Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 77 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2021, 12:34 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have asked Ricoh Europe to send the premium kit to another address now, assuming they'l ship it next week, as I'm travelling this Sunday, and having received no shipment notice, while the order states a 3-5 day delivery by UPS, it doesn't make sense anymore to expect it before the weekend.
Trouble is, I'm coming back after 10 days again.

05-06-2021, 12:48 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
one of the special Premium kits has met its production limits
Premium Kit / PENTAX K-3 Mark III / ?? | RICOH IMAGING
English version: Premium Kit | PENTAX K-3 Mark III | RICOH IMAGING
05-06-2021, 04:39 AM   #123
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
supply concerns

Timing is everything they say. With all the production issues created by Covid 19, I hope that Pentax is able to produce the K3 III in sufficient numbers to meet demand. I expect that demand will be significant.
05-06-2021, 06:35 AM   #124
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Yoda boy Quote
Timing is everything they say. With all the production issues created by Covid 19, I hope that Pentax is able to produce the K3 III in sufficient numbers to meet demand. I expect that demand will be significant.
Probably already more than they initially expected. It will be interesting to see if the demand for the new body continues for the remainder of the year.

05-06-2021, 06:43 AM   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Those are probably culls from the production of the pentaprism that didn't quite make the grade to get into a camera body. I think I remember one of the design team mention that they went through a good many during the initial manufacturing phase of the pentaprism. I can hear someone at Ricoh/Pentax "saying what in the heck are we going to do with all of these culls and someone else saying we can make ornaments out of them and sell them". Hopefully they have gotten more proficient producing the pentaprisms. It's a unique way to recover the costs lost of producing the culls.
I'd very much love to get one of these
05-06-2021, 06:44 AM   #126
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
My father's K-5 got stolen this morning. Now I have to buy a K-3 III so he can have my K-3...
Too bad...