Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2022, 12:16 PM - 1 Like   #226
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
I spy an Olympus Air with the charming little 17/2.8!
Well done! I thought this might be the hardest to spot
It actually never was officially sold in Europe, got one from the states at a bargain sell off price. As you might have noticed I often need remotely controlled cameras on a 3-5 m monopod... and both the GRs and Oly Air are great for that.

---------- Post added 01-21-22 at 09:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CraigR Quote
I bought the GR lll last October specifically to use on a trip to Venice and I had a blast with it - it is a fantastic travel camera.
Great pic!

I will be in Venice next week for a photo job with the GR IIIx.

01-22-2022, 12:21 AM   #227
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I don't want my case inventory to be the the thumbnail for the thread.
Maybe this?

(it's actually for the GR II and does not fit, but)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
MI 8  Photo 
01-22-2022, 01:01 AM   #228
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I don't want my case inventory to be the the thumbnail for the thread.
Maybe this?

(it's actually for the GR II and does not fit, but)
Interesting. Where did you get this ?
01-22-2022, 01:55 AM   #229
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Interesting. Where did you get this ?
one of the endless warehouses in Shenzhen (I assume), aka A..express. They have some nice ones for the GR III... will probably sooner or later add one.

01-22-2022, 03:12 AM   #230
Pentaxian

one of the endless warehouses in Shenzhen (I assume), aka A..express. They have some nice ones for the GR III... will probably sooner or later add one.
Thanks !
01-27-2022, 06:34 AM   #231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Please post pics upon your return. Very curious as I'll be in Rome, Siena and Florence in late October.
01-28-2022, 04:28 AM   #232

Well done! I thought this might be the hardest to spot
It actually never was officially sold in Europe, got one from the states at a bargain sell off price. As you might have noticed I often need remotely controlled cameras on a 3-5 m monopod... and both the GRs and Oly Air are great for that.

---------- Post added 01-21-22 at 09:19 PM ----------

Great pic!

Thank you! I'll be there again at the end of March - I hope you had/are having a great time, Venice is such an incredible city and I never get bored of going there.

02-06-2022, 01:12 PM - 2 Likes   #233
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1st attempts GRIIIx
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR IIIx  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR IIIx  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR IIIx  Photo 
02-06-2022, 02:25 PM   #234

How do you like it?
02-06-2022, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CraigR Quote
How do you like it?
Really liking it so far. I've got to get more adept at tweaking the settings for low light. The easiest functionally on the camera is probably exposure compensation, maybe white bal adjust. I was in P mode. Next outing I'll try Aperture or Shutter mode.
04-29-2022, 11:45 PM - 2 Likes   #236
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
My wheel is acting up as well. Tell me, does yours skip around if you only scroll with your finger in the top portion of the wheel? When I scroll from about 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock, not moving my finger past these points, it doesn't skip. If I slide my finger around to 3-6 o'clock, it skips around. Something about the pressure on the wheel in that portion of the 4-way controller, I am thinking. Wondering if this is just a foible of my particular camera.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
... It doesn't matter were I turn the wheel on my GRIII it skips forward and back adjusting ISO, Manual focus etc. The wheel was always a little touchy but now it is just malfunctioning. The GR needs less of these wheels, adjustment levers, and buttons not more. The GRIII is even worse than the GRII at randomly changing settings from aperture/shutter settings, manual focus to drive modes....
Sorry to necro-post on this thread a slight bit, but I came across a number sky-is-falling videos on Youtube earlier this evening about this wheel "issue" or "failure" etc. Some were even talking about having it repaired under warranty and others had sent it for such. That's bananas. I responded to a couple and popped in here to see if anyone had brought it up in this way.

This problem is nothing but a dirty contact in the control. One or possibly two (if it's really gunked in there) quick applications of some e-contact cleaner will sort it in a few mintues. Happened to mine a year or more back. I hit it with the can of cleaner and it was fine. It's just a dirty contact (in a spot that is very prone to dirt/debris/finger oil mixing together).

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
....A second question when using the "new" auto-ISO function the wheel becomes set to control exposure compensation. I can not find where to turn this off when using auto-ISO. When using auto-ISO exposure compensation is randomly changing all the time as the wheel is active to control it at the slightest touch.
If I'm understanding this correctly, all you need to do once you've selected auto-ISO (with the Fn button after you've entered ISO control/adjustment by pressing left on the wheel) is to press to the left on the wheel again to exit the control. (Or I could be entirely mistaking what you're describing. I dunno - I use auto-ISO all the time and the wheel is not active.)

Cheers all. Just wanted to spread some help if possible.
05-02-2022, 10:58 AM   #237
Pentaxian

It may indeed just be a dirty contact, but that doesn't mean it is readily fixed. My previous camera's wheel was not fixed with compressed air or spray lubricant. Current one has no issues. It may be that we need to figure out how to open the back of the camera and deal with it that way if it's extra stubborn. I'm glad yours was so easily fixed.
05-06-2022, 09:27 AM   #238

Interesting!!