Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 625 Likes Search this Thread
02-17-2021, 11:01 PM - 4 Likes   #61
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Manufactures today do Just in time assembly line + Worldwide Semiconductor shortage + The chaos in export container gridlock around the world, I would be surprised if Pentax can have the camera on time.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 02-17-2021 at 11:06 PM.
02-17-2021, 11:16 PM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
The K 3 iii is delayed some more.No reason for doom and gloom , Suppliers are behind the 8 ball and there is nothing they can do about it.
Cheer up and just make your ' piggy bank ' fatter in the mean time
Mine is overflowing.
02-17-2021, 11:22 PM - 4 Likes   #63
Pentaxian

Covid-19 has created serious disturbances in electronic factories, not all workers shall work at the same time , workers shall keep minimum distances to avoid contamination. Not to mention country closed border to foreign business trips + quarantine time, causing serious delays in manufacturing machine repairs. You have no idea, you camera customers. Now about product reliability, should we remind us about SDM failures and aperture block failures that crippled Pentax brand image for a decade. Do you want that on the new Pentax K3 mk III? I fully understand and I fully agree with Ricoh to delay the Pentax K3 mk III. It's a wise decision.
02-18-2021, 12:13 AM   #64
Pentaxian

OK, maybe effort can go in the upcoming lenses now while camera parts are on hold

02-18-2021, 01:10 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
if it is 20000 upper, it is reasonable to assume $2500... If they want to achieve this goal, their specifications are not advanced enough... of course, they can still release it and mark the price down to $1900-$2000 as people estimated...
No it's not reasonable.
The D FA* 70-200 Silver Edition has a 310,000 yen list price; yet it's less than $2100 at B&H. Directly applying the exchange rate doesn't work.
02-18-2021, 01:11 AM   #66
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
OK, maybe effort can go in the upcoming lenses now while camera parts are on hold
Sounds good ... but .. highly unlikely ... lenses need parts too
02-18-2021, 01:13 AM - 1 Like   #67
dbs
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Mine is overflowing.
Mine needs a bit of help.. ... ( hint hint )

02-18-2021, 01:16 AM   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Well there is going to be a Japanese language virtual "touch and try" next week K-3 III "online touch and try" CP+ event open for registration. I'll attend. - PentaxForums.com and we shall see if there is going to be 30fps and 4K 120p. Care to wager a bit of green on those features???
Nice. But, wouldn't it be in Japanese?
02-18-2021, 01:17 AM - 2 Likes   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Thank you for the link!
here an alternative automatic translation by deepL:
There's an English version:
Development update regarding the PENTAX?s new APS-C-format digital SLR flagship camera, PENTAX K-3 Mark III (second report)?RICOH IMAGING
02-18-2021, 01:22 AM - 2 Likes   #70
Pentaxian

Delays seem to be the name of the game for 2021

That had to happen to Ricoh, since much more powerful players struggle:

QuoteOriginally posted by canonrumors:
I have been told that Canon had planned to make some sort of a splash ahead of CP+, which begins February 25, 2021, as a virtual show. The source claims that a new body was scheduled to be announced along with a couple of lenses. It now looks like that isn’t going to happen.
There is always a possibility of a development announcement for a camera or lenses, as those tend not to leak ahead of time. Development announcements don’t occur very often, and probably provide some headaches from the impatient type of consumer.
Below are three lenses that have been confirmed numerous times for the RF mount, and all of which will be significantly delayed due to manufacturing challenges.
Delays seem to be the name of the game for 2021 | Canon Rumors - Your best source for Canon rumors, leaks and gossip
02-18-2021, 01:36 AM - 1 Like   #71

Well, don't that just beat all. There was an earlier thread about how lenses were manufactured in batches. I would think that the camera bodies are manufactured the same way. Whatever number of k33 bodies they expected to need they would need that number of each component.

I worked for a large computer manufacturer around y2k when someone substituted a sub par part of incoming components of motherboard based voltage regulators for an Enterprise Level server. When the server ran past a certain number of hours (all of them ran continuously) they were fine. Until, they were finally restarted at which time the component overheated and burned a hole in the motherboard. So, what did we do? Since most of those servers had an open slot why we just gave the customer a brand new proc and VRM for slot 2 and said have a nice day! Yes they worked. But it did not feel right to me. And I am sure all of you would have felt lessened by the experience as well.

My point is that it appears that Ricoh is trying to do the right thing by not putting out anything sub-par. They are not being underhanded. There are delays because of the issue at hand. I appreciate this and I will be glad to wait with my k50 and my growing lens collection for the release of the apsc camera that will be solid for the next 10 or so years.

Another thing I noted. None of the 'Movies' or 'Product' stories talk much if anything about video. For my part i hope we can hide the menu for video on the new camera. It just sorta gets in the way. I will be much surprised if any spec is changed, but especially video. Not overly important to Pentaxians, by and large.. Now they could throw in one of those Astro Tracer things for free. Yeah - that's the ticket!
02-18-2021, 01:42 AM - 1 Like   #72
Pentaxian

Do you think there is a risk Pentax gets muscled to the back of the queue for any missing component?
02-18-2021, 01:52 AM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mannyquinto Quote
OMG, with the longest lockdown record in SEA, I hope that it is not just the only reason for the delay. I believe Fuji has also been producing products in the Philippines and yet we do not hear any news of delays.

No wonder they could not release any pricing yet on the K3iii. I became a Pentaxian because of the these two factors that I evaluated when I was picking my 1st DSLR about more than a decade ago: colors and price. Of the two, if Ricoh is going for higher prices for future body releases then I guess they may loose more of their enthusiast market since a part of their existing customers were lured to their fold because of the bang-for-buck when you get into a Pentax gear.
The enthusiast market isn't moving past cell phones anyway.
The reason Pentax is no longer a stand alone company is because they marketed to people who bought based on price.
Ricoh isn't going to repeat the mistakes that brought you to Pentax in the first place.
02-18-2021, 01:54 AM   #74
Pentaxian

Where it appears that the official English version lacks a portion of sentence:
QuoteOriginally posted by Ricoh Imaging:
As some of the product parts are delayed, and we have determined that development will require a greater amount of time for us to achieve the exceptional performance and finest quality that is the hallmark of next aps-c flagship model.
The sentence is flawed, everything is related to 'as', it lacks the consequence: 'we have decided to change the scheduled release date.' (発売予定時期を変更することにいたしました in the Japanese version.)
02-18-2021, 01:56 AM - 6 Likes   #75
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
IMO still too high. $1500 max
That's what is known as a pipe dream.
Closed Thread