Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2021, 03:25 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
. A cheaper camera will give you less....
Your mind may think that way,however there are a few cheaper cameras that give more than you are getting for U$2k.

04-17-2021, 03:44 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our business accountant thought I was mad for driving a French car. Of course, he paid a bit less for his Camry...
04-17-2021, 04:13 AM - 1 Like   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Specs tell so little. For example, they don’t tell of the purity of the colors I get from my KP. Even at “absurdly high” ISO values, the colors I see in life are the colors I get in my JPEG images. They also don’t say how well the camera’s controls fit my fingers.
I had to use the KP a while for my affection to grow this way.
A man of my own heart! I had been a Fuji convert since the Fuji X-T1 was announced which I loved. I then had a flirtation with the X-H1 and finally an X-T3, I also had all of the red star zoom lenses 16-50, 50-140 and 100-400. But, I had also started to collect Pentax Film cameras and a few lenses and in a mad moment bought a secondhand KP at a very good price and only 3000 actuations. I was immediately sold on the Pentax ethos, the ergonomics left the Fuji X-T3 for dead and what ever the scales say the KP feels lighter than the X-T3 and the pictures and colour just feel more natural and honest.
I rebought an X-T1 as a light compact system - which I love and have now order the K3 III Silver premium kit - Don't ask about lenses - I think we are now approaching 50 lenses - but don't tell the wife!!!
04-17-2021, 04:17 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wooly11 Quote
A man of my own heart! I had been a Fuji convert since the Fuji X-T1 was announced which I loved. I then had a flirtation with the X-H1 and finally an X-T3, I also had all of the red star zoom lenses 16-50, 50-140 and 100-400. But, I had also started to collect Pentax Film cameras and a few lenses and in a mad moment bought a secondhand KP at a very good price and only 3000 actuations. I was immediately sold on the Pentax ethos, the ergonomics left the Fuji X-T3 for dead and what ever the scales say the KP feels lighter than the X-T3 and the pictures and colour just feel more natural and honest.
I rebought an X-T1 as a light compact system - which I love and have now order the K3 III Silver premium kit - Don't ask about lenses - I think we are now approaching 50 lenses - but don't tell the wife!!!
Great hearing stories like yours. I agree, specs don't matter much when it comes to the satisfaction realized from a camera that just fits.

04-17-2021, 04:37 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Great hearing stories like yours. I agree, specs don't matter much when it comes to the satisfaction realized from a camera that just fits.
And that "joy" is exactly what Pentax says they are aiming at.
04-17-2021, 06:13 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Your mind may think that way,however there are a few cheaper cameras that give more than you are getting for U$2k.
Haters gonna hate, apparently.
04-17-2021, 07:00 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Yes, my KP gives me plenty for the $700 I paid for it.
However, some day I may decide I want better focus, and by that time I am hoping Pentax will have a camera for $1K that will do that as well as provide what I am getting from the KP
but none of this has anything to do with getting a K-3iii now in Australia.

04-17-2021, 07:43 AM   #83
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Everyone has an

Opinion

04-17-2021, 08:26 AM   #84
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Batman_ Quote
Biggest problem with Fujifilm is the x-trans sensor. Some love it but I don't.
I have no experience with it., so I don't really have an opinion on it.

---------- Post added 18-04-21 at 01:29 AM ----------

I was never quite sure whether Nikon was pumping them out as fast as they could, or whether they thought an artificial shortage would get people "off the fence".
There's genuine chip shortages.
04-17-2021, 02:52 PM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
IMHO if the buyer isn't particular about having IBIS, willing to overlook the ergonomics, and has no preference whether they use an MILC or DSLR then yes, I'd consider it a K3 III competitor. Owners seem to love them.
I didn't know about the absence of IBIS in that model. Surely that must have influenced DPReview's conclusion! Oh, no, it didn't...
I had just assumed it was the flagship model.
04-17-2021, 06:40 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I have no experience with it., so I don't really have an opinion on it.

There's genuine chip shortages.
This was several years ago.
04-18-2021, 02:46 AM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wooly11 Quote
Great story. And the ergonomics and joy are key. I still enjoy my KX film cameras. I still enjoy my TLRs. Enjoyment is a good selling point.
04-21-2021, 03:25 PM   #88
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

This was several years ago.
Oh. I thought you were talking about current issues with product delivery. Has anyone had any updates on K3iii delivery? I get the impression that even if CRK has received stock, they're not going to deliver any before the 1st of May (should I call a mayday?) so no market delivers before anywhere else. I wonder if any stock has been delivered in Japan? [edit] Yodobashi in Tokyo shows a sales start date of 23 Apr 21 (販売開始日:2021/04/23). It would be cool if CRK has stock and they're allowed to ship it tomorrow (not that I'll get it before next week anyway).
04-21-2021, 03:31 PM - 2 Likes   #89
Veteran Member

Oh. I thought you were talking about current issues with product delivery. Has anyone had any updates on K3iii delivery? I get the impression that even if CRK has received stock, they're not going to deliver any before the 1st of May (should I call a mayday?) so no market delivers before anywhere else. I wonder if any stock has been delivered in Japan?
Yes, stock has been delivered in Japan. In fact, some have been put in the hands of consumers already. (Just search on Twitter for pentax k-3 iii and you will get lots of Japanese tweets that you can have auto translated.) Lots of stores tweeting about having it to pick up on Friday. Ricoh Imaging USA has actually shipped at least one order to a US customer who ordered direct. He posted on Facebook that it was going to be delivered today, and then the delivery date got pushed to tomorrow. An authorized dealer in Muskegon, Michigan, posted on Facebook yesterday that they had two in stock, and they included a photo of one of their employees holding the boxes. Someone on Facebook who ordered from Adorama called them today to add a UHS-II memory card to his preorder (to be shipped with the camera body), and they told him they expected to check the cameras into the warehouse today and start shipping tomorrow.

In terms of Twitter, folks might enjoy this thread of images at progressively higher ISO values: https://twitter.com/singularityfree/status/1384833614966231049?s=21
04-21-2021, 03:48 PM - 1 Like   #90

Oh. I thought you were talking about current issues with product delivery. Has anyone had any updates on K3iii delivery? I get the impression that even if CRK has received stock, they're not going to deliver any before the 1st of May (should I call a mayday?) so no market delivers before anywhere else. I wonder if any stock has been delivered in Japan? [edit] Yodobashi in Tokyo shows a sales start date of 23 Apr 21 (販売開始日:2021/04/23). It would be cool if CRK has stock and they're allowed to ship it tomorrow (not that I'll get it before next week anyway).
I hope CRK will get the stock soon and distribute to us early next week.