Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 50 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2021, 03:52 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
The cameras have landed here already from Wednesday... If things were different I would go to play with one until mine arrives.
And here is Greece?

04-23-2021, 03:58 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
And here is Greece?
Yes sorry for not mentioning it

I will edit my message.
04-23-2021, 04:00 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Great! I believe Ricoh's European distribution center is in Belgium, so this may mean mine is on its way to me as well (pre-order confirmed 2nd April)... So I'll be keeping a close eye on my mailbox.

I did order it at the B&M store that I have been going to for decennia, and where not all the sales people are 100% in the digital age yet. So perhaps they won't get around mailing me immediately today. If so, I'll have a week-end of fun with my old camera, but I'll be silently jealous of all members that are playing with their mark III's.

Wim
Just got a mail from my dealer that my order is on its way to him
04-23-2021, 04:42 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Ricoh Imaging Square Paris (previously known as La Boutique Pentax) will receive tomorrow 23 April their first batch of K-3 Mark III cameras.
[Or] Later
That wouldn't have been the case if the plane hadn't landed in Germany...
And if we were in the pre-Covid era

04-23-2021, 04:44 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Got tracking number! Arriving today by 10:30 AM!

Edit: Delivery attempted but no one available to sign for it. But the UPS Access Point is located in a hardware store one block from my house. At 1:33 I got an email saying I could pick it up there. I took off from work for 10 minutes, dropped it off at home and came back to the office, where everything was on fire. Figuratively anyway.

I saw a T-shirt that read “Being an operations manager is as easy as riding a bicycle... if the bicycle is on fire, you’re on fire and everything around you is on fire.”

Last edited by Perfessor5646; 04-23-2021 at 01:13 PM.
04-23-2021, 04:45 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
Mine has flown EWR-SDF-OMA and is on the road up here to Sioux City. They should have just let you go out to SDF to pick it up as soon as it landed!
04-23-2021, 12:08 PM - 12 Likes   #37

K3 III 1/1000 F5.6 ISO 1600 HD DFA 150/450 50% CROP

04-23-2021, 03:19 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I think a camera shop owner knows how to measure demand.

---------- Post added 04-22-21 at 08:40 PM ----------

They carry a very large stock of Pentax cameras and lenses. They will not have ordered 10
Now that's the kind of shopfront I like to see.
04-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote

Edit: Delivery attempted but no one available to sign for it. But the UPS Access Point is located in a hardware store one block from my house. At 1:33 I got an email saying I could pick it up there. I took off from work for 10 minutes, dropped it off at home and came back to the office, where everything was on fire. Figuratively anyway.

I saw a T-shirt that read “Being an operations manager is as easy as riding a bicycle... if the bicycle is on fire, you’re on fire and everything around you is on fire.”
Did it happen?
04-24-2021, 02:07 AM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hoosierdome Quote
Just curious, high demand is based on what?
Come on, this discussion leads nowhere. Otherwise I should buy a K3 iii right away and sell for 50% on top on eBay. Pentax does well with the first shipment. Pricing is correct, cameras are selling, let’s see what happens after the first rush. Pentax can hardly increase pricing shortly after launch. They just collect as much money as possible to pay for further developments.
Pentax is offering a serious camera here, not the many features for low price model to attract newcomers. I really like this change of perspective and I also think that it is the only way to survive in a never shrinking market. We all like to pay less, but the package is just right if you are honest.
04-24-2021, 02:22 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Come on, this discussion leads nowhere. Otherwise I should buy a K3 iii right away and sell for 50% on top on eBay. Pentax does well with the first shipment. Pricing is correct, cameras are selling, let’s see what happens after the first rush. Pentax can hardly increase pricing shortly after launch. They just collect as much money as possible to pay for further developments.
Pentax is offering a serious camera here, not the many features for low price model to attract newcomers. I really like this change of perspective and I also think that it is the only way to survive in a never shrinking market. We all like to pay less, but the package is just right if you are honest.
I have been impressed with the number of Forum folks who have pre-ordered this camera despite angst over price and lack of GPS and flippy screen. Demand will never be super high for a 2000 dollar camera, but people aren't sitting on their hands and waiting for the price to drop.
04-24-2021, 02:52 AM   #42
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
. . . but people aren't sitting on their hands and waiting for the price to drop.
honestly speaking

I would have waited for a price drop had my wife and I decided not to leave it to Kismet and go for one of the Silver K 3 III Special Kits

I figured that the limited production and the special colored battery grip was worth it

so we rolled the dice and got lucky

of course, I have no idea if Pentax will sell out of the Silver K 3 III Special Kit or if the price will drop before they do
04-24-2021, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
Just got a mail from my dealer that my order is on its way to him
Nothing from my store yet, but I haven't contacted them yet as I'm not especially in a hurry anyway and have a busy weekend ahead of me. Perhaps the camera is already there, I'll find out Monday...

Wim

---------- Post added 24-04-21 at 13:41 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
honestly speaking

I would have waited for a price drop had my wife and I decided not to leave it to Kismet and go for one of the Silver K 3 III Special Kits

I figured that the limited production and the special colored battery grip was worth it
You've got to hand it to Ricoh. Their 1000 copies limited premium kit being the only way to get a matching battery grip with the silver edition, seems to have worked nicely to generate sales... Among forum members at least... Perhaps we're the only ones though?

Wim
04-24-2021, 05:28 AM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

black premium kit is already sold out, lucky i've ordered the silver one. My dealer has already received it.
04-24-2021, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #45
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Remember folks you could choose to add to the K 3 III serial number list

Pentax K-3 III Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com