Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2021, 12:10 AM - 15 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Unofficial Guide to Ricoh Imaging CP+ Content

I was looking through the CP+ schedule and since I know several people are thinking of joining from overseas, I’ve put a kind of guide below.

CP+ is basically targeted at Japanese audiences and all the talks are normally in Japanese. The Ricoh website only displays CP+ information when set to Japanese and it disappears when you change to English. So I really don't see much evidence that this content will have support for non-Japanese speakers. However, quite a lot of the content seems to be prerecorded so there is some chance that they will add English subtitles. I just want to make it clear that this information is just to help people who want to try, and I'm not saying any of this will necessarily be understandable or entertaining as a non-Japanese viewer. Note also that Japanese photographer talks can be quite slow and abstract. It's not going to be like Youtube style.

Disclaimer over. I was particularly impressed to see that Ricoh got Daido Moriyama to take part in the talk with the now-retired head of the GR project. If you follow the content on the Ricoh websites, you may recognize some other long-time Pentax photographers.

The Ricoh Site
Ricoh’s site is here.
????????? CP+2021 Special Site | RICOH IMAGING
The main navigation menu below the top image shows (left to right)
- Online seminars (presumably how we see the videos when the time comes)
- K-3 Mark III (So far this is the registration for the “Touch and Try“ sessions)
- New Products/Reference Exhibits (content revealed on Thursday, 2/25)
- Theta (content revealed on Thursday, 2/25)

Ricoh Imaging Seminars
I’ve put a translation of the seminars below and grouped them according to interest area. I used automatic translation except a few that I had to fix up because they came out nonsensical. Most of them seem to be prerecorded and on the Ricoh site except where I put LIVE. Two of them are CP+ OFFICIAL. Note that to see the two CP+ OFFICIAL seminars, you need to have registered for CP+ in advance. You can do that here: CP+2021 CAMERA & PHOTO IMAGING SHOW 2021 It doesn't say that for the other ones, so I'm assuming anyone can access through the Ricoh website. Note that all times are JST, so you’ll need to figure it out for your time zone.

Pentax K-3 Mark III
2/25, 13:00-13:40 and 2/28, 17:10-17:50 - Yoshiaki Kobayashi - The attraction of the K-3 III - The latest report on the K-3 Mark III, with tips and tricks for those who are thinking of using it.
2/25, 17:00-17:40 and 2/28, 10:00-10:40 - Sho Niiro - A 645 User Discovers the Possibilities of the K-3 Mark III - Sho Niiro, who has been using the 645Z and 645D to capture urban landscapes, talks about what he values in his work and the possibilities he sees in the K-3 Mark III.
2/26, 17:00-17:40 and 2/28, 13:20-14:00 - Yu Yamauchi - The Relationship Between Myself and Photography: An Act of Questioning the World - For me, taking photographs is an act of questioning the world, and photography is the answer to that question. In this presentation, I will explain the process of sublimating an idea that I got from an accidental shot beyond my awareness into a work of art. I will also introduce my work with the K-3 Mark III.
2/27, 15:40-16:40 LIVE - Kimio Tanaka and Shigeru Wakashiro - A thorough dissection of the K-3 Mark III - In this special live conversation between Mr. Kimio Tanaka and the person in charge of planning, Mr. Tanaka will thoroughly dissect the K-3 Mark III.
2/28, 14:00-15:00 CP+ OFFICIAL - Koichi Akagi and Hideto Sasaki - Is there a future for DSLRs? - In this 60-minute talk, Mr. Akagi and Mr. Sasaki, editor-in-chief of the monthly magazine "Nippon Camera", passionately discuss the future of SLR cameras and the Pentax K-3 Mark III.
FA Limited Lenses
2/26, 14:10-14:50 - Keita Sasaki - Talking about the Three Sisters - The spirit of photography springs from a conversation with your heart. He talks about the spirit of photography he felt through his second encounter with the three sisters.
2/26, 18:10-19:10 LIVE and then repeated as a recording on 2/28, 11:00-12:00 - Iwasaki and Kazuo Ikenaga - Limited Lens Special Conversation - A conversation between Iwasaki, the current Limited lens planner, and Ikenaga, an expert on the birth of the Limited lens, talking about the new and old Limited lens series.
GR III related
2/25, 15:50-16:30 and 2/27, 12:20-13:00 - Thomas Hara - The Life Diary of a Photographer 〜 My Thoughts on Photography with the GR - From photographer Thomas Hara to all those who love photography. He will share his own backstory, his encounter with GR, and how he deals with photography to connect the past and the future.
2/26, 13:00-13:40 and 2/28, 12:20-13:00 - Ryo Ohwada - A New Daily Life and the GR III - Daily Scenes Captured during the Corona Outbreak - While showing everyday scenes captured with the GR III, I will talk about the role of photography in the Corona disaster. I will also introduce some useful functions for everyday shooting and examples of how to use tone control.
2/26, 15:50-16:30 and 2/27, 10:00-10:40 - Miho Komuro and Mina Daimon - Female Photographers Talk about "Everyday Snapshots Captured with the GR III - In this cross-talk session, the two female photographers will discuss how they capture the everyday life as seen through the GR.
2/27, 14:00-15:00 CP+ OFFICIAL - Daido Moriyama and Tomohiro Noguchi - GR Special Talk - Ex-Ricoh Noguchi talks to Mr. Moriyama, who continues to lead the world “snap” photography, from a variety of perspectives.
2/28, 15:40-16:40 LIVE - Kenji Takazawa and Osamu Kanemura - No Limit - All Photos are “Snap” photography - What is photography? What is a camera, and what is the significance of GR? The ever-changing relationship between photography, cameras, snapshots and art will be discussed by GRists Osamu Kanemura and Kenji Takazawa.
Other
2/25, 14:10-14:50 and 2/27, 17:10-17:50 - Takamichi Seo - Impression Colors~Capturing the subtleties of the mind - He will introduce his own photographic process of capturing beautiful light. He will talk about how he incorporates the emotions and emotions of the scene in front of him into his work, using many examples of his work.
2/27, 11:00-12:00 LIVE - J Limited Members - J Limited Live - This is a special talk live by J limited members. Please don't get too excited or get your hopes up.

If you prefer to see it visually, the GR Official blog site posted this image, with the GR related topics highlighted in orange.

From here: CP+2021???GR??????????????? ??????? | GR official | ??????????????

Last edited by JPT; 02-23-2021 at 01:09 AM.
02-23-2021, 02:55 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fantastic update, looks like a really interesting set of sessions.
02-23-2021, 03:04 AM   #3

I hope they will present new 16-50 along with K3III.
02-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Nice. I want to know what happens.

02-23-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cool!
02-24-2021, 07:11 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope the talks will be available as recordings later, with subtitles. I don't think my Japanese skills are up to technical photography talks.

The viewfinder display of the K3iii looks really nice.

https://youtu.be/nTlnd6XP9Oo?t=156

Last edited by RobG; 02-24-2021 at 06:07 PM.