Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 283 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2021, 01:59 AM - 1 Like   #181
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Basically using a F2.8 sensor instead of F5.6 means using a magnifying glass for focussing.
Technically, that is not correct.

There is no increase in magnification.

An f/2.8 AF base just generates a greater parallax effect than a f/5.6 base.
This means there is a larger shift (which of course helps with fine-tuning the focus), but no further detail is resolved.

03-02-2021, 02:06 AM   #182
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That is a full cm, but compared to the K-1 - which has the moon lander articulated LCD.
Same optimizations applied to a K-1 III - keeping the moon lander - would get us a bit less. Still, it would be nice, as the K-1 feels just a tiny bit too thick.
I think the biggest change in the shape of the body is the reduction of a significant part of the overhang of the prism cover to the front. In practical use, you need a lens there anyway, it doesn't matter too much, but I like how it resembles the flat fronts of film SLR cameras.
And considering the grip is the largest protrusion of the body, again - for a good ergonomical reason, I would not see a change of the mount, resp. flange distance, to have a big impact on the compactness of a still comfortable and ergonomic camera.
I could perfectly see a DSLR with a semitransparent but still reflex mirror for metering and AF while embedding this kind of hybrid VF system as sketched in this Ricoh Patent https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/16-pentax-news-rumors/508485...cal_system.jpg
03-02-2021, 02:22 AM   #183
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I think the biggest change in the shape of the body is the reduction of a significant part of the overhang of the prism cover to the front. In practical use, you need a lens there anyway, it doesn't matter too much, but I like how it resembles the flat fronts of film SLR cameras.
I like how it looks, too. And it should work a bit better with larger lenses, although I can't say I have such issues with my K-1...
03-02-2021, 02:39 AM - 2 Likes   #184
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me at least, that lack of front overhang, coupled with a much thinner body, will make a huge difference when packing this camera for travel. This will for all intents and purposes pack like the KP, but perform like (or in some ways better than) the K-1 Mark II.

Yeah, I know; as the Yorkshireman said: "I used to DREEEEEAAAAMMMMM of travelling!"

03-02-2021, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #185
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
For me at least, that lack of front overhang, coupled with a much thinner body, will make a huge difference when packing this camera for travel. This will for all intents and purposes pack like the KP, but perform like (or in some ways better than) the K-1 Mark II.

Yeah, I know; as the Yorkshireman said: "I used to DREEEEEAAAAMMMMM of travelling!"
On top of that, with the magnified viewfinder I probably won't feel the need for the O-ME53, so the protrusion at the rear will be less than the KP....
03-02-2021, 04:53 AM   #186
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Luxury. We lived for 18 months in a paper bag in a septic tank. All 123 of us!

I just wish I could visit Japan, or my friend could visit here. Unfortunately I'm a long way down the priority list for vaccination, there will be two doses, and the Japanese government doesn't much seem to care about vaccination.

Hopefully the Pentax supply chain issues will be solved and at least I'll have that K3iii when - someday - I can travel there again.
03-07-2021, 11:32 PM - 9 Likes   #187
Pentaxian

I don't know if it was mentioned, but there are some sentences on the shutter: rated for 300.000 exposures.

Attached Images

03-09-2021, 08:46 PM - 15 Likes   #188
Pentaxian

K3III officially released soon.
03-09-2021, 08:55 PM   #189
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Great! Did you get a hint from someone?
03-09-2021, 08:59 PM   #190
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very nice too hear.
03-09-2021, 09:04 PM   #191
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I hope you are right. It is definitely time.

I am very disappointed though that the KP has been discontinued. It makes the absence of a flippy screen on the K3iii even less justifiable.
03-09-2021, 09:10 PM   #192
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great news!! Soon?? How soon?
03-09-2021, 09:57 PM - 1 Like   #193
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I hope you are right. It is definitely time.

I am very disappointed though that the KP has been discontinued. It makes the absence of a flippy screen on the K3iii even less justifiable.
If you had any thoughts of purchasing a KP, you had plenty of time to purchase one.
The K-3iii is an action camera - users will have no use for a ‘flippy’ LCD;
Pentax will still sell the K-70 and K-1ii for those who insist on having a camera with a moveable LCD.

Last edited by reh321; 03-09-2021 at 10:03 PM.
03-09-2021, 10:04 PM   #194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New KP's are still available... get one while you still can!
03-09-2021, 11:38 PM   #195
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't know if it was mentioned, but there are some sentences on the shutter: rated for 300.000 exposures.
I thought Pentax cameras never had a problem with shutter durability. Did Ricoh mention in their video that they made sure the K3 III wouldn't have aperture solenoid failures?