Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 189 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2021, 05:00 PM   #136
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
us.ricoh-imaging.com indicate now price for K3iii: $1999,95 (where you can suscribe for updates).

03-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #137
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reytor Quote
us.ricoh-imaging.com indicate now price for K3iii: $1999,95 (where you can suscribe for updates).
Comes up to 1999€, tax included, in the RI German store. They are actually using the current exchange rate, huh.
03-30-2021, 05:13 PM - 3 Likes   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I had a similar experience with using a Fuji X-T20 and Pentax K-70 side-by-side. No problems with the Fuji's output - very sharp - but it just wasn't enjoyable to use. I sold my Fuji, too.
Likewise, I have an X-T1 which is a brilliant light camera, I then upgraded(?) to an X-H1 which was a nightmare because some idiot had put the Q button straight on the end of the thumb grip so that every time I picked the camera up to take a photo it went into the menu - it took them 3 year to decide to let you cancel that button. I couldn't wait that long so then I changed it for an X-T3 which as others have said I hated because of the handling - it felt heavy and ugly in your hand The reason they made it like that was to act as a heat sink for the improved video which I am not interested in.
So I bought a KP, loved it, and am now fully committed to Pentax - My pre-order is done for the Silver k3 III kit!
03-30-2021, 05:24 PM   #139

QuoteOriginally posted by wooly11 Quote
Likewise, I have an X-T1 which is a brilliant light camera, I then upgraded(?) to an X-H1 which was a nightmare because some idiot had put the Q button straight on the end of the thumb grip so that every time I picked the camera up to take a photo it went into the menu - it took them 3 year to decide to let you cancel that button. I couldn't wait that long so then I changed it for an X-T3 which as others have said I hated because of the handling - it felt heavy and ugly in your hand The reason they made it like that was to act as a heat sink for the improved video which I am not interested in.
So I bought a KP, loved it, and am now fully committed to Pentax - My pre-order is done for the Silver k3 III kit!
Where did you manage to pre order the premium kit?

03-30-2021, 05:34 PM   #140
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 8BitTim Quote
I don't know where he ordered from, but this UK site, Wex, has pre order up:
Search | Wex Photo Video
03-30-2021, 05:37 PM   #141

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
I don't know where he ordered from, but this UK site, Wex, has pre order up:
Search | Wex Photo Video
Nuts I was hoping somewhere in the us had a pre order up.
03-30-2021, 05:44 PM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First Pentax ambassador review also online in Youtube...

03-30-2021, 07:48 PM   #143
Pentaxian

No sign of it on the Australian site yet. Not unusual.
03-30-2021, 07:52 PM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
No sign of it on the Australian site yet. Not unusual.
The Pentax Australia Facebook page has said that the AUD pricing hasn’t been finalized yet, but they will update as soon as it is.
03-30-2021, 08:22 PM   #145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No pricing in Canada as of yet. Well, no listings either lol.
03-30-2021, 09:23 PM   #146
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I did say "for me".
No matter how much sensor real estate is available, I have found that 24mp pixels have more than enough information for me.

When I was scanning my collection of Kodachrome slides, I typically saved them as 3000x2000 pixel {basically 6mp} versions,
because I found that they were saving all the detail on the original slides, and I have no reason to fill my disk with pixels that
don't really contain any more information.
When I got my K-30, I took a few photos with the same Pentax-A 50mm f/1,7 lens I mostly used on my "Super Program",
and discovered more sharpness than I had ever gotten with film - so the lens was not holding film back.
Yes you did. And there is nothing wrong with that. I do personally like extra resolution and look of FF. As I Said. But also aps-c has it’s strenghts over FF which is more preferable time to time. This is how I see it and this is whyI’m interested of this particular camera. One big thing which can’t be overlooked is the fact that it is newest and super duper snappy...

---------- Post added 03-31-21 at 07:24 ----------

First Pentax ambassador review also online in Youtube...
It begins!
03-31-2021, 01:26 AM   #147
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In Norway, the price will be NOK 22.395 (USD 2.623) camera only. Info according to Fovi. That is the same price as in Sweden.
03-31-2021, 01:48 AM - 2 Likes   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 8BitTim Quote
Sorry guys, it was the middle of the night here in the UK, and I collapsed in bed after making the order from SRS I'm very Happy
03-31-2021, 02:49 AM   #149

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Comes up to 1999€, tax included, in the RI German store. They are actually using the current exchange rate, huh.
The link is: PENTAX K-3 Mark III

Availability "end of april" in Germany. The pricing is disappointing, it is the same as K1-II and 500,-€ more expensive than Nikon D500.
I was expecting 1,700 - 1,800€.
Seems that opens the way to a next FF around 2,500€.
03-31-2021, 03:12 AM - 3 Likes   #150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought there would be angst around the pricing.

Perhaps there are two things to consider. First of all, this is a camera which is a major step forward for Pentax. They made real investment in performance, in the viewfinder, and in particular, in auto focus function. It seems that the camera offers a level of image quality that is bordering on full frame caliber, at the least. You don't get these sorts of things for free and it seems that a 2000 dollar release price is where that is at.

The second thing is that release price and street price won't be the same thing a few months down the road. The D500 was released for a similar price and now sells for 1500 dollars. I wouldn't expect the K-3 III's price to drop over night, but I do expect the pricing in six to nine months to be 1700 or 1800 dollars in the US. Personally, if I needed the performance, I wouldn't let a couple of hundred dollars dissuade me from purchasing it at release. Having the camera in hand (and the images I would take with it) gives me more pleasure than the money in my pocket would, but that's me and I can understand someone else waiting for the price to drop a bit or even a few years for these to appear on the used market.