Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2021, 06:15 AM - 3 Likes   #631
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Haha, still completely missing the point. I'm talking about why a certain group of reviewers and consumers won't understand the pricing and features of the K-3 III and why comparing the K-3 III to a five year old camera that had "similar" specs and price won't convince very many people of the bang for buck the system provides.

*I* want Pentax to produce the GR of FF dslr's. Even more focussed on the basics of photography and honing that down to where almost nothing remains.
The K-3 III is priced exactly where you expect a flagship APS body to be priced; perhaps even a bit low. It is arguably the best APS DSLR yet conceived. Why anyone would expect it to be cheaper than cameras five years ago is anyones guess,..

04-15-2021, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #632
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
You forgot n = 01 !
Fixed now
04-15-2021, 06:34 AM   #633
Pentaxian

Ouch, is there any limit to Ignore list ?
04-15-2021, 06:36 AM   #634
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Read my posts and it shall all be clear. I'm not trolling, I'm describing the logic of gear head reviews.
I don't see what you stand to gain by these posts, people that are prepared to pay the price will and those that aren't wont so you are basically flogging a dead horse. As much as I do agree with quite a bit of what you say I must admit it is starting to look a lot like trolling now.

04-15-2021, 06:41 AM - 2 Likes   #635
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm talking about why a certain group of reviewers and consumers won't understand the pricing and features of the K-3 III and why comparing the K-3 III to a five year old camera that had "similar" specs and price won't convince very many people of the bang for buck the system provides.
I think I understand what you are saying.

Ricoh Imaging promoted the K-3 Mark III over a period of more than a year, including its initial announcement, a series of 'stories' and videos, and content at the virtual CP+ 2021. Most of the material focused on qualitative aspects instead of numerical specifications. Personally, I appreciated their approach and style, especially the personal presentations by RI's President and the K-3 Mark III development manager.

But, I can understand that many folks outside of the 'Pentax community' would have lost interest in the relatively long roll-out or the detailed descriptions of certain aspects of the camera. I think it's easier for those folks to simply compare specs of a few parameters, and move on -- such is their short attention span. It's also easier for many to discount DSLRs in favour of MILCs -- how could a mirror-slapping DSLR from the Jurassic period possibly be any good when you can't even see a histogram in the viewfinder?

From what I have read at various blogs and camera 'news' sites, or seen on YouTube, criticisms of the price have been short-sighted -- in general, reviewers have not paid much attention to the details of the camera, including its significant advancements. I doubt they've read all of Ricoh Imaging's descriptions, which they may find boring.

Fortunately, the K-3 Mark III will arrive with tons of attractive features and 'tech', and at an advanced performance level.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 04-15-2021 at 07:22 AM.
04-15-2021, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #636
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
There’s also the 645D and 645Z that use the same battery!
@phoebus already acknowledged them.
04-15-2021, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #637
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Closed Thread