Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 177 Likes Search this Thread
07-13-2021, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It looks like after a bit of a break due to the pandemic, we will finally have a chance to conduct our "CP+" interview with Pentax/Ricoh representatives in Japan.

Things have definitely changed quite a bit since our last interview in 2019. What do you think we should ask? Please post your suggestions here, bearing in mind that questions such as "when will product x be released" will not be considered.
Hello Adam, any planning on when to expect to see the report of this interview? Tx!!

07-13-2021, 07:45 PM   #197
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Hello Adam, any planning on when to expect to see the report of this interview? Tx!!
yes @Adam;
inquiring minds want to know what is going on.
07-13-2021, 11:44 PM   #198
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
The report will be posted as soon as the interview is conducted, which as far as I understand has been delayed due to the ongoing state of emergency in Tokyo

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-14-2021, 12:02 AM   #199
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The report will be posted as soon as the interview is conducted, which as far as I understand has been delayed due to the ongoing state of emergency in Tokyo
Thanks for the feedback Adam! I'm so used to working "virtually" these days that I assumed the pandemic not to pose a problem for an on-line meeting to conduct the interview. Guess that's not the way the Japanese work?

09-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #200

I'm quite pleased with my k-3 mark iii. After not getting the sigma full frame foveon, no Fujifilm X-H2, Canon R6 (meh). The Gen 2 Nikon Z6 isn't bad but it's still limiting all it features to native lenses FTZ wasn't included this time around.
I wouldn't mind knowing what's in store for the K-1 in general. We didn't get the Pentax hybrid VF/AF in the K-3 MK iii and to be honest the fact that Pentax dropped the entire new camera name for this line suggests it's something to keep us placated for a time while they work on something else. I'm not interested in another Ricoh GR like camera. The processing on the k3-iii is better and worse in some areas.

Q1: hybrid evf/ovf/af for the K1m3?

Q2: PNG image file format to fill the gap between jpeg and dng/pef?

Q3: general purpose telephoto Pentax lenses like the Sigma 60-600, or 60-600 sport. Not that i don't like the 150-450mm I love it.

Q4: I don't know what Pentax would go for in a new sensor for a k1mk3? However there isn't much point to more than 45Mpix in standard bayer pattern chips. The A7R4 is so slow and doesn't process it's sensor data particularly well.
Same goes for the Sigma FP or FP-l (aka photo oriented FP). Not that the FP doesn't take nice images, it's far ahead of Sony, however On One or Silkypix is about the only software you can process those images with. Lightroom cuts off way too much
10-31-2021, 12:24 PM   #201
Pentaxian

Hello, any progress since july for the interview's planning ?
I understand the nomination of a "new" President may have taken the date to a little bit longer.
10-31-2021, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #202
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Things are still in the works but certainly slower than expected!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #203
Pentaxian

I take it that the interview has not yet taken place?
12-11-2021, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #204
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Clearly this should be taken as a hint from our Japanese friends they are not interested in spending time on this type of interviews (prove them wrong). Pentaxforums should keep the honor to itself and not push this any further.

Last edited by Kobayashi.K; 12-11-2021 at 03:47 PM.
12-11-2021, 03:42 PM   #205
Pentaxian

If this is really the case, then that's pretty terrible on their part...
12-11-2021, 05:41 PM   #206
Pentaxian

It could also be that they are still working out a strategy with the new director.
12-11-2021, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #207
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote
Clearly this should be taken as a hint from our Japanese friends they are not interested in spending time on this type of interviews (prove them wrong). Pentaxforums should keep the honor to itself and not push this any further.
I don't think it's fair to assume all that. It's just that responding in English is going to a bit of a logistical pain for them, so I guess it keeps getting pushed down their list of priorities.

I would just suggest to just send a reminder and keep it polite. Also, remind them that they have a lot of dedicated users (how many PF members now?) overseas who are keen to have more engagement with the company. They have a soft spot for their fanbase, certainly.
12-12-2021, 01:52 AM   #208
Pentaxian

Should we think of updating the questions for 2022?

I'm not blaming anyone, I don't know what's going on and why it takes so long - but, Ricoh Imaging should know some of us are quite interested in these things.
12-12-2021, 03:51 AM   #209
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It isn't so they are not interested in the opinion of their customers, or not having time paying attention to them. It looks they have chosen for formats with a better return:

Pentax Meeting on Nov 27: Q&A about future products (nothing very specific) - PentaxForums.com

Pentax Meeting on Nov 27: K-3 III evolution (firmware and model variants) - PentaxForums.com
12-12-2021, 07:12 AM   #210
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote
It isn't so they are not interested in the opinion of their customers, or not having time paying attention to them. It looks they have chosen for formats with a better return:
That's Japan-only, though.
I think they should improve communicating with us - on the long term they'd lose, if a too Japanese-centric Pentax would slip from our minds.