Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2021, 11:48 PM - 1 Like   #361
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Excellent! Is that the PLM version of the 16-50? I'd be tempted to get that myself, although I'm quite happy with the 16-85.
Sorry for not being clear. Yes I am referring to the PLM version, and to the fact that I would like to have that lens ASAP, contrary to what I have on order, which I'm not in a hurry for. I do not have the DA*16-50 on pre-order, but I'm waiting for it nevertheless...

06-17-2021, 11:57 PM - 1 Like   #362
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Congrats!
Thanks
06-18-2021, 02:41 AM   #363
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Sorry for not being clear. Yes I am referring to the PLM version, and to the fact that I would like to have that lens ASAP, contrary to what I have on order, which I'm not in a hurry for. I do not have the DA*16-50 on pre-order, but I'm waiting for it nevertheless...
No doubt! I'm really keen to see someone try the DA^16-50 PLM with the K3iii with video as well as stills. But mainly video because it would be the first Pentax wide angle lens which fully supports the video features of the K3iii.
06-18-2021, 04:12 AM - 1 Like   #364
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No doubt! I'm really keen to see someone try the DA^16-50 PLM with the K3iii with video as well as stills. But mainly video because it would be the first Pentax wide angle lens which fully supports the video features of the K3iii.
I see. To be honest I have no interest in video myself. I once tried it on a trip. Whereas the basic idea I had was good (I think), I found it a lot more time consuming to get the shots I needed compared to still photography, very card space consuming and a lot of work afterwards. I never finished what I had in mind, decided it wasn't for me and moved on.

06-18-2021, 05:32 AM   #365
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K3 III is very tempting, but KP is doing very ok for now.
06-20-2021, 04:39 AM   #366
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I see. To be honest I have no interest in video myself. I once tried it on a trip. Whereas the basic idea I had was good (I think), I found it a lot more time consuming to get the shots I needed compared to still photography, very card space consuming and a lot of work afterwards. I never finished what I had in mind, decided it wasn't for me and moved on.
Fair enough. I like to record my trips with video and stills, and sometimes it would be nice to use one camera for both, but if I really wanted a video camera with interchangeable lenses, I would have made a different choice. I'm simply curious how the video of the K3iii will behave with a wide PLM lens.
06-20-2021, 05:20 AM   #367
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tighelander Quote
This is $1000 more than the last version, right?
This is more than the K1 Mark II, isn't it?
Coronavirus price tag.