Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 189 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2021, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #196
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I think it's better to be a satisfied and happy Pentax owner, than to be a non-Pentax owner unhappy / unsatisfied about Pentax , especially difficult when new , state of the art , camera model just been officially released.
I hope everyone is happy with the K-3 III. It's certainly the best Pentax crop body yet.

03-31-2021, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #197
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I like how everything that can be seen as a clear advantage of the K-3III is "highly subjective" or "less value" but a statement of yours like "better camera" should work as a fact. You may shift your goalpoasts if you wish, I may just shake my head and accept that further exchange is useless. bye
Everything? The only thing I said was subjective was Image quality. Image quality isn't a stat you can directly quantify because it is something that is perceived visually. That is, based on opinion. It truly is subjective.

What is acceptable noise to you or I is likely different.

What we value in color reproduction is likely different.

Acceptable sharpness or detail is likely different.

That's different than saying something shoots at 7 frames per second and another shoots at 11 frames per second. Which is not based on opinion but a provable fact. It's repeatable. It doesn't change. It is truly objective.

The K-3 III is outputting the cleanest images I've seen out of a Pentax body thus far. I'm sure it will be a fine camera and a look at whats to come for Pentax.
03-31-2021, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #198
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
But the issue was about Nikon having an advantage if their lens line is 'frozen'. To which I'm pointing out, 'frozen' might be a favorable assumption - and the alternative might be discontinuing lenses, just like Canon seems to be doing.
Cameras... they just get obsolete faster, don't they?
I did not disagree with your thought that some Nikon users might feel abandoned - their AFZ adapter does not have a focus motor, and even a few months ago when I checked, the AF of a few of their lenses sold by B&H received power via a screw-drive.

I do disagree with your thought that if they switch to Canon they might be abandoned again, because I believe there are already in existence enough Canon lenses with in-lens motors.
03-31-2021, 04:17 PM   #199
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote

VR in long lenses apparently works better than in body SR, it also helps with framing and tracking due to the VF not jumping around so much.
Possibly also helps to provide the PDAF sensor with a more stable view, which IBIS cannot do.

03-31-2021, 04:18 PM - 4 Likes   #200
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
..... The point was most people don't consider their camera system like a mate......
mmmm.... let's test that assertion.....

"ooh.... I fancy that.... can I afford it....."

yep.... seems like the same selection process to me.....
03-31-2021, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #201
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
mmmm.... let's test that assertion.....

"ooh.... I fancy that.... can I afford it....."

yep.... seems like the same selection process to me.....
haha for the financially equipped for sure.

But we've already seen the hemming and hawing over price, in here alone, to see that people really do have difficulty with even a 200 dollar difference in what they anticipated.

Instead its "ooh I like that. Can I afford it?" [if yes then buy] [if not, then what are my other options?]

The second path goes both through current brand and likely considers others too. It possibly also involves waiting for the price to come down (in years) or waiting for a gently used copy to find its way onto the market.
04-01-2021, 12:10 AM   #202
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I did not disagree with your thought that some Nikon users might feel abandoned - their AFZ adapter does not have a focus motor, and even a few months ago when I checked, the AF of a few of their lenses sold by B&H received power via a screw-drive.

I do disagree with your thought that if they switch to Canon they might be abandoned again, because I believe there are already in existence enough Canon lenses with in-lens motors.
My point is, if Canon EF users would at some point feel abandoned (because of the diminishing product line), they would not feel comfortable with Nikon. Because Nikon is doing the exact same thing (switching to mirrorless).
It looks like Canon already started discontinuing EF products; they might try to more aggressively push their users towards buying new equipment (Canon R, they'd hope). Not all of them will be happy with that. And even the people clinging to their gear and relying on the second hand market, at some point will have to make a decision.

All Pentax has to do (I say "all", but it's hard work, as we've seen with the K-3iii) is to look like an alternative.

04-01-2021, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #203
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
Polin. But could be his April fool vid.

Keep searching. 24mp. A9II AF system. But cheapo LCD, folds out.
I google searched for this Polin guy's website, froknows or something - and wow! He made an entire website as an April 1st joke! With pseudo-articles, pseudo-videos, he even put on an April 1st joke hairdo.
At least... tell me everything in there is a joke. Please. Can't be real!

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 04-01-2021 at 01:02 AM.
04-01-2021, 12:52 AM   #204
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I google searched for this Polin guy's website, froknows or something - and wow! He made an entire website as an April 1st joke! With pseudo-articles, pseudo-videos, he even put on an April 1st joke hairdo.
At least... tell me everything in there is a joke. Please. Can't be real!
He's awful. Painful in fact.
04-01-2021, 01:10 AM   #205
Pentaxian

Lol parry! Good try. Hopefully they will come up with Sony, to have detachable shutter unit so one can fix it then selves...it better be near 2000 for that.

Anyway, back to k-3
04-01-2021, 01:23 AM   #206
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Lol parry! Good try. Hopefully they will come up with Sony, to have detachable shutter unit so one can fix it then selves...it better be near 2000 for that.

Anyway, back to k-3
Incidentally, my K-3 died after less than a year. So....
04-01-2021, 01:36 AM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's been said before, but it bears repeating - do we want Pentax to be cheap or to be competitive in core technologies? It would be lovely to have both, but this is the real world. For my money (which unfortunately isn't much at the moment, having recently moved from rented to owned accommodation ) Ricoh has chosen the right direction - they ill lose some customers, but they can't go on forever lagging behind in AF - if cheapness had worked, the market share would be bigger now.
04-01-2021, 01:43 AM   #208
Pentaxian

Incidentally, my K-3 died after less than a year. So....
That should be covered under warranty? right?
04-01-2021, 01:48 AM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
That should be covered under warranty? right?
If you have time to sort it out with extremely limited customer service in SE Asia and little more in the UK.

Not impressed. Not impressed at all. I feel we're being offered bits out of the parts bin at a price that's frankly insulting.

Last edited by gatorguy; 04-01-2021 at 03:35 AM. Reason: brand-bashing / off-topic
04-01-2021, 02:04 AM - 3 Likes   #210
Pentaxian

If you have time to sort it out with extremely limited customer service in SE Asia and little more in the UK.

Not impressed. Not impressed at all. I feel we're being offered bits out of the parts bin at a price that's frankly insulting.

Anyway, I've said my piece on this now. I'll not mention it again.
Look. This is first of all derailing this thread.

Second, if you are not impressed, it is not Pentax fault that you are more interested of FF mirrorless system. About bit out of partsbin is not accurate either. Everything from top to bottom is new design, included that magnesium alloy. And prism not met anywhere else.

Now IF we go to part bin sector, that is a nice row to begin with you just put up there.

Last edited by gatorguy; 04-01-2021 at 03:32 AM.