Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 283 Likes Search this Thread
02-26-2021, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Presumably intended to allow for the DPR meandering bicycle test?
Who would even consider buying a camera that can't focus on a drunk guy riding a bike?

02-26-2021, 08:15 AM - 2 Likes   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Sorry, what rumored 150-600? AFAIK there's no such rumor about Pentax.
Yeah. Don't hold your breath. The 70ish to 300ish "Telephoto Zoom Lens" on the roadmap is likely to be only thing in the pipeline. And that's been on there for what, two or three years?

But now that a "rumor" has started in this thread expect to see it on the web...
02-26-2021, 08:20 AM - 2 Likes   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Unfortunately a phone won't give the sort of information the astrotracer needs. You'd need the O-GPS1, unfortunately. I was hoping to dispense with mine, but it looks like I won't be able to.
The O-GPS1 module would be a possible solution.

What about if the camera has a built-in compass and 3-axis attitude sensor? Those functions can be accomplished with very small chips. Then the camera would only need to get the geographic position from a nearby smartphone.

I believe that the K-3 Mark III does not carry a GPS receiver. But it could easily include integrated compass and attitude chips.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 02-26-2021 at 09:57 AM.
02-26-2021, 08:23 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Sorry, what rumored 150-600? AFAIK there's no such rumor about Pentax.
There was a rumour. Nothing certain a rumour. On this very forum.

---------- Post added 02-26-21 at 17:24 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Yeah. Don't hold your breath. The 70ish to 300ish "Telephoto Zoom Lens" on the roadmap is likely to be only thing in the pipeline. And that's been on there for what, two or three years?

But now that a "rumor" has started in this thread expect to see it on the web...
That rumour was on other thread actually.
Edit:going to try to find it when back on computer...sure, it is a rumour, and that’s that.

Last edited by repaap; 02-26-2021 at 08:33 AM.
02-26-2021, 08:45 AM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
There was a rumour. Nothing certain a rumour. On this very forum.
IMO it isn't a rumor if it's completely made up. Which I expect it to be.
02-26-2021, 10:24 AM   #81
Pentaxian

IMO it isn't a rumor if it's completely made up. Which I expect it to be.
Alright. I’m sorry about the inconvenience of occurred miss information. I’ll try to stick with more defined subjects from now on.
02-26-2021, 10:28 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Alright. I’m sorry about the inconvenience of occurred miss information. I’ll try to stick with more defined subjects from now on.
Apologies if that appeared rude.
The only issue here is that "rumors" tend to gain a life and grow indefinitely, even if at the beginning it was just someone expressing a wish. So I'd always ask for a source.

02-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Thanks for posting. Wish I knew how to speak Japanese.
You can activate auto subtitles in YouTube and change the display language to english.
02-26-2021, 11:58 AM   #84
Pentaxian

something which will tell me what that video will exactly do in this camera.
The only clue at the moment is the spec sheet on ricohs website.So,it appears a very basic 4K video capability,there may be a surprise at launch?
02-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
The only clue at the moment is the spec sheet on ricohs website.So,it appears a very basic 4K video capability,there may be a surprise at launch?
Yeah. I noticed already that it top out 24/30p 4K. And no more 50&60i with fullHD(good news) and mechanical SR(another good thing) these things could imply that there are atleast decent specs to take advantage of that SR and the fact that there is AF now(propably even continuous this time?) as I did see in one video, but it was in Chinese and quality was so and so(made with phone).
02-26-2021, 12:32 PM   #86

Photos: Albums
Well... Im definitely a Maniac! Pentaxian Maniac! Wohoo!
02-26-2021, 02:58 PM - 3 Likes   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Who would even consider buying a camera that can't focus on a drunk guy riding a bike?
Nobody who lives in the real world, obviously. It’s a situation I encounter on a regular basis, and forms a large subset of all serious photography.
02-26-2021, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Nobody who lives in the real world, obviously. It’s a situation I encounter on a regular basis, and forms a large subset of all serious photography.
I thought the practical lack of bicycles before the mid-19th century was the real reason photography didn’t really develop until after that...

Seriously, using the meter array as a basis for focus assist is pretty cool. It would be neat if that was saved with the metadata...

-Eric
02-26-2021, 04:35 PM   #89
Forum Member

Possible home run?

Wow, don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty happy about the amount of increased AF points the K-3iii. I totally welcome the increased AF points . With that many AF points, I'll be super curious to see what extra user customization they'll provide.

I am super, super curious on the high ISO performance on the K-3iii and can't wait to see further independent testing. I'm not surprised on the K-1ii high ISO not standing up well (if you think that's bad, I have a Nikon D800 which is more worse ) to what the K-3iii will be available. I'm fully expecting the new CMOS sensor will use copper wiring (Sony and Fujfilm new APS-C sensors have shown improved ISO performance compared to their non-copper wiring MILCs) and BSI technology to increase performance. Did Pentax move to a dual gain architecture for the K-3iii? Is there some secret sauce in the hardware?software? Exciting camera for sure and so many questions

Last edited by hayuata; 02-26-2021 at 04:37 PM. Reason: more thoughts
02-26-2021, 04:41 PM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I thought the practical lack of bicycles before the mid-19th century was the real reason photography didn’t really develop until after that...

Seriously, using the meter array as a basis for focus assist is pretty cool. It would be neat if that was saved with the metadata...

-Eric
If it follows precedence, it will. The metering array data is in the meta-data for the K-1 and I believe earlier models too. I've seen a post here that demonstrates a rough image from that data. It will only add roughly 1% to image file size..