Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Chances of Holiday Pentax Rebate Program?

Any thoughts as to the chance that Pentax will put together some sort of holiday rebate program?

I am looking for some justification for buying the DA* 50-135 lens sooner rather than later!

11-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not from what I hear...

For the US market, I think we're limited to the extended warranty on the K20D camera body.... I'd like to be wrong on this, however. I know that our friends in the UK are enjoying some holiday cheer rebates from Pentax, but not in the US.

Too bad... with the current price on K20D bodies, all I need is one more ...little ...push!

germar
12-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I was visiting my favorite (but unfortunately high priced) camera store locally, and an individual there thought it could happen, that there frequently is a rebate this time of year. At the same time, black Friday has come and gone, and today (Monday) is suppose to be some sort of sale day on the internet, and no rebate yet as of yet!

All I need is a little push on a lens (or justification to my wife as to why I should buy it NOW)...
12-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nope. If it hasn't happened by now, it's not going to happen.

Last year, the rebates ran through all of 4Q of 2007. If they aren't out by now, I think we've seen all the price breaks we're going to see.

Now, the question is ... will the K20D STAY this low, or will we see prices creep back up? Current world economy indicates is may stay pretty low, I think.

germar

12-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #5

I just hope that pentax stays in business for 2009. I have a k100d super and k20d. I don't want a worthless body like my two pentax film bodys.
12-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hitechrr Quote
I just hope that pentax stays in business for 2009. I have a k100d super and k20d. I don't want a worthless body like my two pentax film bodys.
If they are worthless, would you give the film bodies to me?
12-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #7

If give you a reason to get it now, it's AWESOME!!! My favorite lens in my set up! I paid way more than the asking price now, but I'd do it all over again becuase it is that good.

12-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #8

I think I read something about the company Pentax has been using to administer their rebates having severe financial difficulties so I would have to guess no.
12-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by frogger Quote
I think I read something about the company Pentax has been using to administer their rebates having severe financial difficulties so I would have to guess no.
Not only Pentax, but many other companies used the same rebate company, Canon too, I think... "Canon made the following statement: "The third-party rebate processing company that implements Canon’s rebate program covering printer and camcorder products filed a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy petition on Friday, November 14. Any customer who has received a rebate check for these products dated prior to November 14, should not cash the check as it may bounce. Canon is diligently working on steps to ensure that eligible consumers receive valid rebate checks as soon as possible. More information will be available on our Web site by Friday, November 21.

"We understand this is an inconvenience to customers. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Consumers who have questions about our rebate programs should call Canon’s Customer Call Center 1-800-OK- CANON." (dpreview.com)

I understand (from a news article that I can no longer fine) that this company was not limited to Canon and Pentax, but many companies.

Jeremy
12-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeremy_c Quote
Not only Pentax, but many other companies used the same rebate company, Canon too, I think... "Canon made the following statement: "The third-party rebate processing company that implements Canon’s rebate program covering printer and camcorder products filed a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy petition on Friday, November 14. Any customer who has received a rebate check for these products dated prior to November 14, should not cash the check as it may bounce. Canon is diligently working on steps to ensure that eligible consumers receive valid rebate checks as soon as possible. More information will be available on our Web site by Friday, November 21.

"We understand this is an inconvenience to customers. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Consumers who have questions about our rebate programs should call Canon’s Customer Call Center 1-800-OK- CANON." (dpreview.com)

I understand (from a news article that I can no longer fine) that this company was not limited to Canon and Pentax, but many companies.
Jeremy
I read a story off Digg a couple of weeks ago that 2 of the largest rebate companys are bankrupt and another has stopped mailing checks. It also mentioned that many of the rebate checks that people have received have bounced. I think there was a thread posted posted on the forum about this recently also. Looks like rebates are a thing of the past.