Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 44 Likes Search this Thread
04-16-2021, 11:53 AM   #46
Pentaxian

These videos are reassuring in some ways. I doubt the new AF will be a limiting factor for me.

Big (for me) questions still remain.

Viewfinder. My eyes can be a bit picky with regards to viewfinders, so I'll have to try that myself. If it hadn't been improved, the K-3III wouldn't have even been a consideration for me. Previous Pentax APS-C viewfinders were too small and dim for my eye, and caused enough eyestrain to induce headaches.

Buffer. Rene Fisher mentioned that it could be an issue for some people. And since I doubt anyone showing fps and buffer on their videos had the camera set up the way I would use it at airshows, I'll have to get it and set it up that way and go do some testing. I'm not a fan of having a mix of slower and faster card slots.

04-16-2021, 11:57 AM   #47
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
It's a personal appraisal, but she has some good insights.
I really appreciated her video and her enthusiasm was really contagious!
04-16-2021, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Wow, the 16-50 is sharp handheld at 1/4 second. When you add the fact one of the Ambassadors took sharp DA*300 images of birds handheld at a 1/10 of a second the stabilization will be very noticeably improved.
Not just the SR mechanism, but the shutter and mirror assemblies were also redesigned to minimize vibration.

It's a pity these kinds of improvements don't translate well for Internet specification-gazers.
04-16-2021, 07:39 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Judging by Albert's FPS test, the K-3 III's buffer clears in about half the time as the K-3 II does... that's great.

04-16-2021, 08:48 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Podcast episode discussing K3-iii ?Latitude Photography Podcast: Shooting the Pentax K3iii with Matt Bishop on Apple Podcasts

Listening now. Starts around the 14th minute mark.
04-17-2021, 12:25 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
These videos are reassuring in some ways. I doubt the new AF will be a limiting factor for me.

Big (for me) questions still remain.

Viewfinder. My eyes can be a bit picky with regards to viewfinders, so I'll have to try that myself. If it hadn't been improved, the K-3III wouldn't have even been a consideration for me. Previous Pentax APS-C viewfinders were too small and dim for my eye, and caused enough eyestrain to induce headaches.

Buffer. Rene Fisher mentioned that it could be an issue for some people. And since I doubt anyone showing fps and buffer on their videos had the camera set up the way I would use it at airshows, I'll have to get it and set it up that way and go do some testing. I'm not a fan of having a mix of slower and faster card slots.
If you ever tried a K1, VF should be the same.
04-17-2021, 12:40 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If you ever tried a K1, VF should be the same.
Been using the K-1 for 5 years.

Even though it has been reported as a similar experience, I still need to get the K-3III in my hands and give the OVF a try with my eyes.

04-17-2021, 07:43 AM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
Been using the K-1 for 5 years.

Even though it has been reported as a similar experience, I still need to get the K-3III in my hands and give the OVF a try with my eyes.
Of course, I completely understand that. At least you know what to expect, that's good.
04-18-2021, 12:23 AM   #54
Pentaxian

There is also less distortion in K-3III VF. So it is bigger, but also looking better from edge to edge.
04-18-2021, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
I really appreciated her video and her enthusiasm was really contagious!
Yup, just watched the video, I like how it's not about the numbers. It really looks like Pentax knocked this one well right out of the park...