04-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #346
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Where was that comparison?
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote

Yes, that is it.

Many New K-3 III Videos - PentaxForums.com

and to be more define, this is the post/video I'm talking about. It is not actually about K-3III video but he uses tha as pert of the rest of it. Colour looks great. How ever if I look it with pausing and all, it reminds me about old HD1080. So not sure what is bitrate. Good thing is that FHD should look very nice, even at 60 fps. This is a bit derail, but I'v shot quite a bit material with my BMPCC 4K in FullHD mode, althou 10- propres or 12 bit BRAW. Unless I need to crop it in post, it looks really nice. But then again, I have very good video cameras(one of them is going to be upgraded and I'll get gimbal too. But this K-3III will still propably be good for things I need it to be. Althou I'd like to have K-3III as behind the scenes cam and stuff like that for filming and pictures(when I'm doing video project). I'm mostly shooting with tripod.

anyways. That looked promising. Have a look. I suppose these things will be more and more in near future.

04-03-2021, 11:50 AM   #347
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Yes, that is it.

Many New K-3 III Videos - PentaxForums.com

and to be more define, this is the post/video I'm talking about. It is not actually about K-3III video but he uses tha as pert of the rest of it. Colour looks great. How ever if I look it with pausing and all, it reminds me about old HD1080. So not sure what is bitrate. Good thing is that FHD should look very nice, even at 60 fps. This is a bit derail, but I'v shot quite a bit material with my BMPCC 4K in FullHD mode, althou 10- propres or 12 bit BRAW. Unless I need to crop it in post, it looks really nice. But then again, I have very good video cameras(one of them is going to be upgraded and I'll get gimbal too. But this K-3III will still propably be good for things I need it to be. Althou I'd like to have K-3III as behind the scenes cam and stuff like that for filming and pictures(when I'm doing video project). I'm mostly shooting with tripod.

anyways. That looked promising. Have a look. I suppose these things will be more and more in near future.
I'm confused---what part of that Youtube shows the K3III's video samples? I'm missing something...
04-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #348
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Five years ago, the less well specified Nikon D500 was introduced at a higher real price than the Pentax appears to be introduced as, and Nikon expected to sell boatloads of them because the camera bubble hadn't burst yet.
So, it looks like Nikon was really just price gouging it's customers at the time, doesn't it?

People need to get over themselves and stop whining about the price. If Ricoh could have introduced it for less, they would have. I'm sure by now they know how price sensitive ( read this as cheap b@st@rds) their customer base is.
I agree with you that I should not whine about the price. I should have stated that the hobby that photographing is for me, is not so important to me that I will share out this amount. Other things are more important at the moment than buying a new camera.
04-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #349
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Something not mentioned is all the early reviews you've seen were done with beta firmware. It wasn't finalized (and may not be as of today) which is probably why you aren't seeing a lot of detailed examples of the AF or video.

04-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #350
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I got a "Kastar" USB charger for my KP - they run around $11 at eBay.
For twice that, I got a charger and a pair of batteries for my KP, and the larger batteries (third party, obviously, in both cases) for the K3iii are about the same price on US Amazon...

But that's also the "regular" USB or AC chargers that are not known for being fast, though even with the KP, three batteries will get me through a day in every situation I've come across so far...

Of course the typical trade with the third party batteries is a significantly shorter time before they won't hold a charge...
If I was shooting for a living, I'd probably stick with the OEM batteries... and the possibility of a faster charge through USB-C sounds intriguing...

-Eric
04-03-2021, 02:09 PM   #351
Pentaxian

I'm confused---what part of that Youtube shows the K3III's video samples? I'm missing something...
There is in total of 2 part of K-3III videos, in that video. It says 4K shot with K-3. I know. It is small fraction. But so far this is what we have. You’ll have to look it through.
04-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #352
Pentaxian

Pentax was known as the "poor man's Nikon".
But the high-end stuff was always pretty expensive. The price in Austria of the FA* 200mm f/2.8 which I acquired in 1995 corresponded to 3800 Euros in today’s money (I must admit that I got my copy quite a bit cheaper from Japan).

04-03-2021, 11:00 PM - 8 Likes   #353
JPT
Pentaxian

There is some coverage of the K-3 III on the Yaotomi Camera website.

First a detailed overview of the camera itself. To be honest, there is nothing you couldn't find elsewhere, but they do their own photos of the body, rather than copying the official Ricoh Imaging shots.
?????????????? PENTAX K-3 MARK III ???? !!! ????????? - ??????????by????????

This user report is more interesting. There are a number of samples and a video. They are all at low ISO unfortunately. Some of the images are taken with the HD Limited lenses. If you click the main images, you can see a larger, but still not full size image. There are a few where you can see the full-size image by clicking the small thumbnail.
?????? PENTAX K-3III @ review vol.1 ? ?? ???? 2021 ????? - ????

