Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 136 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2021, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&H has finally pushed K-3iii advertising to me!

Attached Images

04-07-2021, 02:59 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I cannot read anymore of this thread about all the pre-orders. You guys are killing me!

It will take me at least the entire summer to work through my appeal to AggieMom as to why I need this camera. I started once before but Pentax was taking so much time I was beginning to sound like the boy who cried wolf. I have to start again, and it will be a harder sell this time as she will tell me she has "heard it all before" and I am managing to survive just fine. I know. I misplayed my hand badly.

I wish you all great joy with your new K-3-III's.
04-07-2021, 03:03 PM   #48
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
I cannot read anymore of this thread about all the pre-orders. You guys are killing me!

It will take me at least the entire summer to work through my appeal to AggieMom as to why I need this camera. I started once before but Pentax was taking so much time I was beginning to sound like the boy who cried wolf. I have to start again, and it will be a harder sell this time as she will tell me she has "heard it all before" and I am managing to survive just fine. I know. I misplayed my hand badly.

the good news is that unless you wanted one of the Special Editions 1,000 Silver, 1,000 Black

you will be able to get your K 3 III when you can convince your spouse it should be bought

perhaps even at a lower price than those of us who pre-ordered the K 3 III now
04-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #49

I pre-ordered from B&H slightly under two hours after availability. Silver body/grip (my K1, K5iis, K5, K10 were all black). I am getting more involved with birding and wildlife, so I am hoping the improved AF will enhance my game.

04-07-2021, 04:56 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote

I'm debating leveraging the higher price of the K3iii to convince my wife I should get the K1ii since it's less expensive and FF. Then I'd circle back in a year and make a play for the K3iii.
04-07-2021, 05:01 PM - 10 Likes   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikecnorthwest Quote
I'm debating leveraging the higher price of the K3iii to convince my wife I should get the K1ii since it's less expensive and FF. Then I'd circle back in a year and make a play for the K3iii.
I told my wife that I had good news and bad news. I said, “the good news is that I love you very very much. The bad news is that the K3mark3 has been released for pre-order.” She asked if that meant I loved the K3mark3 more than her. I told her, “No. I expect the love to be pretty close to equal.”

It’s a good thing she has great sense of humor and is very supportive of my photography.
04-07-2021, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikecnorthwest Quote
Just a thought. In about a year, probably the K-1 III will come out. Might be better to get the K-3 III first and then in a year get the K-1 III.

04-07-2021, 07:07 PM - 2 Likes   #53

I received an email from B&H at 11:30 am Central time and ordered a K-3 III black body as soon as I saw the email (which was 12:44 pm Central). Their ordering system said it was first-come first-served.
04-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dadu007 Quote
I received an email from B&H at 11:30 am Central time and ordered a K-3 III black body as soon as I saw the email (which was 12:44 pm Central). Their ordering system said it was first-come first-served.
Awesome! Welcome to the forum!
04-07-2021, 08:58 PM - 1 Like   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I know the KP is plenty of camera for me for now, why do I read this thread........? It's too much like a siren song.
04-07-2021, 09:02 PM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
I know the KP is plenty of camera for me for now, why do I read this thread........? It's too much like a siren song.
Well, a lesser form of this camera {say, its focusing, but not its OVF} might be ready when you are ready to think about your next camera.
04-08-2021, 12:45 AM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tmlawes Quote
I told my wife that I had good news and bad news. I said, “the good news is that I love you very very much. The bad news is that the K3mark3 has been released for pre-order.” She asked if that meant I loved the K3mark3 more than her. I told her, “No. I expect the love to be pretty close to equal.”
Cross-posting with the Joke Thread?
04-08-2021, 02:07 AM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Despite their reps saying nothing to us in inquiries today, the clock has rolled and US preorders are now open at B&H and Adorama.

Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera (Black) - B&H Photo

Pentax K-3 Mark III APS-C-Format DSLR Camera Body, Black - Adorama
Thanks for the heads up
04-08-2021, 08:32 AM   #60
Pentaxian

Far safer than ordering some pretty silver coins on FB only to find that they stick to a magnet (not that I would know...).