Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 184 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2021, 07:09 PM   #166

oh no, another week of wait

05-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #167
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
At this instant the CRK site says due on the 7th (but this will probably keep changing as it has been ) and the Pentax Australia site (same place anyway) says only the Silver kit will arrive on the 7th.
Bummer. I keep hoping for a shipping notification. I'm pretty sure that the Silver Premium kit says a date because it's the only one which isn't sold out of the initial shipment.

QuoteQuote:
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto. Probably due to our super efficient docks. I still don't understand why stock gets to the UK weeks before it travels the shorter journey to Australia (well, no doubt Pentax Japan puts the USA and UK higher on the list of deliveries, but still).
05-03-2021, 08:16 PM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Probably due to our super efficient docks. I still don't understand why stock gets to the UK weeks before it travels the shorter journey to Australia
They will be coming by air and it will all be down to airfreight capacity due to Covid (assuming we're not just a lower priority with Ricoh). The distance differences are pretty insignificant (in miles) Melbourne 5000, London 6000 and New York 7000.
05-03-2021, 08:33 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They will be coming by air and it will all be down to airfreight capacity due to Covid (assuming we're not just a lower priority with Ricoh). The distance differences are pretty insignificant (in miles) Melbourne 5000, London 6000 and New York 7000.
The bottom line is money , the population , potential customers?
how many millions in UK , how many in EU , how many in US and Asia?

05-03-2021, 08:37 PM   #170
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I guess it's not a huge weight but it's a bit bulky. I'm surprised that they would air freight them however.
Certainly the air freight is limited between here and Asia at the moment. I think the factory is in Vietnam? I know that ANA and JAL are still flying to Australia, but no idea if Vietnam Airlines are. I doubt that Qantas is flying any PAC freighters there. I just checked and VN772 is currently a third of the way to Ho Chi Minh City from Sydney, so yes, Vietnam Airlines are still available for air freight. It's a 787, but I doubt that it is carrying many passengers, so probably mostly freight.

---------- Post added 04-05-21 at 01:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
The bottom line is money , the population , potential customers?
how many millions in UK , how many in EU , how many in US and Asia?
With pre-orders you have known sales though, and it looks like almost all the stock is pre-sold. Yeah, I get that they will sell more in the US and Europe, but a sale is a sale?
05-03-2021, 11:23 PM   #171
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
from the linked article

I wonder what that means for the silver premium kits

a lot left

or none at all
A bit further they state:
QuoteQuote:
As delivery times for the PENTAX K-3 Mark III are expected to be delayed order your PENTAX K-3 Mark III immediately to be at the front of the waiting list for the next shipment, or to get the last PENTAX K-3 Mark III Premium Kit Silver.
So I'm still in good hope my Silver kit is on its way to me...
05-03-2021, 11:33 PM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I suspect they are saying the last one available to Australia. You position in the queue for Europe would be a different matter.

05-03-2021, 11:45 PM - 1 Like   #173
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I suspect they are saying the last one available to Australia. You position in the queue for Europe would be a different matter.
Actually, i_trax did link to that article on the Ricoh EU site, so it's information for Europe, or perhaps worldwide. But I'm rooting for all forum members, regardless what part of the globe they are from.
05-04-2021, 01:05 AM   #174
Pentaxian

A bit further they state:

I hope so too but I'm less less certain. I asked Ricoh because of my travel plans, but my questions remain unanswered. I don't want it to arrive when I'm not there to receive it
05-04-2021, 03:19 AM   #175
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . But I'm rooting for all forum members, regardless what part of the globe they are from.

me too,

I took it to mean that that those pre-ordered were safe, and those who wanted to order a premium kit now

better darn well hurry

first that is a WAG

second, it could be a sales pitch
05-04-2021, 05:30 AM   #176
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Haha, you should see what I sold over the last year or so I'm trying not to add any more to the pile.
Yeah, I'll need to proceed to sales too.
DA* 50-135, I really love you but...
05-04-2021, 05:33 AM   #177
Pentaxian

I would have expected the premium kits to be sold out - after all, 1000 worldwide is not that many. How many bodies will be produced all in all?
05-04-2021, 08:43 AM   #178
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
I would have expected the premium kits to be sold out - after all, 1000 worldwide is not that many. How many bodies will be produced all in all?
I am guessing quite a lot of the Silver and Black Camera bodies

the " bottleneck " is that they are committed to make only 1,000 silver battery grips, 2,000 special leather straps and 2,000 special boxes

I would be angry if they went beyond that, especially at a lower price than I paid for my silver premium kit
05-04-2021, 03:57 PM   #179
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
It appears that the black premium kits have sold out in Oz, and the silver kits haven't. I assume that CRK was pre-allocated a certain portion of the 1000.
05-04-2021, 04:13 PM   #180

I wish the stock can be arrived to Australia on this Friday and no more delay and CRK can send out the orders early next week and Australia Pentaxian can be enjoyed the new toys next week