Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2021, 10:54 AM - 1 Like   #376
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bencoskater Quote
Anyone had the same issue? My k3 III froze, I couldn’t even turn it off like you can see on the picture. I had to remove and put back the battery to resolve the issue…
One other instance at post 130: Initial Reaction: K-3 III - Page 9 - PentaxForums.com

- Craig

05-02-2021, 11:03 AM   #377
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tmlawes Quote
I have a friend that is into dog agility. He let me test the AF-C of the K3MarkIII. I am very happy with the results. This dog was moving very quickly through the weave polls and there was plenty in the background to "distract" the camera, but it tracked the dog wonderfully. This is the full burst of photos. All of which were in focus.
Impressive.

Photog's skill as well as new camera ability.

Thanks for posting this.
05-02-2021, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #378
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
Shooting a motorsports event with the K5ii yesterday reminded me of the patience needed and the expected missed shots while waiting on the buffer to clear, even in single shot mode. I would be curious to see how the buffer on the the K3M3 fairs in this regard. I am certain it is much faster especially in the UHS-II slot. I guess my question is can the buffer clear fast enough in single shot RAW to not have to wait on it if shooting at a reasonable pace?
Even thought I never had the chance to do so with a K5II I did with a Kr, K5, K3, and K3-II and I feel you. Even on the latest post I made about ELMS, there is some images I was shooting at a corner where it was almost impossible to pan a car with the right focus on the K3-II with a fast lens (i mean a fast AF lens) as the Sigma 100-300mm F4. My mate had his D500 there with a regular 70-300mm f whatever high to f whatever higher and let me try, that was suuuuper easy to get in focus almost every single time. So yeah that is a good point. Even some years ago shooting on a Canon 7D MK-I and a regular lens (a 35-350mm lens from Canon) at a 24 hours race at night here in the same corner I wanted to get the brakes red and some flames and it was super hard to impossible to achieve with my K3 + Sigma 100-300mm f4, but with that Canon it was quite simple to do and on focus. I mean the Pentax was not even able to work with that. (on a side note I hate those Canons, they are big, all plastic and menus and names are weird to me).

So yes if the K3-III does a proper job, that'd be a superb step forward.
05-02-2021, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #379

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
So yes if the K3-III does a proper job, that'd be a superb step forward.
I think this what we are hoping for. I never upgraded the K5ii because for what I shoot, it didn't make sense for me. As thing are now, and what I am seeing here so far, I will more than likely be upgrading to the K3M3.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's always good to hear about real world usage from fellow photographers that share the same interests.

05-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #380
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know it’s not the thread for this. Anyone had the same issue? My k3 III froze, I couldn’t even turn it off like you can see on the picture. I had to remove and put back the battery to resolve the issue…
New camera model, potential for new glitches that should be fixed in the future revisions of it?
05-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #381
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know it’s not the thread for this. Anyone had the same issue? My k3 III froze, I couldn’t even turn it off like you can see on the picture. I had to remove and put back the battery to resolve the issue…

Did you do the firmware update?
05-02-2021, 06:46 PM   #382
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Did you do the firmware update?
Yes I did. This is the first thing I’ve done before using the camera in field

05-02-2021, 07:23 PM   #383
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well that sucks, if its recurring you may want to consider a return. I remember when I first got my K-3 original some photos where occasional way way under exposed. I didn't do anything but it just corrected itself. Perhaps it wont be an issue for you either.
05-02-2021, 07:38 PM   #384
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Which lens did you have mounted on the camera at the time?
05-02-2021, 10:43 PM   #385
Pentaxian

Propably just a bug. Things like this will be honed up with new firmware. When they emerge more while camera are out at the field now. That should not take too long..
05-03-2021, 01:13 AM   #386
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Propably just a bug. Things like this will be honed up with new firmware. When they emerge more while camera are out at the field now. That should not take too long..
Indeed, given the fact that the 1.01 was so quick to be released, I'm guessing Ricoh is hard at work and a v1.02 won't be far.

OTOH, even my K-3 IIs still sometimes freeze requiring the battery to be removed. This happens sometimes (rarely) when reviewing images zoomed in and moving around with the 4way controller. I've become used to disconnecting the battery quickly if that happens. Easy enough, except when the battery grip or an L-bracket is attached... Would be better if they never froze though.

Wim
05-03-2021, 01:23 AM   #387
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Indeed, given the fact that the 1.01 was so quick to be released, I'm guessing Ricoh is hard at work and a v1.02 won't be far.

OTOH, even my K-3 IIs still sometimes freeze requiring the battery to be removed. This happens sometimes (rarely) when reviewing images zoomed in and moving around with the 4way controller. I've become used to disconnecting the battery quickly if that happens. Easy enough, except when the battery grip or an L-bracket is attached... Would be better if they never froze though.

Wim
It would. My K-1 freezes sometimes. Very rarely, it usually is first sign I’v forgotten to update my FW...
05-03-2021, 07:48 AM   #388
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Which lens did you have mounted on the camera at the time?
DA* 300 F4 + TC 1.4

It would. My K-1 freezes sometimes. Very rarely, it usually is first sign I’v forgotten to update my FW...
If I recall it happened also to me when I bought it. I keep my cameras always updated. I never had it anymore.

For All,

The On/Off switch is electronically controlled by the chipset and is not between the motherboard and the battery, so it's clearly an issue in the Firmware and not physically.
05-03-2021, 04:52 PM   #389
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Propably just a bug. Things like this will be honed up with new firmware.
Well, my K-3 still does this and it is from 2013. Sometimes it will simply lock up and require the battery to be removed to reset. Quite a pain when shooting with the battery grip. None of the firmware updates have fixed this problem.
05-03-2021, 05:00 PM   #390
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
Impressive.

Photog's skill as well as new camera ability.

Thanks for posting this.
Thanks.