Sorry if this has been linked already in one of the various threads about the camera.
04-04-2021, 12:47 AM   #354
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote

First a detailed overview of the camera itself. To be honest, there is nothing you couldn't find elsewhere, but they do their own photos of the body, rather than copying the official Ricoh Imaging shots.

This user report is more interesting. There are a number of samples and a video. They are all at low ISO unfortunately. Some of the images are taken with the HD Limited lenses. If you click the main images, you can see a larger, but still not full size image. There are a few where you can see the full-size image by clicking the small thumbnail.

Sorry if this has been linked already in one of the various threads about the camera.
Thank you! I looked it up, and there was some nice pictures and nice video shot at FullHD @60p it did look quite nice actually! What would have been nice is variable ND, but that is not a problem.
04-04-2021, 01:16 AM - 3 Likes   #355
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Expanding on my previous thoughts, lot of people on here with K-5's, K-3's and this is aimed precisely at you. You've had serious value out of these cameras, let's say for arguments sake a minimum of 4 yrs, could be a lot longer could be shorter but majority will be easily 4 yrs. You've forgotten about the camera in that time and have concentrated on your photography or perhaps building up an arsenal of K mount lens. You might be looking for faster or more reliable AF, the iii has you covered, you might want better DR or ISO reach, the iii has you covered. Personally I always felt that the K-5iiS had a cleaner image than the K-3's but the extra MP and snappier use won out for me in the end. K-1 gave me back the cleaner image and double the MP but I lost the snappy usage. The iii gives you the best of both worlds. There are also those with K-50's, 70's and P's, the iii will be a step up in every way with possibly the exception of flippy screen. Overall though, I think the benefits totally outweigh the negatives. For those that moved to the K-1 series, well this is another addition to your arsenal for the FF lens you might have, the 150-450, 300, 70-200 now give the impression of greater reach but without the drawback or limit of 16MP crop and a far faster usage model. Its not a step back or step down but an additional use case.
Man.... I've already pre ordered one.... but after reading this I want to order 2 more......
04-04-2021, 02:24 AM   #356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Its not a step back or step down but an additional use case.
Or a solid enticement for the eventual K-1iii
(I don't do tele all too often)
04-04-2021, 02:55 AM   #357
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

€79 or €129 for the fast charging variant. Seeing as most of us should have a D190 charger lying about the place, no big deal. Type C charging can be pretty efficient with the correct cabling.
I probably have four different chargers. I don't even take them out of the box any more, but just keep using the older ones. Maybe I can make my fortune selling old chargers to new K-3 III owners.

I also owned something like this: amazon.com : D-LI90 Battery Charger for Pentax K-1 DSLR, K-01, K-3, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-7, SLR 645D Digital Camera + More!! : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20& that I used when I was traveling. It worked and it was faster than the OEM charger, but I was always worried that it would shorten the battery life. Anyway, I left it at a hotel and so now it is some other Pentaxian's charger, I suppose.
04-04-2021, 03:41 AM   #358
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am interested in a couple of things with this, say for example you create a portrait setup for U.1, program line will be to set the lens for small depth of field, I dunno set shutter speed to a minimum of 1/100s, can you then use the SFx button to enable or disable the RGBIR bit? Deep learning is mentioned, can you train the camera? My 5yr old daughter has gorgeous big blue eyes, so after I dunno 2000 shots, will it recognise the shape of her eyes and zone in anytime it comes across that shape for example? Or is the Deep learning back at Ricoh? I only ask the 2nd question because I'm looking at optical based ML/AI stuff at work and it requires a fair chunk of compute to train these for specific movements or models but something like a Nvidia Jetson appliance can do face tracking for cognitive services (IT speak for is someone happy or sad ) pretty easily on limited compute.
04-04-2021, 03:54 AM   #359
Pentaxian

I am interested in a couple of things with this, say for example you create a portrait setup for U.1, program line will be to set the lens for small depth of field, I dunno set shutter speed to a minimum of 1/100s, can you then use the SFx button to enable or disable the RGBIR bit? Deep learning is mentioned, can you train the camera? My 5yr old daughter has gorgeous big blue eyes, so after I dunno 2000 shots, will it recognise the shape of her eyes and zone in anytime it comes across that shape for example? Or is the Deep learning back at Ricoh? I only ask the 2nd question because I'm looking at optical based ML/AI stuff at work and it requires a fair chunk of compute to train these for specific movements or models but something like a Nvidia Jetson appliance can do face tracking for cognitive services (IT speak for is someone happy or sad ) pretty easily on limited compute.
Deep learning is being done by Ricoh. They will feed their computer with thousands and thousands pictures of let’s say eyes, it will process those and learn, and they’ll send that knowledge to you via firmware.
04-04-2021, 05:10 AM   #360

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote

Thanks JPT . These reviews are refreshing in thier approach and style. Keep those links coming.
Closed Thread