Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 184 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
D-bg8 what ! No aa?

could someone prove me wrong , please!

Please Note. I already reached my magic “6” for today, This is actually the meaningful conversation.

05-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #182
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
could someone prove me wrong , please!
There is a youtube unboxing video which states that the AA carrier comes already fitted in the grip.
05-04-2021, 06:23 PM   #183
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

where?
I can find unboxing body only but not the Premium kit with the grip??
05-04-2021, 06:38 PM   #184
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

sorry no AA battery tray

QuoteQuote:
Description:
A weather-sealed battery grip for the Pentax K-3 III. The grip accomodates a D-LI90/D-LI90P battery and has room for a spare SD card. The grip provides an extra set of control buttons (shutter release, Smart Function button, AF button, AE lock, exposure compensation, ISO, and green) plus three e-dials and a joystick for selecting the focus point.

The battery can be charged via the USB-C socket on the camera.

Read more at: Pentax Battery Grip D-BG8 for Pentax K-3 III reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

this has been discussed elsewhere

the K 3 and K 3 II battery grip had AA battery tray insert
but not the KP battery grip

QuoteQuote:
Description:
Weather-sealed battery grip for the Pentax KP. Includes a tray that can hold a spare SD card. The grip accommodates a D-LI109 or a larger D-LI90 battery.
Read more at: Pentax Battery Grip D-BG7 for Pentax KP reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

05-04-2021, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #185
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes I do have grips for KP/K-3/3ll so I know.
But lack of AA tray in D-BG8 - that is criminal........!
05-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #186
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
sorry no AA battery tray
I swear I saw it but I checked and it's not in the video I thought so maybe I drifted on to another video with an older model. Sorry.
05-04-2021, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #187
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes I do have grips for KP/K-3/3ll so I know.
But lack of AA tray in D-BG8 - that is criminal........!

Yeah, this is particularly dissappointing as the reason I always get the battery grip is to have the back option of AA batteries in emergencies. You can't always use a charger, but even the most remote shops have AA on the shelf.

05-04-2021, 07:56 PM   #188
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, the due date still seems to be the 7th. Probably/maybe, of course that's a Friday and they don't work weekends so depending on when they arrive (if they arrive) they may not ship until Monday.
05-04-2021, 08:22 PM   #189
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
Well, the due date still seems to be the 7th. Probably/maybe, of course that's a Friday and they don't work weekends so depending on when they arrive (if they arrive) they may not ship until Monday.
Which comes back to the originally foreshadowed 10th. C'est la vie, I suppose.
05-04-2021, 08:47 PM   #190
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Yeah, this is particularly dissappointing as the reason I always get the battery grip is to have the back option of AA batteries in emergencies. You can't always use a charger, but even the most remote shops have AA on the shelf.
You make a good point but I always carry 2 or more L190 batteries extra myself. I have never used the aa battery grip for my K-3 II [I have 2 grips} as I can charge my Pentax batteries in my Jeep, a 120v outlet has been wired in....
05-04-2021, 09:36 PM   #191
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
You make a good point but I always carry 2 or more L190 batteries extra myself. I have never used the aa battery grip for my K-3 II [I have 2 grips} as I can charge my Pentax batteries in my Jeep, a 120v outlet has been wired in....
I also carry spare battery , but while you hiking through Cambodia you would not have your Jeep with you...?
05-04-2021, 10:31 PM   #192
Pentaxian

This is the reason I just bought 2 more spares, with a 15% sale on fleabay from DCXPERT a week or so ago.

I too have power in my Jeep, 240v downunder, we like to live dangerously , I suppose the new charger being able to run on USB helps, as is the ability to USB charge the camera, still, thats waiting time, AA's just pop straight in, and away you go again.
05-04-2021, 11:33 PM   #193
Veteran Member

where?
I can find unboxing body only but not the Premium kit with the grip??
Here's one:

---------- Post added 05-05-21 at 08:36 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
I hope so too but I'm less less certain. I asked Ricoh because of my travel plans, but my questions remain unanswered. I don't want it to arrive when I'm not there to receive it
Just got a mail from my B&M store that cameras were received at Ricoh (Belgium?) and that distribution would start, to be expected in store end of the week or beginning next week.
05-05-2021, 12:41 AM   #194
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

right, there we have a grip in this clip but AA batteries are not mentioned??
05-05-2021, 01:20 AM   #195
Veteran Member

right, there we have a grip in this clip but AA batteries are not mentioned??
Don't remember where I read or heard it, but I thought there is no AA batteries insert for this grip. If so I can check whether the one from the K-3 II's grip would fit, once I have my K-3 III. I haven't used AA's in years...

See also here: http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/accessory/battery/

This explicitly mentions the AA-tray for the K-1 and K-3 (II), but not for the K-3 III. Guess that would mean there isn't one...

Last edited by Ishpuini; 05-05-2021 at 01:28 AM.