Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Hints about the timeline?
Later...

06-21-2021, 11:46 AM   #557
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
D FA*'s are fast, ultimate IQ so also big. Limited's are smaller, slower and follow a design philosophy of allowing more curvature to the sharpness / focal plane at wider apertures to enhance the 3D pop that the Limited's are known for.

A few ways of looking at it:
New look (sharpness across the frame) vs Older look (sharpness falloff, the further across the frame at wider apertures) or
D FA'*s target Zeiss and Limited's target Leica.
According to PENTAX themselves Limited is not neccesarily small, but the lens making the least compromises in user experience
06-26-2021, 12:28 PM   #558
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
According to PENTAX themselves Limited is not neccesarily small, but the lens making the least compromises in user experience
Any new FA* or Limited lens will show Pentax lens design at the top of their game. Looking forward to the new releases.
06-27-2021, 04:56 PM   #559
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Looks like the full list of new products to be released is

HD PENTAX-FA 31mm F1.8 Limited
HD PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
HD PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited

All in Silver and Black versions, available end of April.

Also the K-1 Mark II J Limited 01 in four color variations
- Black & Gold
- Vilidian (ヴィリジアン) - Not sure what this means at all. Might be a brand tie-up
- Scarlet Rouge
- LX75 Metallic

https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1363808122217787392

Availability is April 30. No photos yet.
Vilidian seems to be a green semi-precious stone, but Google search also served up a World of Warcraft character who was mauve and gold - either way I'll steer clear

06-27-2021, 05:15 PM   #560
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Yes, it is from about 20 years ago - from the film days. On the other hand the Limiteds are somewhat old school anyway.I
That may not be a bad thing. Some of the picture sof the Fuji 100GFX or whatever it is called do not appeal to me. Overly sharp. Good for forensics or art copies, of course, but not for me even if I could plonk down the money on the counter.

I need to do more testing but so far I seem to prefer my M 2/85mm over my Tammy 2.8/90mm which is not a bad lens by any means. It is AF which is helpful though. A 90mm is a very nice focal length when coupled with the 43mm on FF. This worked very well when I had a Contax G1 with the (brilliant) 2/45mm and 2.8/90mm.
06-28-2021, 02:48 AM   #561
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by saley Quote
Vilidian seems to be a green semi-precious stone, but Google search also served up a World of Warcraft character who was mauve and gold - either way I'll steer clear
Already explained at the bottom of page 1:
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
'Viridian is a blue-green pigment, a hydrated chromium oxide, of medium saturation and relatively dark in value. It is composed more of green than blue. Specifically, it is a dark shade of spring green, so it is the colour between green and teal on the colour wheel, or, in paint, a tertiary blue–green colour. Viridian takes its name from the Latin viridis, meaning "green"'

Viridian - Wikipedia

In French, we name it 'viridien' and also 'vert (green) Guignet' after the painter Adrien Guignet.