Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2021, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #211
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
Not I, are you experiencing it in every mode or just certain modes? The user made allow you to set up different functions for the Fn buttons so that could potentially cause some confusion.
I just tried it again, and succeeded.
I believe some momentaneous bug did appear

12-28-2021, 05:22 PM   #212
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice family pic
12-28-2021, 09:14 PM   #213
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote

Yum! I just got the bronze ring for the x myself. Sexy color!
12-29-2021, 05:56 PM - 3 Likes   #214
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mrpackerguy Quote
Anxious for some user reviews. Going to Italy Oct. 2022 and the iiix seems like the perfect travel camera given the trip will be overwhelmingly street shooting vs landscapes. Really don't want to lug my K5iis along.
I'm sure it would be a great camera for Italy. I'm often in Italy and I find the challenge in Italian cities is the extreme contrast between the heavily shaded, canyon-like city streets and the bright areas where the suns shines through. The GR III and GR IIIx have the highlight weighted exposure mode that will help to preserve the highlights, while having a clean enough image to bring up the shadows if you need to.

12-30-2021, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #215
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Different rings make it easy to distinguish the two! Lovely pair, on my (after the lottery) wish list.
01-01-2022, 03:18 AM   #216
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I'm sure it would be a great camera for Italy. I'm often in Italy and I find the challenge in Italian cities is the extreme contrast between the heavily shaded, canyon-like city streets and the bright areas where the suns shines through. The GR III and GR IIIx have the highlight weighted exposure mode that will help to preserve the highlights, while having a clean enough image to bring up the shadows if you need to.
I would bring my KP, since tilting screen would allow me to be more discrete in my photography.
01-01-2022, 09:50 AM   #217
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Nice family pic
Thanks thibs

---------- Post added 01-01-22 at 09:51 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
Yum! I just got the bronze ring for the x myself. Sexy color!
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Different rings make it easy to distinguish the two! Lovely pair, on my (after the lottery) wish list.
Yes, i find it beautifull

---------- Post added 01-01-22 at 09:55 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Yes, a very nice addition that this highlight preserving metering choice.
Nevertheless, i find the GRIIIs' files less prone to underexposure than those of Pentax SLRs, because you cannot get the same quality under 2-3 stops when post-processing the files (orange colour distorsion do appear and harm IQ).

Last edited by Zygonyx; 01-01-2022 at 09:56 AM.
01-01-2022, 11:20 AM   #218
Pentaxian

Nevertheless, i find the GRIIIs' files less prone to underexposure than those of Pentax SLRs, because you cannot get the same quality under 2-3 stops when post-processing the files (orange colour distorsion do appear and harm IQ).
Are you talking about automation only. Human intelligence can adjust EC and can use "raw" files when pure automation fails.
01-01-2022, 12:32 PM   #219
Pentaxian

No i'm a raw shooter.
I try to explain something i found.
This could be actually demonstrated factually, and i will try to do so when i have the time for it
01-03-2022, 03:25 AM - 4 Likes   #220
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by mrpackerguy Quote
Anxious for some user reviews. Going to Italy Oct. 2022 and the iiix seems like the perfect travel camera given the trip will be overwhelmingly street shooting vs landscapes. Really don't want to lug my K5iis along.
I bought the GR lll last October specifically to use on a trip to Venice and I had a blast with it - it is a fantastic travel camera.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 10-03-2022 at 07:34 AM.
01-20-2022, 07:50 AM - 4 Likes   #221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Adorama has the GRIIIx back in stock so I ordered one plus the charger/2 battery accessory option. Will give me plenty of time to get comfortable with it prior to our trip to Italy in late October.
01-21-2022, 11:24 AM - 3 Likes   #222
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Welcome the new inhabitant of my camera case

Edit:
Challenge: can you count how many cameras are there and what the focal range coverage is?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
MI 8  Photo 
01-21-2022, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #223
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote

Edit:
Challenge: can you count how many cameras are there and what the focal range coverage is?
Difficult to tell, but I think you have both GR adapters in there and lenses to suit.

Don't drop or lose that case!

My GRiiiX is now on order with the expensive GC-12 case and I have acquired the ridiculously simple but expensive GA-2 adapter for using filters. Can't wait for it to hit stock.
01-21-2022, 12:06 PM   #224
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Difficult to tell, but I think you have both GR adapters in there and lenses to suit.

Don't drop or lose that case!

My GRiiiX is now on order with the expensive GC-12 case and I have acquired the ridiculously simple but expensive GA-2 adapter for using filters. Can't wait for it to hit stock.
Right, I'm also not happy about the GA-2 price...
However, I'm sure the GR IIIx is worth the wait and you will like it.

And no, I have no conversion lens for the GR IIIx, yet. For the GR II there are the wideangle and the (rather rare) macro adapter. The latter would now be somehow redundant with the macro capabilities of the IIIx.

For me it is a tool that has been bought for a certain project (the other cams are mine and a "backup" and expansion for situations where the 26 mm lens is not ideal), it's not my private, but hope to do a trade after this job is finished. Until then it's a guest in this case. But i think it feels home there already.

Last edited by MMVIII; 01-21-2022 at 12:12 PM.
01-21-2022, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #225
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote

Edit:
I spy an Olympus Air with the charming little 17/2.8!