Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
08-04-2021, 01:23 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
2021 Pentax Forums T-shirt Contest!

It's that time again, and long overdue- our annual T-shirt contest is back for a 2021 edition!

For inspiration, you may view prior designs on our Teespring store.

Theme: incorporate the PF logo (download here) in a camera, lens, and/or photography-themed T-shirt. Let your imagination rule!

We can print shirts in multiple colors. You may therefore submit light and dark variations of your design if you wish to support both types of material.

Deadline: October 11th September 15th 2021, by the end of the day your time

To enter: post each submission in a reply to this thread, as an attachment (be prepared to e-mail a high-res version if you're a winner)

You can choose to enter as many designs as you'd like.

Prizes: Each winner will each receive two free shirts shipped to their door, plus a Site Supporter forum account upgrade

Requirements and restrictions:

Do:
  • New: you may submit a front+back design this year, but please ensure that the front side can be used standalone
  • Only the central area on the front/back of the shirt will be printable. We can't print on the sides, above the neckline, or on the sleeves
  • Your design must include the Pentax Forums logo. You may alter the colors or make minor changes / additions
  • You may use specific Pentax product names and product logos (i.e. K-1, K-3, etc), and traces of official product photos, or any product photo found on PF's homepage
Don't:
  • Important! Your design can't have more than 10 colors (preferably 4 colors or fewer), so avoid the use of photos
  • Photos can NOT be printed - you must either vectorize the image or reduce the number colors
  • You may not use any other photo or work subject to copyright, without permission
  • You may not use the official Pentax logo font (type out Pentax instead)

Once we're closed to submissions, we'll have members vote to select the winning designs. We plan to pick three winners, but may opt for more if there are many exceptional designs.

I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Good luck!

This year, we will continue T-shirt production through Teespring. With two different fulfillment locations, simple storefronts, and prints every 3 days, shipping is cheaper and faster than it's ever been before.

To get you started, here are four top designs from the past 4 contests:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
2021 Pentax Forums T-shirt Contest!

Good news!

Last year's contest was my first time entering and I enjoyed it.
Give it a try, people. Your imagination will get a workout and you'll have some fun.
08-09-2021, 03:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll try this year, for the first time... It'll sure be worth the mental effort.
08-09-2021, 04:04 PM - 5 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll give it a go
Name:  ASAHI SHAPE PF.jpg
Views: 2464
Size:  44.2 KB

08-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #5

T-Shirt Design 1

Pentax T-Shirt 1:
Attached Images

08-10-2021, 11:05 AM - 2 Likes   #6

Entry Two:
Attached Images

08-12-2021, 05:07 AM - 4 Likes   #7
Inactive Account

Just for fun.
Meaning:
ペンタックスフォーラムドットコム = Pentax Forum Dot Com
大好き! = Like Very Much!
Graphic used for the camera is the chrome finish ME (from 1976 ?)

All in all it can be implied that "ME (whoever wearing it) like Pentaxforum.com very much".

Black version

White version

Last edited by tokyoscape; 08-12-2021 at 11:54 PM.
08-29-2021, 05:50 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Inactive Account

My last entry. Just get an idea while study the composition theories last night.

Black

White
09-02-2021, 01:14 AM - 3 Likes   #9

Hope you guys like my vector illustration for this contest. A Japanese Koi fish using a vintage Pentax ME. I tried it on both black and white tees and both looks good, right?
Attached Images

09-03-2021, 05:56 PM - 5 Likes   #10
Inactive Account

Come on people, send in some more idea!

My last of the last entry

Just an idea, It would be nice if people can order a t-shirt with the lens they like print on it.
This one is M28 f2 and the QR code is the url of the lens's review page.
09-03-2021, 07:35 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
Come on people, send in some more idea!

My last of the last entry

Just an idea, It would be nice if people can order a t-shirt with the lens they like print on it.
This one is M28 f2 and the QR code is the url of the lens's review page.
Very cool idea!!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-07-2021, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #12

It's that time again, and long overdue- our annual T-shirt contest is back for a 2021 edition!

Theme: incorporate the PF logo (download here) in a camera, lens, and/or photography-themed T-shirt. Let your imagination rule!

We can print shirts in multiple colors. You may therefore submit light and dark variations of your design if you wish to support both types of material.

Deadline: September 15th 2021, by the end of the day your time

To enter: post each submission in a reply to this thread, as an attachment (be prepared to e-mail a high-res version if you're a winner)

Prizes: Each winner will each receive two free shirts shipped to their door, plus a Site Supporter forum account upgrade

Do:
  • New: you may submit a front+back design this year, but please ensure that the front side can be used standalone
  • Only the central area on the front/back of the shirt will be printable. We can't print on the sides, above the neckline, or on the sleeves
  • Your design must include the Pentax Forums logo. You may alter the colors or make minor changes / additions
  • You may use specific Pentax product names and product logos (i.e. K-1, K-3, etc), and traces of official product photos, or any product photo found on PF's homepage
Don't:
  • Important! Your design can't have more than 10 colors (preferably 4 colors or fewer), so avoid the use of photos
  • Photos can NOT be printed - you must either vectorize the image or reduce the number colors
  • You may not use any other photo or work subject to copyright, without permission

Once we're closed to submissions, we'll have members vote to select the winning designs. We plan to pick three winners, but may opt for more if there are many exceptional designs.

I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Good luck!

This year, we will continue T-shirt production through Teespring. With two different fulfillment locations, simple storefronts, and prints every 3 days, shipping is cheaper and faster than it's ever been before.

Okay, one more...
Attached Images

09-13-2021, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's still time, folks!

An entry:

Name:  old border alt 2 & white 12.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  128.4 KB
09-14-2021, 11:16 PM   #14
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentaprism-theme

The second one uses 3rd angle projection, which is a standard in Japan, USA, Canada and Australia. If you're from the rest of the world, I hope you can swap top and bottom as well as right and left in your brain.
Attached Images

Last edited by kwb; 09-14-2021 at 11:23 PM.
09-15-2021, 02:32 AM   #15

Do:
Don't:

I know this design is product specific however using the Q series cameras was one of the most creative times of my life... so...
Long Live the Q!!
Attached Images

Closed Thread