Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2021, 10:26 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 III delivery tomorrow (UK) ?

According to the owner of SRS in the UK (major Pentax supplier here) they are hoping for their first delivery tomorrow.

To quote what he wrote on our little UK forum

QuoteQuote:
We are hopefully receiving our first batch of cameras tomorrow (courier dependant)

Demand has been very high so our first batch is less than we'd hoped so not all back-orders will be supplied but our next batch is due late next week.

Can't quite believe they are on the way - it's seems a long time since they were first talked about.....

Exciting times for the first wave.

04-22-2021, 10:36 AM - 5 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very high demand in the UK and huge demand in the US. Quite an achievement for an overpriced camera....
04-22-2021, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Very high demand in the UK and huge demand in the US. Quite an achievement for an overpriced camera....
Just curious, high demand is based on what?
04-22-2021, 10:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

High demand based on supply... which is zero in most places

04-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hoosierdome Quote
Just curious, high demand is based on what?
The quote from the owner of SRS Microsystems in the original post?
04-22-2021, 10:55 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SRS are a major camera retailer in the UK, they sell over 100 cameras a week (this was in 2013!) and a Pentax main store. It seems the demand outstripped supply.
04-22-2021, 10:55 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

But without knowing the numbers high demand could mean anything. Is SRS getting ten, a hundred or a thousands bodies this week.

If they are only getting 10 but have 30 preorders that could be looked at as high demand but you could also look at only 30 orders as low.

I always wished camera manufacturers would give their sales numbers broke down by bodies similar to how car manufacturers report sales.

Does anybody know when retailers are allowed to start shipping to customers?
04-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Non the less this is good news. Hopefully we start to get user feedback in the next week or so.

04-22-2021, 11:19 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
But without knowing the numbers high demand could mean anything. Is SRS getting ten, a hundred or a thousands bodies this week.

If they are only getting 10 but have 30 preorders that could be looked at as high demand but you could also look at only 30 orders as low.

I always wished camera manufacturers would give their sales numbers broke down by bodies similar to how car manufacturers report sales.

I've seen posts on Facebook claiming they've already received the camera. Someone here said B&H has them but won't ship until the 26th at the earliest. Amazon says the 29th...
04-22-2021, 11:21 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
When the K-1 was released SRS sent them out the day they arrived if I remember correctly. With it being a Friday though getting them delivered on a Saturday may be a big ask.
04-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #11
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

I had contacted my local supplier just yesterday and they said:
"looks like they are getting read to ship - with any luck will be here next week"
They are closed Mondays :|
really hope it gets here soon!
04-22-2021, 12:18 PM - 3 Likes   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've heard from members in the US that some orders shipped today. Looks like the camera is arriving right on schedule!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-22-2021, 12:19 PM   #13

SRS is the premier (but not the only!) Pentax dealer in the UK and I would anticipate that for the launch of the camera they would have ordered vastly more than "10"! Probably hundreds rather than 10s. The Premier kits in black are I believe now sold out in the EU but still possible to buy in silver. The cameras are now on special (back) order as pre-sales have obviously exceeded the supply that Pentax could send out. I'm hoping that as I ordered on 31 March from SRS, that it won't be long before mine arrives :-)
04-22-2021, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #14

Got mine coming tomorrow from Clifton Cameras, actually surprised how quick it's coming.

There's a good video on YouTube, comparing it against the a7 III and it stacks up very well.
04-22-2021, 12:25 PM   #15
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

ima have a tantrum if I don't hear from my store tomorrow......
too jealous!
:P