Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2021, 03:40 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 8BitTim Quote
Thank you Mike. All I needed to hear was that the autofocus was great. I'm sold
It's all that I can wish for for my upcoming wildlife photography sessions! Glad they finally nailed it and the K-3 mark II gives us a (more than) acceptable keeper rate!

03-30-2021, 03:42 PM   #17

My question is, will the premium kit go on pre order at the same time as the normal order on april 6th, or will we have to wait till late April
03-30-2021, 03:45 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Very promising early review. I really enjoyed your photos of the wildlife in the snow. Especially the buffalo creature -- lots of depth and a strong pose.

I noticed a shot or two near the start of the 'surfing' shots where they were out of focus. But 95% of them look there. I think Pentax might have finally done it.
Thanks so much, I was very happy with the conditions I had when I received the camera :-)
Actually those first images are perfectly sharp, it's image 8 that is a little soft. Seems my website is not too good at resizing... ;-)
03-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #19
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 8BitTim Quote
My question is, will the premium kit go on pre order at the same time as the normal order on april 6th, or will we have to wait till late April
looks like late April

QuoteQuote:
The PENTAX K-3 Mark III will be available in late April at www.us.ricoh-imaging.com and can be pre-ordered at Ricoh Imaging-authorized retail outlets starting on April 6 at 5 p.m. ET for the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1,999.95.

Ricoh is also producing two limited-edition kits -- the PENTAX K-3 Mark III Black Premium Kit and PENTAX K-3 Mark III Silver Premium Kit. These special packages include a camera body and battery grip (the Silver Premium Kit comes with a silver camera body and a silver battery grip that is exclusive to this package), plus an exclusive leather strap and a spare battery. The specifications of the limited-edition models are identical to those of the PENTAX K-3 Mark III. The Premium Kits will be available in late April for the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $2,299.95.
Ricoh's Pentax K-3 III 26MP DSLR is finally here: Digital Photography Review

03-30-2021, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We have a Golden Retriever, now I only need a K-3III
03-30-2021, 04:02 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Review by Mike. You will love it. Some stunning pictures there as well
03-30-2021, 04:16 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Only for the committed Pentaxian, according to DPR. It does seem difficult to compete with the Fujifilm X-T4 and Nikon D500 on specs alone.

Well, I'm interested. Waiting for the detailed reviews.

03-30-2021, 04:18 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Only for the committed Pentaxian, according to DPR. It does seem difficult to compete with the Fujifilm X-T4 and Nikon D500 on specs alone.

Mike's youtube review could be a good start
the images are stunning and his experience very upbeat
03-30-2021, 04:19 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you for the great review, Mike! I often wonder how much the temptation must be to have a new product like that in your hands, having tried it and found so much good about it, and then not be able to say anything at all yet. I loved your images as well. The camera sounds very promising. Looking forward to hearing from so many more once it is out in the public realm.

Your video is much appreciated!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mousehill Quote
I was fortunate enough to test one of the K-3 mark III's myself as well and made a first personal video impression of my time with the camera:
https://youtu.be/hH3tm8enm7c

Written review with sample images:
Pentax K-3 mark III Review ⋆ Mike Muizebelt Fotografie

Not to spill everything....but I was impressed!

Best regards,
Mike
03-30-2021, 04:21 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote

That probably shouldn't come as any surprise Paul. I'm interested too even though I can't come up with a compelling reason why I should buy one apart from simply wanting to buy it
03-30-2021, 04:23 PM   #26
Pentaxian

I was fortunate enough to test one of the K-3 mark III's myself as well and made a first personal video impression of my time with the camera:

Best regards,
Mike
Nice review! Thank you! Did you get to try eye AF? Does eye AF work with the VF or just live view? I don't know how it works. If it requires use of the CMOS then I'm guessing only live view.
03-30-2021, 04:31 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Best regards,
Mike
Thank you for the video, and also for the wonderful photos.
03-30-2021, 04:32 PM - 4 Likes   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just preordered the black premium kit.
03-30-2021, 04:34 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
One thing odd to me though -- 1 SD slot is UHS-II and the other is just UHS-I.
UHS-I can transfer up to 104 Mbyte/s. So with the JPG-Files beeing 15 Mbyte and the Buffer for 37 JPGs, up to 6fps without Buffer could be possible with UHS-I.
Since Slot 1 ist UHS-II, not much to worry about for RAW

OPM:
https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/de_de/mwdownloads/download/link/id/786/

Quick Start Guide:
https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/de_de/mwdownloads/download/link/id/801/

Last edited by angerdan; 04-11-2021 at 02:58 PM.
03-30-2021, 04:35 PM   #30
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
UHS-I can transfer up to 104 Mbyte/s. So with the JPG-Files beeing 15 Mbyte and the Buffer for 37 RAWs, up to 6fps without Buffer could be possible with UHS-I.
Since Slot 1 ist UHS-II, not much to worry about for RAW

OPM:
https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/de_de/mwdownloads/download/link/id/786/

Quick Start Guide:
https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/de_de/mwdownloads/download/link/id/801/
What's the UHS-II transfer rate and speed to clear the buffer with RAWS in the same burst rate? I suspect it would make a difference.
Closed Thread