Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2021, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Two Pentax film cameras on front cover of the last Photolife magazine

My last issue of Photolife arrived today - this excellent Canadian magazine has, unfortunately, gone out of business. The yellow cover shows two Pentax film cameras discussing the magazine's demise. One of them is a K-1000 (my first Pentax), the other I'm not sure but someone will be able to figure it out quickly.
Here's link to the Photolife website, though it doesn't show a full-size image of the cover.

Home - Photo Life

02-25-2021, 05:15 PM   #2
Closed Account

I'd say a combination of the internet (for information) and smartphones (putting the squeeze on camera sells) is putting quite a few photo publications at risk.
02-25-2021, 05:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lots of print magazines, not just photographic, have shut down, reduced issues, and even went to web only. I get Outdoor Photographer, even though I stopped subscribing a few years ago, the content is just not that good anymore. They need to have distribution numbers to sell advertising so they just give it away. Who knows how long it will hang on, the camera companies seem to be advertising less and less.
02-26-2021, 02:03 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I said in an other threat, this was a magazine, I would have been glad we had it here in Germany. The german magazines focus to much on hardware tests.

The camera on the right side of the cover is a ME super I would say. You can see the two buttons for setting the time.

02-26-2021, 05:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, ME Super, I think - the K1000 didn't have a self-timer. The other camera looks to be a Nikon, either a FM or FE maybe.