Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 67 Likes Search this Thread
02-17-2021, 07:45 PM - 15 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 III "online touch and try" CP+ event open for registration. I'll attend.

Despite the disappointing news that K-3 III will be delayed, Ricoh will be hosting Zoom "Online Touch and Try" event during CP+ for a limited number of people, and they're accepting applications now.

K-3 Mark III | CP+2021 Special Site | RICOH IMAGING

They have 9 time slots on Thursday and 12 slots per day on Fri., Sat. and Sun., each is 20 minutes long, and they can accept up to 5 persons per slot. I reserved Thursday 14:00 JST slot (that's 9PM my time). I wasn't asked about generic CP+ registration, seems like this is decoupled from that. All I needed to do was to give them my email address and a few bits of information (where I live, sex, age group, that kind of stuff), I was asked to "pay" but the price was 0 JPY. The registration interface is all Japanese, but if you're really interested I can help.

This will be a Zoom session with a Ricoh rep and 5 participants, and we're supposed to ask questions via chat. Not sure if the rep reads/writes English. As such, if you have questions you'd like me to ask, just let me know.

(Added later.)
My report is available here: K-3 III "online touch and try" CP+ event open for registration. I'll attend. - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by kwb; 02-28-2021 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added the link to my report.
02-17-2021, 08:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So looking forward to hearing all about it.
02-17-2021, 08:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
I'll attend.
That'll be unique, look forward to your report.
02-17-2021, 09:01 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope you collect some great information!!

02-17-2021, 09:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Despite the disappointing news that K-3 III will be delayed, Ricoh will be hosting Zoom "Online Touch and Try" event during CP+ for a limited number of people, and they're accepting applications now.

K-3 Mark III | CP+2021 Special Site | RICOH IMAGING

They have 9 time slots on Thursday and 12 slots per day on Fri., Sat. and Sun., each is 20 minutes long, and they can accept up to 5 persons per slot. I reserved Thursday 14:00 JST slot (that's 9PM my time). I wasn't asked about generic CP+ registration, seems like this is decoupled from that. All I needed to do was to give them my email address and a few bits of information (where I live, sex, age group, that kind of stuff), I was asked to "pay" but the price was 0 JPY. The registration interface is all Japanese, but if you're really interested I can help.

This will be a Zoom session with a Ricoh rep and 5 participants, and we're supposed to ask questions via chat. Not sure if the rep reads/writes English. As such, if you have questions you'd like me to ask, just let me know.
Wonder if there are any restrictions on recording the session???
02-17-2021, 09:23 PM   #6
Pentaxian

45 slots x 5 participants per slot = 225 participants in total.

This is a very exclusive event.
02-17-2021, 09:33 PM - 4 Likes   #7
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Wonder if there are any restrictions on recording the session???
Don't hold your breath, I cannot record a zoom session until the host gives me the permission to do so. If I'm the only one in the session I'll ask if I can record and publish, otherwise I won't even bother as the Japanese are usually very sensitive to their privacy.

But I'll post everything I remember.

02-17-2021, 10:38 PM   #8
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

But I'll post everything I remember.
Thank you, that will be hugely appreciated
02-18-2021, 02:36 AM - 6 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

The webinars programme and their schedule is now available:

リコーイメージング CP+2021 Special Site | RICOH IMAGING

Some live conferences worth noting:
  • (New) Limited lens(es) - Tetsuya Iwasaki and Kazuo Ikenaga (26 February 18:10 JST and 28 February 11:00 JST)
  • J limited products - J Limited team members (including TKO I presume) (27 February 11:00 JST)
  • K-3 Mark III thorough dissection - Kimio Tanaka and Shigeru Wakashiro (27 February 15h40 JST)
02-18-2021, 06:32 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As such, if you have questions you'd like me to ask, just let me know.
I am interested particularly in usage of focus chooser joystick with eye on the viewfinder.
1. When using the joystick will it be displayed inside the viewfinder (the focus point that is chosen)?
2. Does the usage of the joystick change the focus choosing mode from automatic or the user has to change the mode from menu before starting to use the joystick?
Something like this.
I will be glad to learn how it works - If you think my questions are worthy
02-18-2021, 11:15 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The webinars programme and their schedule is now available:

リコーイメージング CP+2021 Special Site | RICOH IMAGING

Some live conferences worth noting:
  • (New) Limited lens(es) - Tetsuya Iwasaki and Kazuo Ikenaga (26 February 18:10 JST and 28 February 11:00 JST)
  • J limited products - J Limited team members (including TKO I presume) (27 February 11:00 JST)
  • K-3 Mark III thorough dissection - Kimio Tanaka and Shigeru Wakashiro (27 February 15h40 JST)
There's 2 on the 645 as well...interesting.
02-18-2021, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
[*](New) Limited lens(es) - Tetsuya Iwasaki and Kazuo Ikenaga (26 February 18:10 JST and 28 February 11:00 JST)
If anyone can post on the new lens information, that would be wonderful
traveler
02-18-2021, 04:18 PM   #13

I made the reservation too, just wondering how it works to touch and try ?
02-19-2021, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #14
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
I am interested particularly in usage of focus chooser joystick with eye on the viewfinder.
1. When using the joystick will it be displayed inside the viewfinder (the focus point that is chosen)?
2. Does the usage of the joystick change the focus choosing mode from automatic or the user has to change the mode from menu before starting to use the joystick?
Something like this.
I will be glad to learn how it works - If you think my questions are worthy
Thanks for your input Yaki, I'll think about how to state this.
02-20-2021, 11:32 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Thank you indeed.

And what if women would be the first targetted user-group for the new flagship ?