Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2021, 06:55 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I don't get it. Why on earth would you need a spare pentaprism? Is this some kind of joke, or is it for real? If real, what's the point? What would you use it for? Scratching my head....
Shirley you jest??

07-17-2021, 01:02 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micl161 Quote
Someone like it will put it on the shelf, someone don't like it just put it to the trash box. No big deals !
Or send it my address
07-17-2021, 06:36 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Shirley you jest??
I'm serious... and don't call me Shirley!
07-17-2021, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess in a way a pentaprism is a work of art. I can see how some folks may admire it. It's just that they have been around for several decades so they don't seem special to me. Call me a Philistine. But don't call me Shirley.

07-17-2021, 01:09 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I don't get it. Why on earth would you need a spare pentaprism? Is this some kind of joke, or is it for real? If real, what's the point? What would you use it for? Scratching my head....
I believe these are the pentaprisms that didn't make the QC check. Pentax had a long and hard process to make it from special glass. I was surprised to find out I get 1. Joe
07-17-2021, 01:30 PM - 3 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joehenryd Quote
I believe these are the pentaprisms that didn't make the QC check. Pentax had a long and hard process to make it from special glass. I was surprised to find out I get 1. Joe
This could be their way of finding a good use for what would otherwise be 'trash';
Instead of dumping them in the landfill, they give them to collectors who will value them for years before passing them on to their heirs.
They are still a loss - but they make customers happy, so they get some benefit from their expenditure.
Book the 'bad prisms' under "marketing" instead of under "trash".
07-17-2021, 06:18 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is really neat - congrats!

07-18-2021, 02:46 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joehenryd Quote
I bought my K3-3 from Ricoh back in April. I received an e mail the other day asking me to review the camera on their web site. I did, and received an e mail asking me for my shipping address for a pentaprism. Of the 11 reviews, 6 are listed as verified buyers. So maybe Ricoh is saying thanks for buying from their web site? Joe
Very cool. Congrats!