Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 187 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2021, 09:58 AM - 2 Likes   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
There are ambassadors for pentax all over the world. These guys get to try new products before they are released.
Indeed.

Here's a quote from Ricoh Imaging North America's Facebook page, 12 January 2021 (my emphasis):

"Please welcome our newest ambassador Rene Fisher to the Ricoh Imaging family! We are excited to have her use the new Pentax K-3 Mark III. Learn more about Rene and see her images on her ambassador page. Ricoh Imaging Ambassadors - Ricoh"

She lives in eastern Ontario, Canada, and shoots normally with a K-3 II. I haven't noticed any images from her taken with the K-3 Mark III, although I don't follow Facebook closely.

Hmmm... perhaps I could make the 3-hour road trip to her city and see if I could accidentally cross paths with her photo outing... check out her new camera... on second thought, their region is under 'green' COVID status, but I'm in a 'red' zone, so the authorities are discouraging out-of-region travel. Oh well.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 03-20-2021 at 10:23 AM.
03-20-2021, 10:52 AM - 1 Like   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Indeed.

Here's a quote from Ricoh Imaging North America's Facebook page, 12 January 2021 (my emphasis):

"Please welcome our newest ambassador Rene Fisher to the Ricoh Imaging family! We are excited to have her use the new Pentax K-3 Mark III. Learn more about Rene and see her images on her ambassador page. Ricoh Imaging Ambassadors - Ricoh"

She lives in eastern Ontario, Canada, and shoots normally with a K-3 II. I haven't noticed any images from her taken with the K-3 Mark III, although I don't follow Facebook closely.

Hmmm... perhaps I could make the 3-hour road trip to her city and see if I could accidentally cross paths with her photo outing... check out her new camera... on second thought, their region is under 'green' COVID status, but I'm in a 'red' zone, so the authorities are discouraging out-of-region travel. Oh well.

- Craig
Lol! Perhaps not that good idea...hey! Yeah, totally coincidence that we did meet...now that we are here, if I show you mine, will you show me yours. Camera. I mean camera K-3 which model did you have.
03-20-2021, 11:20 AM - 3 Likes   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Indeed.

- Craig
I chat with Rene from time to time. She's very down to earth and a great person to just have a chat with. She's under a very strict NDA/Embargo. She can't post images, or mention anything regarding the K-3 III be it technical, or otherwise. The moment she's able to share images/talk about the camera, she will. It's killing her not being able to showcase anything about the camera. All she's eluded to is that it's a significant upgrade all around (which we all already know), it's an exciting camera (which we already know). But she can't mention anything beyond that. Not even a ballpark date of release/pre-order. When she's out shooting where the public would be, it's with her K-3 II. The K-3 III is used in secrecy (not in an area of where the general public would be). I know the region where she is, tonnes of wilderness to hide in lol. I've thought about heading out there, but... You'd never find her unless you triangulate her smartphone signal , if there even is a signal lol.
03-20-2021, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Indeed.

- Craig
I just double checked her Instagram, and her last photo is the only one where she doesn't mention the camera model... although she does mention the lens. Coincidence? I think not!

03-20-2021, 11:29 AM - 1 Like   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
It's killing her not being able to showcase anything about the camera.
That's what I got from Kerrick James' post, as well. It wouldn't happen with an average camera, IMHO.
03-20-2021, 11:55 AM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I just double checked her Instagram, and her last photo is the only one where she doesn't mention the camera model... although she does mention the lens. Coincidence? I think not!
Huh? I just checked her Insta, and the Ricoh Pentax Insta. And both state K-3 II if you're talking about the Owl and Coyote Shots.
03-20-2021, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Huh? I just checked her Insta, and the Ricoh Pentax Insta. And both state K-3 II if you're talking about the Owl and Coyote Shots.
She changed it now!

03-20-2021, 09:34 PM   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's what I got from Kerrick James' post, as well. It wouldn't happen with an average camera, IMHO.
I agree. This is a camera that is leaps and bounds above anything we've from Pentax in the past. I think any other incremental update of a body we would have seen some sample images and settings etc by now from ambassadors. Completely not the case with this one. This reminds me of the Lockheed Skunk works team. Creating impossible jets for the military and not one person in the general public had a clue until they came out of the hanger and had their first public showing when they took flight.
03-21-2021, 12:44 AM   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
And what's the lense ?
03-21-2021, 02:24 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
And what's the lense ?
DA* 300 F/4 with 1.4 AW teleconverter.
03-23-2021, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #101
Pentaxian

Thanks
03-25-2021, 06:20 AM - 4 Likes   #102
Pentaxian

It's getting closer:

QuoteOriginally posted by Nokishita Camera:
ペンタックスの未発表アクセサリ「バッテリーグリップD-BG8」「ホットシューカバーO-HC177」「アイカップFU」が国内の販売店に追加されました。
Source: https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1374984279302701064

Translation: 'Unannounced Pentax accessories such as the Battery Grip D-BG8, Hot Shoe Cover O-HC177 and Eyecup FU are now available from retailers in Japan.'
03-25-2021, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Indeed.

- Craig
I started follwing her IG account after that post, and we've exchanged pleasantries there. I dont believe any K3 III photos were posted to her social (reserved only for the Ricoh Ambassador Page?).

BTW local B&M retailer indicates "probably Q3 availability"... so still a few months before Canadians can get their hands on one.
03-25-2021, 07:01 AM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
BTW local B&M retailer indicates "probably Q3 availability"... so still a few months before Canadians can get their hands on one.
Maybe mid-summer then, but hard to say whether individual retailers have a clear view on availability.

- Craig
03-25-2021, 07:06 AM   #105
Pentaxian

Reservations should start within a week :-)