Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 481 Likes Search this Thread
04-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #241
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
does anyone know what this Italian person is saying?

04-22-2021, 03:07 PM   #242
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
https://youtu.be/r5kXUzDKDho does anyone know what this Italian person is saying?
Similar to other reviews; it works much better than the K-3ii, the joystick is very nice to use, the viewfinder is incredibly bright, contrasty and large. AF is very good, and the machine is "a tool for true photographers". All in all very positive.

Nothing too new I think...
04-22-2021, 03:33 PM   #243
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, about what I expected, another ambassador type review.
04-22-2021, 03:53 PM   #244
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah, I see. So now we’re dismissing any positive reviews as being an “ambassador type review”? Personally, I am quite happy that Ricoh is making sure that customers who are excited about these cameras get them first, rather than “review” sites known for an inability to provide impartial reviews. In multiple markets, we are hearing reports that the first shipments to major Pentax retailers are insufficient to fulfill preorders. It could be that the initial supply is quite small, but it seems that Pentaxians are quite excited about this camera. Those on the fence can wait a bit for reviews.

04-22-2021, 04:56 PM   #245
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey if you hit the lottery just buy us all one.
That would require that I be a very generous person. When it comes to money, I'm a bit selfish. lol
04-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #246
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Ah, I see. So now we’re dismissing any positive reviews as being an “ambassador type review”? Personally, I am quite happy that Ricoh is making sure that customers who are excited about these cameras get them first, rather than “review” sites known for an inability to provide impartial reviews. In multiple markets, we are hearing reports that the first shipments to major Pentax retailers are insufficient to fulfill preorders. It could be that the initial supply is quite small, but it seems that Pentaxians are quite excited about this camera. Those on the fence can wait a bit for reviews.
I don't understand how you can state that review (in quotes to dismiss their value) sites as being partial, yet can't see that ambassadors are by nature partial even more so.

We've already heard all the ambassador reviews, and they provided value. But it will be interesting to see what others, with a bit less influence from the company, say about it.

Maybe weigh the two and come to our own conclusions.
04-22-2021, 05:10 PM - 3 Likes   #247
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I don't understand how you can state that review (in quotes to dismiss their value) sites as being partial, yet can't see that ambassadors are by nature partial even more so.

We've already heard all the ambassador reviews, and they provided value. But it will be interesting to see what others, with a bit less influence from the company, say about it.

Maybe weigh the two and come to our own conclusions.
The video being discussed here is not an ambassador review. It is from someone enthusiastic who got their camera a day before the release date. I would never claim that ambassador reviews are impartial. My criticism was of taking a video from someone who is not an ambassador but rather bought the darned camera and lumping it into the same category as ambassador videos.

04-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #248
mee
Veteran Member

The video being discussed here is not an ambassador review. It is from someone enthusiastic who got their camera a day before the release date. I would never claim that ambassador reviews are impartial. My criticism was of taking a video from someone who is not an ambassador but rather bought the darned camera and lumping it into the same category as ambassador videos.
Fair enough. But they are pretty similar.
04-22-2021, 06:44 PM   #249
Veteran Member

Fwiw.... I reckon there are only 3 types of "reviews" that are somewhat useful..... non technical ones from someome who is familuar to you... so one can have some context of where they are comming from...... second type are technical reviews.... where the data is there to suppprt conclusions.... and possibly the third are "others"..... where through a volume of review findings, that support each other, are likely to be reasonable....(like statistics in a way)....

To date... most K3III stuff has been entertaining mostly.... and keeps hope alive.... next 4 weeks will tell.
04-22-2021, 06:46 PM   #250
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm like a kid before christmas over here
04-22-2021, 06:53 PM - 2 Likes   #251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
I'm like a kid before christmas over here
I barely slept last night, since I was worried about if my shipping address update was going to get processed so it would ship to work rather than my house, where no one would be. Got that taken care of, but now tonight may very well be the kid before Christmas night.
04-22-2021, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #252
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I barely slept last night, since I was worried about if my shipping address update was going to get processed so it would ship to work rather than my house, where no one would be. Got that taken care of, but now tonight may very well be the kid before Christmas night.
I'm excited for you, anticipating all the real life experience you will share
04-22-2021, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #253
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I'm excited for you, anticipating all the real life experience you will share
Looks like I can get out and shoot a baseball double header this weekend, which should give some nice real life experience to share!
04-22-2021, 07:07 PM   #254
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like I can get out and shoot a baseball double header this weekend, which should give some nice real life experience to share!
I plan to use that camera for that very purpose - are you pairing 55-300 or 70-200/2.8 or the 70-210/4 or maybe the 150-450? I'm very interested in what you will have to share.
04-22-2021, 07:17 PM - 2 Likes   #255
Forum Member

I don't want to gang up but this guy does not appear to be an ambassador. If his conclusions are similar to the ambassadors isn't that good? If it confirms what the ambassadors were saying rather than us just having to believe the ambassadors words isn't that a good thing. It's another data point providing additional evidence of several noted improvements identified by the ambassadors.

We all have to make our own judgements on ambassador reviews, assorted Youtube reviewers, user reviews and so-called expert review sites such as DPReview. Note: I no longer think much of DPreview but they are unfortunately an influential review site.

Anyway, I am happy the mythical K3 III is in hands of actual real people now. Yay!