Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2021, 01:06 PM   #136
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I also have my UPS Next Day Air tracking number for Adorama. I need to give them a shout out, because I discovered late last night that they have a policy against allowing recipients to redirect their UPS packages (or have them held for pickup at a UPS Store). Since I knew it would be unlikely that I could be home tomorrow afternoon, I filled out the online customer service form asking them to change my delivery address to my work address. They had it done before I woke up this morning. (I actually called in this morning, thinking that maybe I sent the form too late, and when I had a rep on the line I looked at my order and realized it had been updated. Then I saw that there was an email in the middle of the night confirming the change.)
they did the same for me this AM

so the camera will be safe sitting at my local UPS shop and I don't have to worry about whether I am home to sign for it or not

04-22-2021, 01:07 PM   #137
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
. . .Looks like a few of us are in for an exciting weekend
I hope we are forgiven by those less fortunate

it isn't our fault
04-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #138
Pentaxian

Looking forward to the impressions from those of you getting your cameras!
04-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Looks like Adorama currently has the black K-3 iii available to order, while the silver model is temporarily on backorder (but can be ordered). Both premium kits are listed as on backorder, but without an add to cart button. B&H just has "Notify when available" buttons on all four. (B&H will, however, sell you a grip, so I'm going to take this to mean that they have sold out their initial order.)

04-22-2021, 01:21 PM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I also have my UPS Next Day Air tracking number for Adorama. I need to give them a shout out, because I discovered late last night that they have a policy against allowing recipients to redirect their UPS packages (or have them held for pickup at a UPS Store). Since I knew it would be unlikely that I could be home tomorrow afternoon, I filled out the online customer service form asking them to change my delivery address to my work address. They had it done before I woke up this morning. (I actually called in this morning, thinking that maybe I sent the form too late, and when I had a rep on the line I looked at my order and realized it had been updated. Then I saw that there was an email in the middle of the night confirming the change.)
I didn't realize I had the shipping set to my home rather than business until a couple of hours ago. If a signature is required then my wife will get the day off.
04-22-2021, 01:23 PM   #141
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I didn't realize I had the shipping set to my home rather than business until a couple of hours ago. If a signature is required then my wife will get the day off.
you could try to call Adorama there still may be time to have them redirect the package
04-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I hope we are forgiven by those less fortunate

it isn't our fault
It is our "fault".
We could have purchased one - but we didn't.
This will be an exciting weekend for you as you become familiar with your new K-3iii.
It will also be a exciting weekend for me as I use my familiar KP.

I had plenty of excitement two years ago when I got the KP - I need no more right now.

04-22-2021, 01:31 PM   #143
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
you could try to call Adorama there still may be time to have them redirect the package
Nope, being picked up by UPS as I type. Thanks for the suggestion tho.
04-22-2021, 04:52 PM   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I spoke with a representative from B&H this morning, she said my ordered K3III wouldn't ship until 4/26. However, I just got an email saying it has shipped. I checked the order status and it shows an estimated arrival date of 4/26!
04-22-2021, 05:02 PM   #145
Veteran Member

The photo stores must be a mess by now! I sympathize with them and their stress.
04-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #146

My order from B&H has changed from back ordered to order in progress. Whatever that means? Without a tracking number it is just different words on a screen.
04-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #147
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by idontstairs Quote
My order from B&H has changed from back ordered to order in progress. Whatever that means? Without a tracking number it is just different words on a screen.
Mine has too! For the DA*11-18 I recently bought from B&H, it said order in progress for a few days, but as soon as it said in transit, it arrived really fast.
04-23-2021, 07:06 AM - 6 Likes   #148
Loyal Site Supporter

My camera was just delivered. Unboxing....
04-23-2021, 08:06 AM   #149
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

!!!!!
04-23-2021, 08:13 AM   #150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
My camera was just delivered. Unboxing....
So... where are the ISO 102,400 RAWs of dogs chasing erratically flying hummingbirds? You've had an hour, let's get posting! We want results, and we want them now.