay in procuring some parts and the judgment that it will take some time to achieve high performance and high quality suitable for the APS-C flagship model, we have decided to release it. I decided to change it.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to customers who are waiting for the official announcement and release, and thank you for your understanding.

Product name: PENTAX K-3 Mark III

Scheduled release date before change: Under development aiming for the world premiere show "CP + 2021" (Pacifico Yokohama) of cameras and photographic images scheduled to be held from February 25 to 28, 2021
Release after change Schedule (current outlook): We will inform you again in the near future.
Thank you for the link!
here an alternative automatic translation by deepL:
"Development Status of APS-C Flagship Digital SLR Camera "PENTAX K-3 Mark III
Development Status (2nd Report)
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patronage of our products.
This is to inform you of the current development status of the APS-C flagship digital SLR camera "PENTAX K-3 Mark III", whose development status and product name were announced on October 27, 2020.

At the time of our previous announcement, we said that the product was under development with the aim of being launched around the time of CP+2021, the world premiere show for cameras and photographic imaging scheduled to be held from February 25 to 28, 2021 (this year, the show will be held as CP+2021 Online). However, due to delays in the procurement of some parts and the fact that we need more time to achieve the high performance and high quality befitting an APS-C flagship model, we have decided to change the scheduled release date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to customers who have been waiting for the official announcement and launch.

Details

Product name: PENTAX K-3 Mark III

Scheduled release date before the change: Under development to be released around the time of CP+2021 (Pacifico Yokohama), the world premiere show for cameras and photographic imaging scheduled to be held from February 25 to 28, 2021.
Release schedule after the change (current forecast): To be announced soon.

Related Information
New APS-C flagship model (PENTAX K-3 Mark III) website
PENTAX STATEMENT web site

Translated with DeepL Translate (free version)"
02-17-2021, 09:31 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I think a chip or electronic component shortage is the correct speculation and nothing more than that. No uprated specs no changes, they have already published most of the basic specs.
Frankly speaking, I agree with you, MMVIII and RobG. Just the poor google translation posted in this thread misguided... If read the official statement from Pentax, there is no word that they want to change the specification... My first reaction when reading there was that they really want to change the specification and make a flagship with a higher standard in order to fit a higher price tag! :-):-):-):-):-):-)

Last edited by starjedi; 02-17-2021 at 09:51 PM.
02-17-2021, 09:41 PM - 1 Like   #58
Pentaxian

I guess I'll still be waiting for it.
02-17-2021, 09:51 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad I just went with a KP recently. I'm so happy with it. Maybe I'll circle back to this K3iii in a couple years.

In the meantime... I'd like to see that new PLM 16-50, and the new 21mm FA limited. A few other updated lenses would be cool as well.
02-17-2021, 10:47 PM - 4 Likes   #60
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The K 3 iii is delayed some more.No reason for doom and gloom , Suppliers are behind the 8 ball and there is nothing they can do about it.
Cheer up and just make your ' piggy bank ' fatter in the mean time
Closed Thread