Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 136 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2021, 10:36 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Adorama's email customer service claims they have no clue when they will be getting a shipment in, just to throw further mixed messages here. Why is it so hard to get competent customer service from a US company?

04-20-2021, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #92
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Adorama's email customer service claims they have no clue when they will be getting a shipment in, just to throw further mixed messages here. Why is it so hard to get competent customer service from a US company?
Both Adorama and B&H also said they had no idea when preorders could be done, only to start taking them the next day or so. They may know and can't say, or just not important enough to them to find out. Toss a coin.
04-20-2021, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #93
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
regardless which vendor says what

it isn't binding

04-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #94
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Both Adorama and B&H also said they had no idea when preorders could be done, only to start taking them the next day or so. They may know and can't say, or just not important enough to them to find out. Toss a coin.
or maybe Pentax won't/can't give them a firm date.
After waiting several years, several fewer or more days shouldn't make a big difference to any of us.

04-20-2021, 12:06 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
or maybe Pentax won't/can't give them a firm date.
After waiting several years, several fewer or more days shouldn't make a big difference to any of us.
Delivery dates for pretty much everything shipped to consumers nowadays needs to come with a ±2 day flexibility on it, so it may be that they're not certain when they will take delivery of stock from Ricoh Imaging USA. It's mainly just frustrating seeing other countries be able to give concrete dates (including for receipt of second shipment, in the case of SRS Microsystems), while we sit here with no meaningful information. (Also, I could really test out the new AF each of the next two weekends, were the camera to arrive by then. After that, it gets harder for me to find sporting events to shoot, although some of my friends have kids playing soccer and maybe I could find out when some of those games are happening.)
04-21-2021, 10:55 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Adorama has subtly changed their button for the K-3 iii. Instead of preorder, you now get an add to cart button. The text below it reads "New Item Expecting delivery from Manufacturer. Order now, your card will not be charged until it is ready to ship." B&H still showing preorder. Neither is taking orders/preorders for the premium kit at this time.
04-21-2021, 12:03 PM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got an email from Adorama saying that my K-3 Mark III is backordered. No idea if this means anything, or nothing, or if it's just an automated thing, or if this happens because they got them in the warehouse by some quirk of their shipping and receiving system they're going to all be shipped today, or if it's a coded message that Pentax gone into bankruptcy. But in the absence of actual information I thought I'd let everyone know.

04-21-2021, 12:07 PM - 2 Likes   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Just got an email from Adorama saying that my K-3 Mark III is backordered. No idea if this means anything, or nothing, or if it's just an automated thing, or if this happens because they got them in the warehouse by some quirk of their shipping and receiving system they're going to all be shipped today, or if it's a coded message that Pentax gone into bankruptcy. But in the absence of actual information I thought I'd let everyone know.
Cool, you're letting us know that you know absolutely nothing, just like the rest of us!!
04-21-2021, 12:08 PM - 2 Likes   #99
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the club

try calling customer service and see what they tell you

Stop calling them! You're completely ruining me thinking that the camera will be in stock any moment and it'll arrive much sooner than expected.
04-21-2021, 01:59 PM   #100
Veteran Member

B&H says they plan to ship early May.
04-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #101
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
This seems to be synchronised elsewhere - my impression is that none will be delivered before the first of May in Australia also.
04-21-2021, 03:25 PM   #102
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
Is that for existing preorders or new orders placed, say, now? SRS Microsystems in the UK says they will be able to fulfill their first batch of preorders this week, but then early May for the next round. Adorama's public site indicates that they are about to take delivery of their initial stock from Ricoh.
04-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #103
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
Is that for existing preorders or new orders placed, say, now? SRS Microsystems in the UK says they will be able to fulfill their first batch of preorders this week, but then early May for the next round. Adorama's public site indicates that they are about to take delivery of their initial stock from Ricoh.
the language om Adorama' s web site has changed -

QuoteQuote:
New Arrival - Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Premium Kit with D-BG8 Battery Grip, Silver
SKU: IPXK3M3SK MFR: 01083

Lens Included: Without Lens

Resolution: 26MP

Frames Per Second: 12.0 fps continuous shooting

Our Price
$2,296.95
Temporarily not available

New Item Free Shipping
. . .
Expecting delivery from Manufacturer. Order now, your card will not be charged until it is ready to ship
however what does that mean regarding a time when they will take delivery and get them out to customers ?

they have also started to list the K 3 III with lens combinations

Last edited by aslyfox; 04-21-2021 at 03:44 PM.
04-21-2021, 03:42 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It could arrive tomorrow, the day after, next week, the week after. Who cares? my K-3 must be 7yrs old now, in the overall scheme of things, inconsequential. You're all behaving like people from other brands, not the way its done in Pentaxia
It's the unwritten, unspoken part of the brand vision, tease, annoy, surprise, delight the users in every way possible. It's all part of the fun. They're a teeny bit eccentric, it's part of the game.
I for one wouldn't be in the slightest way surprised if the 21 arrived before the 16-50 and for extra giggles, the 16-50 is being held back to launch simultaneously with a new motored 50-135 that is not on any road map.
04-21-2021, 03:53 PM   #105
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
It could arrive tomorrow, the day after, next week, the week after. Who cares? my K-3 must be 7yrs old now, in the overall scheme of things, inconsequential. You're all behaving like people from other brands, not the way its done in Pentaxia
It's the unwritten, unspoken part of the brand vision, tease, annoy, surprise, delight the users in every way possible. It's all part of the fun. They're a teeny bit eccentric, it's part of the game.. . . .
I would agree if I wasn't trying to nail one out of the 1,000 K 3 III Silver Limited Edition

my fault I know but it is what it is

now if I was after the black basic camera knowing I could add the black battery grip down the road - - -

but I ain't