Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2021, 10:35 PM - 15 Likes   #376
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I must admit.... I am somewhat worried about the "deep learning" aspect of this camera. Possibly I might cancel my order (didn't know it had that capability).

My primary concern is that after a while.... once it has "learned" stuff..... it may not want to go with me anymore. I even preffer dumb dogs these days.... for the same reason. It took nearly 2 years of therapy when my dog unfriended me a few years ago.

04-04-2021, 11:32 PM - 1 Like   #377
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I must admit.... I am somewhat worried about the "deep learning" aspect of this camera. Possibly I might cancel my order (didn't know it had that capability).

My primary concern is that after a while.... once it has "learned" stuff..... it may not want to go with me anymore. I even preffer dumb dogs these days.... for the same reason. It took nearly 2 years of therapy when my dog unfriended me a few years ago.
Don’t worry, camera wont learn anything. It does come from factory with updates.

Edit: and you can turn subject tracking off, so it woun’t use Deep learned things at all.
04-05-2021, 02:21 AM - 6 Likes   #378
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote

Edit: and you can turn subject tracking off, so it woun’t use Deep learned things at all.
Thankyou for the heads up. Still, I'm not sure I want to be responsible for holding back a device's personal growth..... lot's to mull over here.....

When devices rule the world.... this could all come back to bite me on the bum...........
04-05-2021, 02:30 AM - 3 Likes   #379
bxf
Veteran Member

It took nearly 2 years of therapy when my dog unfriended me a few years ago.
For you, or the dog?

04-05-2021, 02:31 AM - 3 Likes   #380
Pentaxian

Noel, have you ever been mistakenly taken seriously?
04-05-2021, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #381
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thankyou for the heads up. Still, I'm not sure I want to be responsible for holding back a device's personal growth..... lot's to mull over here.....

When devices rule the world.... this could all come back to bite me on the bum...........
I really think that you don't need to worry at all. People on this thread are actually incorrect about what the term "Deep Learning" means. This has to do with a new focus of Pentax's -- Photography for Caving. Spelunkers everywhere are going to have a camera that is able to capture the rock formations in the deep places of the earth due to this new feature.

Us surface dwellers can still use the cameras, but it is only when we visit places like Mammoth Cave that the Deep Learning aspect will actually assist us.
04-05-2021, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #382
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
For you, or the dog?
I'm a sensitive old age guy.... after extensive therapy that wasn't helping.... a friend suggested I just don't feed the dog for a while..... worked a treat! We are best of friends for 2 minutes a day now!

---------- Post added 05-04-21 at 07:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Not since 2010 (retired then).

04-05-2021, 05:28 AM   #383

Ricoh also said that K1 has "deep learning" autofocus
In AFC, auto33 and sel2, sel3, seL4 have the effect of intelligent recognition and tracking
If you don't want to use it, you can use sel1 and auto9
04-05-2021, 06:05 AM - 2 Likes   #384
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm absolutely taking him seriously

I'm a sensitive old age guy.... after extensive therapy that wasn't helping.... a friend suggested I just don't feed the dog for a while..... worked a treat! We are best of friends for 2 minutes a day now!

---------- Post added 05-04-21 at 07:45 PM ----------

Not since 2010 (retired then).
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I have exactly the same feelings. I marvel at those who tolerate me---subjects for sainthood consideration, as they are already martyrs. And I try hard to be nice to my machines, most of which have gotten over their animosity of the inanimate, now that they are approaching sentience.
04-05-2021, 06:16 AM   #385
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lemono Quote
Ricoh also said that K1 has "deep learning" autofocus
In AFC, auto33 and sel2, sel3, seL4 have the effect of intelligent recognition and tracking
If you don't want to use it, you can use sel1 and auto9
I must really read the manual. Imagine Pentax built in an auto recognition for other K-series cameras and if they came into contact with another, they could swap ML models �� using WiFi or BLE. A forum for cameras if you will, they could grouch about their owners! To be a fly on the wall - THIS IS A WIND UP!

Last edited by robbiec; 04-05-2021 at 06:26 AM.
04-05-2021, 06:21 AM - 9 Likes   #386
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Name:  169039572_10223776038843993_1494368830556220446_n.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  73.5 KB
04-05-2021, 06:33 AM - 12 Likes   #387
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Are we doing a K-3iii price meme competition now?

04-05-2021, 06:54 AM - 2 Likes   #388
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pay 2000 for a K3-III get great autofocus and speed

Pay 1800 for a New K1 II and get a 36 MP FF sensor, flip screen and GPS.

There are other differences but that is the real dilemma I think. I'm sure that Pentax is well aware though and has figured that into there calculations. If you aren't a pentax user I can't see a lot of reason to switch. But if you are there are good reasons to stay.
04-05-2021, 06:57 AM   #389
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote

There are other differences but that is the real dilemma I think. I'm sure that Pentax is well aware though and has figured that into there calculations. If you aren't a pentax user I can't see a lot of reason to switch. But if you are there are good reasons to stay.
You did forget touch screen, huge upgrade in WiFi and BT(making actually very nice screen out of your phone) and actually very nice video. It is no more blotchy crippled FullHD. New material looks great, and it has movie SR...
04-05-2021, 06:57 AM - 4 Likes   #390
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote

Solid assessment. I would add that Pentax may be positioning themselves to give DSLR devotees a reason to switch if Canikon do completely give up on DSLR development.
Closed Thread