Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2021, 07:11 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
i was just informed that Premium Black kit is confirmed ( my super 1st APR deal ) but ETA is not.
Other three kits are still due on 30APR but the Black Premium is not.
Also:
Pentax-D FA* 50mm f/1.4 SDM HD AW Lens Silver
all sold out , not available in Australia any more.
Did you order one i_trax?

04-07-2021, 08:23 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
yes , I did order Premium Black K-3 Mark 3,
and I did order Silver DFA* 50mm ( this one was canceled by CRK today as not available any more )
both were ordered during Easter super special
04-07-2021, 08:29 AM   #18
Site Supporter

I just got a pre-order email from Ricoh but no hint of MSRP which implies that if I have to ask, I can't afford it.
04-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #19

yes , I did order Premium Black K-3 Mark 3,
and I did order Silver DFA* 50mm ( this one was canceled by CRK today as not available any more )
both were ordered during Easter super special
What do you mean easter super special? the camera only came out monday and there was no sales or specials on it.

04-07-2021, 09:41 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The big question is, will there be a big discount on K3 Mk3s in a few months? Does anyone remember how the pricing of previous new models like the K1 changed in the months after their release?
04-07-2021, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JASMAZ77 Quote
What do you mean easter super special? the camera only came out monday and there was no sales or specials on it.
As I understand it some folks down under were able to pre order early and at a discount
04-07-2021, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Pentax.com.au had an Easter super special ( 1 - 5 APR ) 15 + % off on all Pentax gear.
I did get a bit over 25% off on the Black Premium kit.
In Europe it was available for pre-order from the 1st APR , in US from 6th APR.
In Australia , officially from the 6th APR , unofficially from the 1st APR - you just need to search for it.

04-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #23
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

The Pentax.com.au had an Easter super special ( 1 - 5 APR ) 15 + % off on all Pentax gear.
I did get a bit over 25% off on the Black Premium kit.
In Europe it was available for pre-order from the 1st APR , in US from 6th APR.
In Australia , officially from the 6th APR , unofficially from the 1st APR - you just need to search for it.
the forum members from Australia did post notice of their ability to pre order here at the forums

and now here I sit in the U S wondering how many, if any, of the 1,000 Silver Special Editions were left on April 6 when I was finally able to pre order one
04-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I just got a pre-order email from Ricoh but no hint of MSRP which implies that if I have to ask, I can't afford it.
I got a pre-order email offer early last week from Ricoh Pentax. Following the link it took me to their EU company site.
04-08-2021, 05:46 AM   #25
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I got a pre-order email offer early last week from Ricoh Pentax. Following the link it took me to their EU company site.
That is not very helpful, especially if you were going to do it.
04-08-2021, 05:50 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

That is not very helpful, especially if you were going to do it.
No it was not. By the way, where is "Florida Hill Country"? Lake County maybe? We did a shoot at the Howie Mansion somewhat recently.
04-08-2021, 06:00 AM   #27
Site Supporter

No it was not. By the way, where is "Florida Hill Country"? Lake County maybe? We did a shoot at the Howie Mansion somewhat recently.
Tallahassee as in the 7 Hills as well as Red Hills.
04-08-2021, 06:03 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

Tallahassee as in the 7 Hills as well as Red Hills.
Gotcha. I'd never heard the Panhandle described as hill country, but makes sense now.
04-08-2021, 07:08 AM   #29
Site Supporter

Gotcha. I'd never heard the Panhandle described as hill country, but makes sense now.
The Red Hills mostly refers to the strip through Leon and Gadsden Counties angling north towards the Alabama - Florida line just west of Ga and also into Ga to some degree. Tallahassee itself is made up of seven hills.
04-08-2021, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

The Red Hills mostly refers to the strip through Leon and Gadsden Counties angling north towards the Alabama - Florida line just west of Ga and also into Ga to some degree. Tallahassee itself is made up of seven hills.
Back in the day I had a girlfriend who was raised in Bristol, so kinda familiar from visiting the mom and sisters who still lived there. I was also a Gold Chief for a short time, so during football season I was a regular in Tallahassee. Then there was the crazy girlfriend at FSU I drove three hours every weekend to see for a few months. But in the past six years I've visited Tallahasse only once. Noles are a shadow of themselves, girlfriend days are long ago, and gosh it's a long drive from the Tampa area.

Geez the things we have no problem doing as kids.