Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2022, 03:17 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Yxkane Quote
Got my copy on 1/5 and finally got some time to try it out… Very heavy on K1ii and the focus ring is a little too tight for me, but distortion is minimized so basically no correction is needed during pp… Attached sample for ref, slight pp due to very gloomy weather today and late timing. iso200, f5.6, 250/1s.
Looks good! Time for a lens club.

01-21-2022, 02:27 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Looks good! Time for a lens club.
I'd love that! I've been thoroughly thrilled with my copy of this lens.
02-23-2022, 12:23 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Can you guys post a photo of the mount of the Irix 30mm? I'd be interested to know if there is a cutout for the aperture gauge unlike the early Irix lenses (11 and 15).
02-25-2022, 04:28 AM   #34

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I won't open a new, dedicated thread since this is neither Pentax-related news, nor a rumour, but an educated guess.

TH Swiss AG just announced a new lens, the Irix Cine 21mm T/1.5: https://irixlens.com/cine-lenses/21mm/

The announcement of the Irix 21mm f/1.4 Dragonfly in a few months is therefore to be expected. Like the five Irix lenses currently in TH Swiss AG's portfolio (11mm f/4 - 15mm f/2.4 - 30mm f/1.4 - 45mm f/1.4 - 150mm f/2.8 Macro) this Irix 21mm f/1.4 should be available in Pentax KA mount.
looking forward for the announcement

03-16-2022, 06:08 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Review of the Irix 30mm f/1.4 Dragonfly on Canon EOS 5D Mark III (24x36, 22MP) and EOS 60D (APS-C, 18MP) by Arkadiusz Olech (translated by Maciej Latałło) for LensTip.com :

Irix 30 mm f/1.4 Review - LensTip.com
QuoteOriginally posted by Arkadiusz Olech (translated by Maciej Latałło), LensTip.com:

Pros:
  • sensational image quality in the frame centre,
  • good image quality on the edge of the frame, both on the APS-C/DX and FF sensors,
  • solid, sealed, stylish casing,
  • lack of longitudinal chromatic aberration,
  • very good correction of lateral chromatic aberration,
  • lack of problem connected to spherical aberration,
  • moderate distortion,
  • good correction of coma,
  • low astigmatism,
  • not bothersome vignetting on the smaller sensor,
  • out-of-focus images pleasing to the eye.

Cons:
  • performance against bright light could have been better,
  • high vignetting on full frame.

If you want to buy the Irix 1.4/30 you have to spend $675. It's $725 less than you have to pay for the Sigma A 28 mm f/1.4 HSM (Canon EF) and over seven times less than the cost of the Zeiss Otus 28 mm f/1.4. Still, when it comes to the performance, the Irix can compete with more expensive rivals on equal terms and in many test categories including the most important one, concerning image resolution, it fares even better. In my opinion if you decide to buy the Irix you will be a happy and satisfied user as it is a very well-put-together lens.